Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  1987 MERA #7071 REPAIR AND REBUILD (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
1987 MERA #7071 REPAIR AND REBUILD by mera7
Started on: 10-19-2009 02:06 AM
Replies: 254
Last post by: batousai666 on 02-14-2011 08:44 PM
mera7

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
rick that sounds fun...
IP: Logged
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Our local Fiero group wants to go the annual Fiero meet in Gunnison Colorado. It is usually around the July/August timeframe. I plan to drive the Mera up there.

unfortunately thats in the height of our other race team season... my professional monster truck race team.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
now that the option of the f23 287 getrag with stronger gears and better gear ratios... we now have a not very expensive 5 speed that will handle the hp and torque we throw at it... whole new set of options.... way cool. also to put the f23 in a car that already came with a getrag isnt hard or expensive. uses the fiero axles, flywheel, clutch, and shift cables. new good options....
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
latest secret weapon...

shhhh!!!!
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-16-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
another secret weapon....

again... shhhh!!!!
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-17-2010 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
2010 crate ls3 v8 with hotcam option and 2010 cobalt f23 287 getrag with 3.63 final ratio... new secret weapons.... cooooool
Brastic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2010 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
This thread is great. Thank you for taking the time to post and to post honest.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2010 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
thank you brastic
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-19-2010 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
according to my gear chart and the tire size i am running, 2500rpm = 81mph, and 6500rpm = 210mph. if wind drag and physics allow of coarse.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-21-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
2002 vin 4 cavalier f23 5 speed and another 2010 cobalt f23 5 speed.

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-23-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY MERA AND FIERO FRIENDS... MIKE IN OKLAHOMA
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Mera7, I'm curious as to why you removed all the original posts? Part of a rebuild thread is that you get to see how it started out, and see it's progression in restoration / modification. Do you have any pictures of what it looked like when you bought it?

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-23-2010 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
82ta, those pics are on page 4.

[This message has been edited by mera7 (edited 12-23-2010).]

zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
mera7... ...damn. Speechless. Have any pics of the exterior?

[This message has been edited by zigaroo (edited 12-23-2010).]

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-28-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
mocked up the new f23 trans mounts and ls3 motor mounts on the cradle today.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
trying a custom aluminum fuel cell instead of the factory tank.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Mike,

Are you doing a front mount fuel cell or building one for the stock location?

I am so envious of your skills! WOW.

Happy New Year!

\/\/
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
hey will... i am building one for the stock location in a fiero. i got a rci fuel cell and it didnt fit the way i wanted it to... so ill just make one.
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2011 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

mera7

1355 posts
Member since Sep 2009
HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL....
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-27-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
i have two built up cradles currently... cradle one is a zz430 sbc with a heavily modded 282 getrag... cradle two is a ls3 and a f23 287 getrag.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

i have two built up cradles currently... cradle one is a zz430 sbc with a heavily modded 282 getrag... cradle two is a ls3 and a f23 287 getrag.

How about posting some pictures???????????

Rodney
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

unfortunately thats in the height of our other race team season... my professional monster truck race team.

Really. How about some url's on this. What is the name of your race team? What class do you run in? What race tracks do you race at?? I would love to see some pictures.

Rodney
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

thank you for the compliment rick. the body rough in fiberglass work is done. and i have mocked up my new bolder rear fender lips and mocked up the bolder rear tail flip. so far thats it on the bodywork at the moment. been working on mechanicals more lately. im hoping with the trans swap/change to have it done in january ish. feb ish for test and tuning. and march to get the bugs out. should be ready for a mera reunion april or later

Wondering why you do not post any pictures? I have seen you post pictures of a few transmissions, engines and some parts. Why none of your Mera? I'd love to see it in this 8000 square feet shop you have. Seems you do know how to take and post pictures.

Rodney

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Still wondering what the name of your professional truck race team is. I've tried Googleing a few different things and can't find anything. Same with your 200+ mph Porsche race car. Any help? I'm sure these are both something you must be very proud of. Owner of a 200+ mph race car and owner a professional race truck team.

Rodney

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
rodney... i am completely amused that you find the need to STALK me in every thread i have ever posted in here on pff. the time you have spent hijacking other peoples threads just to try to harass me. the time you have spent googling me, googling my companies, the time researching all the threads i have posted in here on pff. dont you have better things to do with your time and life? as you have noticed i have ignored you. i will continue to do so. this is the only response you will get from me as i dont really care what you think or say or the rumors you may try to start about me or my companies. as far as pics of my engines, monster trucks, sema pics, mera pics and whatever else you have asked/badgered about in the last week here on pff... other upstanding members here on pff have these pics you ask of and proof and will vouch for me. so you just seem to be making a fool of yourself for everyone else to see. actually several of us here have been watching you and laughing at you in pm's. i wont answer your questions, i wont put up pics to your responses, and i wont dignify your stupid remarks. you need to stop hijacking other people threads here on pff. dont trudge up this thread either. leave well enough alone if you dont have something positive to say. again i dont care what you say or think. dont waste other peoples time here on pff. mike
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Do you smell that?
mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post
nope i dont
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Do you smell that?

how did you know i farted???
ahhhhh pastrami
d

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-09-2011).]

diabloroadster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterDirect Link to This Post

Mera- I would not recommend you posting any pics that this guy wants. The same thing happened to me on my Top Sportsmans drag car. I pissed someone off and he didnt belive me about my drag car, my v12 bmw, classic truck, my homes,ect..... Just called me a liar about everything. I posted pics of everything just to shut this looser up. He ended up calling up 3 of my sponsers that was displayed on my drag car an told them abunch of lies about me. I ended up loosong one sponcer over the deal. I hired a lawyer out of Califonia where they guy lived to file a lawsuit against him. Come to find out it was this 17 year old fat looser kid living with his mom in a trailer park. Come to find out he didnt have anything he braged about other than a mustang. It was supposed to be a TT5 car, multi winner,ect. - It was sitting on concrete blocks with half of the 6 cylinder motor hanging out the bottom. Its clear this rodney guy needs some help, at this point I hope he gets it...

rodney... i am completely amused that you find the need to STALK me in every thread i have ever posted in here on pff. the time you have spent hijacking other peoples threads just to try to harass me. the time you have spent googling me, googling my companies, the time researching all the threads i have posted in here on pff. dont you have better things to do with your time and life? as you have noticed i have ignored you. i will continue to do so. this is the only response you will get from me as i dont really care what you think or say or the rumors you may try to start about me or my companies. as far as pics of my engines, monster trucks, sema pics, mera pics and whatever else you have asked/badgered about in the last week here on pff... other upstanding members here on pff have these pics you ask of and proof and will vouch for me. so you just seem to be making a fool of yourself for everyone else to see. actually several of us here have been watching you and laughing at you in pm's. i wont answer your questions, i wont put up pics to your responses, and i wont dignify your stupid remarks. you need to stop hijacking other people threads here on pff. dont trudge up this thread either. leave well enough alone if you dont have something positive to say. again i dont care what you say or think. dont waste other peoples time here on pff. mike

mera7

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mera7Send a Private Message to mera7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

thank you diabloroadster. to be perfectly honest i have got alot of replies like yours, there are some good pff members here to be honest i didnt think of that tho about my sponsors... ill make sure my facebook page is cleaned up so dickman cant do that. thanks. mike in oklahoma
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Well that sucks...I wanted to see how that Mera got rebuilt...

Bob
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Well that sucks...I wanted to see how that Mera got rebuilt...

Bob

you will....when its done! promise

Daniel
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
So what were his plans with the f23?
To make the adapter plate fit the ecotec bolt pattern on the trans, or is there something else i'm missing??
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
you can just use the 1998 - 2002 cavalier f23 -2200 spec transaxle .bolts up to all fiero motors , 3800 , 4.9 northstar etc , etc .why did you people worship this guy ?he seems like a faker and rodney ?do you not know who he is ?
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

he seems like a faker and rodney do you not know who he is ?

Nobody knows who this guy is. We have Googled his name and everything we can think of and there is virtually nothing about him on the internet anywhere. Seems odd considering he says (his words) that he owns multiple businesses, a professional monster truck race team, a 216 mph Porsche, Does Chevy V-8 conversions in multiple Ferrari's and Porsche's etc etc etc. Anyone know what the search engine for fantasyland is? I'm sure you will find a million hits there on this guy.

Rodney

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Nobody knows who this guy is. We have Googled his name and everything we can think of and there is virtually nothing about him on the internet anywhere. Seems odd considering he says (his words) that he owns multiple businesses, a professional monster truck race team, a 216 mph Porsche, Does Chevy V-8 conversions in multiple Ferrari's and Porsche's etc etc etc. Anyone know what the search engine for fantasyland is? I'm sure you will find a million hits there on this guy.

Rodney

SO YOU MUST HAVE MISSED THE "HE'S RETIRED" PART. seems he is the Boss but does not run the day to day operations.

what do they call that now??.....OHHH YEAH, "THE GOOD LIFE!" cant wait till i hit the "golden year slide" too

lets move on shall we? bury the hachet, maybe?? we have Meras to dicuss, Rodney.
please feel free to call me. PM if you need my number again, thanks

D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-12-2011).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
He is only 39 and already retired? Mike - you da man!

Rodney

DefEddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
I plan to retire before 45 and I have none of those things,just work my ass off and invest/save it.
I already own my house straight out and gearing up to buy a rental with cash,i'm only 31. Anything is possible (at average income even..)
To call someone out with just an idea it doesn't fit your expectations is pretty dickish.

Mike,glad to see everything's going well with your project.
Just got mine home,been out of touch/off work for a couple months and my car's been sitting in the Ford shop waiting.
One of these days when i'm in OKC I swear i'm gonna call and buy you lunch to BS fiero's.
K75004X4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for K75004X4Send a Private Message to K75004X4Direct Link to This Post
eddie im with you on this one.
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
if you are going to brag about your accomplishments online then you should not be surprised when people call you out on it .if you want to keep your non fiero life private then dont brag unless you back it up.this is a fiero forum , not the "i am 31 and own two houses , a monster truck racing team , a 214 mph racing porsche etc etc forum .stick to fiero or go to off topic with it .deleting all the posts shows that for a retired guy , he wasnt very mature .
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock