Started on: 09-27-2009 04:43 PM
Replies: 130
Last post by: exoticse on 11-15-2011 11:21 AM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Last I knew the Blue Plazma was in New York, but I also heard a rumor it was spotted in Florida. No one knows for sure where it is as we have no way of contacting Alex's family.

welllllll,...........jscott you have a pm.
IP: Logged
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Janisv:

The red one is in Latvia

I have a few questions:

Is the red one (Laura) someone's daily driver, or is it sitting in a garage somewhere?

Would you or whomever owns it be willing to diassemble it to recreate the molds? At least the exterior molds. The car looks to be in really good shape. If the panels could be removed and copied.............

As I see it, there were only three cars modified with these Laura panels. Is that correct? If one is missing in NY/FL, and one is missing in Russia, then perhaps the Latvia one is the last chance we (the Fiero community) have of ever making sure we keep this design alive. If it is a daily driver, all it takes is one fender bender rear ending to take this design effectively out of the world.

And thinking out loud... is it possible the Plazma was sold by the family offline? Maybe someone in NY or FL that doesn't know PFF exists ended up with it, and doesn't realize what they've got.

Also, maybe the family moved back to Russia after Plazma-Man passed away. If so, would they take it with them or hang on to it as his legacy, or sell it to help them make it through this world without him? (I hope that doesn't sound heartless. Quite the contrary, I think his story and those of his partners is inspiring and makes me wonder :"what if".)

Thanks for answering. How many other Fieros are in Latvia, anyway?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

I have a few questions:

Is the red one (Laura) someone's daily driver, or is it sitting in a garage somewhere?

Would you or whomever owns it be willing to diassemble it to recreate the molds? At least the exterior molds. The car looks to be in really good shape. If the panels could be removed and copied.............

As I see it, there were only three cars modified with these Laura panels. Is that correct? If one is missing in NY/FL, and one is missing in Russia, then perhaps the Latvia one is the last chance we (the Fiero community) have of ever making sure we keep this design alive. If it is a daily driver, all it takes is one fender bender rear ending to take this design effectively out of the world.

And thinking out loud... is it possible the Plazma was sold by the family offline? Maybe someone in NY or FL that doesn't know PFF exists ended up with it, and doesn't realize what they've got.

Also, maybe the family moved back to Russia after Plazma-Man passed away. If so, would they take it with them or hang on to it as his legacy, or sell it to help them make it through this world without him? (I hope that doesn't sound heartless. Quite the contrary, I think his story and those of his partners is inspiring and makes me wonder :"what if".)

In one of his posts, alex mentions that his wife is american,..so i doubt they left the country.
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
would you consider selling it? And for how much?

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2009 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieDirect Link to This Post
chrismclubm - This may interest you: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/042768.html
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2009 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post
i would buy a front bumper like that ... in the furture when i am ready to paint my car and after the north star is in the car...
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

How many other Fieros are in Latvia, anyway?

in 2005 was 11 fieros in latvia. half of them you heard. ather fieros: 3 are running. and 2-3 are in autocross

and

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post

I have a few questions:

Hi,

The red Laura is not everyday driving. Since 1996, it has traveled only 3000 km. Since the year 2008 only 200 km.

We think make a copy of the emergency to restore the car if some incident will happen. We also thought make a copy for sale, but when we tried in 2008 to sell this car, no one was interested in buying them. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/042768.html

It looks like that was created only 3 machines, one in Russia (black) only rolling chassis with kg`s of foam, one in USA - PLASMA and one in LATVIA - LAURA.

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post

Janisv

45 posts
Member since Sep 2009

If someone is interested I can put the history of Laura1 Laura2 and Laura3.
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2009 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post
He had a shop? he may have MOLDS! and paperwork on how to make theses things?
Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post
Jurai, where you are form?
PFF
System Bot
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2009 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post

Jurai, where you are form?

i am in the USA
Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jurai:

i am in the USA

I see You do not sleep at nights.. you are in forum

[This message has been edited by Janisv (edited 09-30-2009).]

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post

Janisv

45 posts
Member since Sep 2009
History of LAURA

THE LAURA 1 story....

In 1981, in Sankt-Peterburg (Leningrad in 1981 y.) was a regular car race for homemade vehicles, organized by the magazine "Technique-youth". Perhaps this event has pushed the two friends to the idea of building their own car, two cars - that no one was hurt. And they called his creation "Laura"

The name of these guys was Gennady Hainov (at that time he worked at a shipyard) and Dmitri Parfjonov (shirked from the army).
Having found on the outskirts of the city garage with holes in the walls and roof, they started to weld out of old water pipes, two identical frames.

Winter was in the works with the hardware: installed engines, assembled undercarriage. Once warmed up so when can work with epoxy began construction of the body.

Body was made by the following technologies: frame glued to the foam blocks, as close to the drawings and cut out surface, pasted the top few layers of glass, putty, skin. In the case of the need for fine detail - and pick out the foam is glued strengthening of pipes.

In the spring of 1985, both "Lauras" had been completed.
As you can see, the machines turned out a little bit different. Parfjonova "Laura" was with more rounded ahead, painted light beige color and with blackened side bar. Hainova „Laura” was made with a "chopped" face and painted all the dark-green color.

Rear lighting was also made independently.

"On-board electronics”, looked impressive, but in fact was very simple: in the first screen when you press one of the buttons shown and the corresponding figures of one of the sensors, and a second display with the buttons - nothing as simple engineering programmable calculator with boarded in memory of several simple-program (for example, to calculate the average fuel consumption). Data, of course, had to enter manually.

"Laura" had a front-wheel drive. The machines were equipped with engines of VAZ-2105 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAZ-2105), which docked to the "expanded" manual gearbox on „ZAZ” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZAZ) and then transmitted to the rotation of the front constant velocity joints of the"Niva" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lada_Niva)

Parfjonova "Laura" graced the exposure of the USSR at the international exhibition "EXPO-85" in the Bulgarian city of Plovdiv. He with Hainov in a second car (repainted to the similarity, too, in a beige color) went to the car race on the route Moscow-Plovdiv Sophia.
Hainova "Laura" on the flat straight confidently made up to 170 km/h.

In the 1986 Hainov made a "facelift" of his car, changing the design of bumpers, making the lining on the sidewalls, redesigned lighting equipment and painted it red.

In the exhibition "100 years of automobile" held in Prague, Hainova "Laura" was interested in participating in the exhibition Nuccio Bertone, and he was genuinely surprised that such a modern car is built by two people in the barn.

[This message has been edited by Janisv (edited 09-30-2009).]

Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Wow, very cool info.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing
Flamberge

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

History of LAURA

THE LAURA 1 story....

Great info! Keep going....

Flamberge
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post
bump
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Janisv,

Any plans to pull molds off of your car ? If nothing else what about the nose ?
Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post
History of LAURA

THE LAURA 2 story....

By the 1988, the road of Hainov and Parfjonov diverge. Each registered the company, hoping to do business in the manufacture of cars. Parfjonov finally also modernizes the appearance of his "Laura" and repaint it in the colors dark blue top, and bottom - dark silver.

Around in 1990 Parfjonov decides to radically upgrade their car and with the participation of its designer Sunteev fundamentally alters the appearance of "Laura." Ruthlessly cut down the corners of the body at both the front and rear, plasticine adjusted later narrow and round "face" with developed spoiler, rear appeared in relief. After removal of the matrix and make new body, "original" building was smashed and ripped from the frame.

But ithen happens "the luck": Parfjonov, gets for free a "Audi Coupe" (3-door hatchback) with almost new two-liter engine. Dmitri decides to do with this car units of a mid-sports car, placed in the base expanded to 180 degrees motor with a box of "Audi". For this new designed body "Laura" is shortened to (reduced distance between the door and wheel arch), and, consequently, lengthen ass, there is the side air intake. In 1992, the dull layout with nonopening doors was shown in Moscow at the International Motor Show. They called it "Laura Xc-20".

Determined to put "Lauro-2" to production, Parfjonov throws the remains of primeval "Laura" in the garbage, weld still frames for the "XC-20" and make few more bodies.

There was planned even to manufacturing version of the cabriolet. But in the early 90's was not interesents who willing to buy "a self made car" from used units at the price of new foreign cars. Therefore, the project successfully stalled.

There was only one enthusiast-rich from Smolensk, who bought one box of removing the roof and completed the same machine, adding a removable hard top.

Instead of mirrors, this machine is equipped with video cameras.

P.S. Sorry if some language mistakes in the text

[This message has been edited by Janisv (edited 10-12-2009).]

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post

Janisv

45 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by exoticse:
Janisv,

Any plans to pull molds off of your car ? If nothing else what about the nose ?

Hi,

Maybe before the car painting I`ll take off the body to make a copy. The car is in poor condition so it needs a lot of work.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Janisv - More history of Laura Please.

The difficulty of the Laura is the same as for all kit cars, very few people want to pay new car money for a home made car built on the chassis of a used car.

This is why Alex had difficulty selling the Plazma kit. Many people admire it, but when it comes time to purchase they change their minds.

However, there are people in America that want to buy the parts to put on their own cars. There would be greater interest in just the front or rear bumper for example.
Jurai

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JuraiSend a Private Message to JuraiDirect Link to This Post
i think they should release info on the molds so we can make our own... make copies of the molds and share them....

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jurai:

i think they should release info on the molds so we can make our own... make copies of the molds and share them....

They have a unique car, yes they could give it away to everyone but then theirs would not be unique. If there is value in their car, then I would never expect them to just give the molds away. I would say do a test market to see who would be willing to buy body parts and then see if the potential income justifies the effort. As far as selling or giving the molds away, how many people have tried to steal other people's sales by making knockoffs of someone else's body kits? Why should someone else profit off of their car? That's just my opinion, but I believe it to be reasonable.

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

I'll second that.

Really neat pictures and information your giving us. I can muddle through the translation just fine.

Thank you .

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-01-2009).]

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post

The difficulty of the Laura is the same as for all kit cars, very few people want to pay new car money for a home made car built on the chassis of a used car.

This is why Alex had difficulty selling the Plazma kit. Many people admire it, but when it comes time to purchase they change their minds.

However, there are people in America that want to buy the parts to put on their own cars. There would be greater interest in just the front or rear bumper for example.

It is not possible to put the front and the rear bumpers without other body parts.
I made a photos with the removed body so you can see it. I`ll put the pics soon

[This message has been edited by Janisv (edited 10-02-2009).]

labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Just something I noticed while looking through the other pics with whale tails. A confederate flag? =p

But yeah, it's nice to hear more about this kit. I love it without the whale tail.

looks like it may be the georgia state flag...anyways, i'm from the deep south right in the middle of alabama....i don't understand what the big deal is about the confederate flag anyway...i mean, it's a sign of heritage not of hatred...i mean every day you see symbols of and signs that represent differnet people and their cultures and beliefs...i just don't see why people who represent their heritage by flying the flag should be rediculed to much.....maybe it's because so many people abuse it and try to present it in a negative way....i don't know.....anyways, not trying to de-rail the topic i just wanted to throw that in there...i digress
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

It is not possible to put the front and the rear bumpers without other body parts.
I made a photos with the removed body so you can see it. I`ll put the pics soon

I completely understand that... I was just saying from a business perspective more people would be interested in individual body parts compared to the complete body kit. Nevertheless the Laura 1, 2 and 3 are very nice looking cars.

MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post
Some pics of my Fiero

[This message has been edited by MAD_DOG_LV (edited 10-06-2009).]

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post
Nice car
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car!!!
PFF
System Bot
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

HI all

Hopefully the pic of the interior shows up.... Cuz that is one bad @$$ steering wheel, jus gotta take off the crown prongs........ Yeah, yeah!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Janisv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JanisvSend a Private Message to JanisvDirect Link to This Post
The Laura 3 story... sorry it is short

In 1994-95 emigrated to the U.S. A. Alexander Kulygin (creator of "Pangolin" I will place info about this car later)
proposes to Parfjonov to organize in Russia and in the U.S. production of cars on the principle of "KIT CAR". It was decided to produce a new body panels and interior on a mid-serial "Pontiac Fiero". The project was named "Laura-3".

At tis time on design worked designers Pepeliaev, Kulikov and Sunteev

To produce the layout and matrices Parfjonov and his partners going to America to visit Kulygin.

All interior was made in the US, but body in Russia.

This kit was not go to mass production too, because the main problem was Hi quality (like new) Fieros! Customers want to have a new chassis!- It's problems, and they stop made this kit cars

One car is the rolling chassis (The black one):

One car was sold to Latvia for 30 000 USD:

One car is in the USA, The Blue Plazma:

Maybe is some others kits, but I don`t have any info

That`s all what I know about this project.
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post
Its look like no more interest
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

No on the contrary, there is very much intrest in this story,..more, more !
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

One car is the rolling chassis (The black one):

I wish that there was some way to get more info on the "Rolling Chassis".
Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpDirect Link to This Post

If somebody were to ever aquire the molds and the rights to reproduce this car over here I would be first in line to buy a kit.
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

I wish that there was some way to get more info on the "Rolling Chassis".

Noups - no info. as i know.

Russia is big, but on all russian net is no info.
Maybe after some years its shows .....

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MAD_DOG_LV:
Maybe after some years its shows .....

I hope so... can't look for it myself as I don't read Russian...
MAD_DOG_LV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAD_DOG_LVSend a Private Message to MAD_DOG_LVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chump:

If somebody were to ever aquire the molds and the rights to reproduce this car over here I would be first in line to buy a kit.

But when Stju was put Laura on sale - there was no offers....

Same can be with body kit.. when is talking - me me me but when must pay - no in this moment this is too much... etc etc

Sorry, Nothing personal

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock