Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Let's make ........... wingstands. (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Let's make ........... wingstands. by Sage
Started on: 07-20-2006 06:31 PM
Replies: 89
Last post by: Sage on 12-21-2011 05:57 PM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
motoracer838:.................if they came from Doug at Fierowarehouse, I'd have to plead guilty. Glad you like what you got, that's always as rewarding to me as getting paid for making them. There's a thread somewhere (probably in the archives by now) about Doug buying out IRM and in that thread is a small breakdown of how those side panels came into being. I'm not that great with the search function, but someone who is could probably find it.

fyrebird68....................Thanks for the vote of confidence................I have always enjoyed doing what others said "can't be done", the wingstands happen to be among those things. I don't know how many people said "You can't make wingstands from fiberglass", even when you put one in their hand and they can see and touch it, they say, "This is FIBERGLASS???" As for the dreams, if I could ever realize all the plans I've got rolling around in my head for new parts for our Fieros, well................let's just say I would be very busy for a loooong time. The platform is not going to go away anytime real soon, at least the way I see things. You can make it into just about anything you want it to be if you have patience and ..........CASH! Madcurls a good example, and then there's Archie...........man he's done some very extreme stuff to Fieros, and I think he's just gettin started!

HAGO!
IP: Logged
Nurb432

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post07-08-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

My wife wants shorter than stock wingstands installed so that the wing sits millimeters off of the side of the car.

Any shorter ones out there?

Brad

Just cut a set of OEM ones?

Im thinking of making/adding a center stand on mine personally due to the wing starting to sag... has anyone done something like that but kept it stock height?
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

My wife wants shorter than stock wingstands installed so that the wing sits millimeters off of the side of the car.

Any shorter ones out there?

Brad

Brad, check these out.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/047324.html

Joe
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2010 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
VERY nice thread SAGE.
I just wanted to give you this bump for your great effort for the Fiero community.
SmoothGT

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
RIP. "Little Feather"

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Steve, it's appreciated. Also thanks for the bump to keep this thread out of the archives one more time.

Haven't really got to do anything "new" for a while, but still have plans for a few things which I hope to get to by summer.

Just to put things in perspective price wise, since that was one of the reasons this thread came into being in the first place: I have had a partial bottom plate in my mouth for nearly 12 years now. No need to go into the reasons I had to get it initially, but today I went to have it "relined", as it was getting loose from my gums shrinking over the years. I believe the plate originally cost about $200. That included the impression session where they made a "mold" of my gums and remaining teeth on the bottom, making the plate, fitting the plastic teeth to it and then adjusting it to fit comfortably. This WAS over 12 years ago, granted, but I can't imagine the materials going up that much over that time span. I went in this morning at 7:40 was in the chair/office for less than 40 minutes, while they took new impressions of my gums and teeth. I left and was told to return at 1:00pm which I did. They sent the plate off to a tech who "relined" it with new plastic to fit my new gum configuration, using the existing teeth, and metal clasps that hold the plate to my remaning bottom teeth. In other words, very little new material was used, and the time, including my office visit, return trip, delivering the plate to the tech, having it returned from the tech to the dentists office was less than 5 hours. The bill?..................(drum roll)...............$354.00! Granted, this is very specialized work, but come on, they didn't even have to make a plug first ! It usually takes me at least two days to make a set of wing stands. No, that's not 48 hours straight, but over the course of that 48 hours, they can be started and finished. Doug now sells them for $220.00 I think. So before somebody else says it, I will.........I'm in the wrong business! Like I said, this example is just to help put things in a little better perspective. Ok, rant over.........I feel better now.

Anyway, thanks again Steve for the kind words, and I'd also like to extend my sincere sympathies for your recent loss, I can't imagine having to deal with a situation like that. Stay strong for your loved ones, they need you now.

Happy Christmas to you and everybody at PFF, and thanks again to Cliff Pennock for creating and maintaining this place for all of us. Happy New Year too!

HAGO!

blkpearl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
Hey are the 5' inch wingstands still being made? I finally think it is time to pick them up.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Yes, all the wing stands are still available. If interested, you need to contact Doug at Fierowarehouse.com or send him an email with Fiero as the subject to dmkfiero@ovis.net.

Thanks for looking & HAGO!
redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post
incredible work.... Awesome! A well deserved bump for this thread....

Thank you for telling me about this thread it was so worth it. I have a new found respect for those with the skills to do this. Its something I have always wanted to learn to do as it opens up such a wealth of possibilities. Of course life forces the balance of time vs $. You never have both at the same time... Lol maybe one day. Till then I will just sit back and watch a master!

I sure hope to hear back from FieroWarehouse soon. Got no answer on an email I sent a while back....

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
Sage
I just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread
I have been playing with fiberglass latetly
and I have a lot of respect for what you do
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
85LAMB: Glad to hear you enjoyed the thread, always good to know somebody got something from it.

There are quite a few folks here at Pennocks that have a way with fiberglass. Look at Amida's threads, or any of Archies threads, a recent addition is EVM_Rob who posted a great thread here in GFC showing how he turned a very bad fiberglass body into a thing of beauty, step by step, very enlightening, especially to anyone looking to learn "how it's done". There are many books on the subject and websites devoted to it. I have found that "hands on" always works best for me. Don't know where you are located in FL, but JimmyS has his operation down there, and they do just about everything with glass that can be done. Maybe you could visit Dan's shop sometime. Anyway, glad you liked the wingstands thread, post what you are doing sometime, I'm sure there are others that will enjoy seeing it, and maybe you will get or give some pointers!

Have a great Christmas and New Year!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock