Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  What if all Fieros were Chop tops? (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
What if all Fieros were Chop tops? by jscott1
Started on: 01-01-2005 08:39 PM
Replies: 319
Last post by: exoticse on 09-17-2011 11:05 AM
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
here is a photoCHOP i did stock rims only bigger, cop top maybe?
IP: Logged
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is one that was done of my car.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Could someone chop this car for me from these two different angles ??

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
3d is hard but here you go

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 06-17-2008).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

3d is hard but here you go

Nice! Tony, Whose car is this?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
While I must agree that chop top Fieros look really great; I would say that for us guys 6' and up we would have to shorten our necks to fit in there. My head nearly touches the headliner right now!

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's 4T65eHD
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I would say that for us guys 6' and up we would have to shorten our necks to fit in there. My head nearly touches the headliner right now!

Not really... My seat is lowered about an inch, and I could probably lower it another inch if I removed a layer of foam from the seat cushion, combined with a "gansta lean" and you would fit perfectly.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hey Jscott1,

That car belongs to SOUL CRUSHER.

He just installed the new cobra hood vents.
Dudeus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DudeusSend a Private Message to DudeusDirect Link to This Post
What if everything was chop-topped?

Sorry I have kind of a large request, I've just always wondered what they'd look like chopped.
Friend's M6:

My Luv:

Finally, my Fiero:
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
If all Fieros were chop-tops, I'd probably be driving a Miata, or an MR2. I wouldn't like having my head almost touching the roof. Not only is it annoying, but it's a safety hazard.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
Is it true that Pontiac originally design the Fiero with a 1" lower profile? My understanding is they had to raise it up a bit to allow for a wider diversity of drivers. A shorter profile would have turned away the demographics Pontiac was aiming at. Was this true?

Cordially,
Kevin
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

If all Fieros were chop-tops, I'd probably be driving a Miata, or an MR2. I wouldn't like having my head almost touching the roof. Not only is it annoying, but it's a safety hazard.

Well I sit short... I have at least three inches above my head in the chop top.

I don't know if the Fiero originally had a taller roofline, but the angle of the windshield is the one thing that dates the fastback.

A chop top looks 100% better in my opinion.
Jakezilla3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jakezilla3Send a Private Message to Jakezilla3Direct Link to This Post
Hey just found this thread. I don't have photoshop on this computer but I have GIMP, so I played around with the truck.

Not very good I know, but I am more comfortable in photoshop

------------------
88 Fiero Formula V6 auto
99 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
99 Nissan Sentra 1.6L 5speed

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Chop please ?

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Here you go :-)

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 08-04-2008).]

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Well I sit short... I have at least three inches above my head in the chop top.

I don't know if the Fiero originally had a taller roofline, but the angle of the windshield is the one thing that dates the fastback.

A chop top looks 100% better in my opinion.

If I remember my Fiero reading. There's a paragraph in the Fiero (Gary Wizenburg) book saying the car was originally designed 2 inches shorter, until the head honcho (6ft 5) sat in, and engineers/designers found out, you don't build cars the CEO can't sit in.
But I agree, the Fiero greenhouse should be about 2 inches lower. But I also remember hitting a pothole in my chop and it felt like someone kicked me in the bum, and knocked me on the top of my noggin

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

Here you go :-)

If only I could get Archie to do it....
Syme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeSend a Private Message to SymeDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm.... a lot of nice photoshop work on here. Apparently the majority (if not everyone) seems to to be in favour of the chop top look. Just curious, but is there anyone out there that prefers the original roof line to the chop? I think that chopped, the roof line looks out of proportion to the rest of the car. ...all a matter of preference I suppose. Regardless, it's still neat to see what a lot have accomplished here with a bit of imagination and know how.

------------------

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
If only I could get Archie to do it.... [/QUOTE]

Why won’t Archie do it?

I think copping this idea would be SWEET!!!

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 08-04-2008).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Archie won't chop a T-top

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../024804-10.html#p389

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020118-1-009379.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030531-1-026592.html

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO :-( ....... Bummer You will just have to get another fiero without the t-top then. :-)
PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someday thay just look so much more exotic this way. bump hehe

------------------
Happiness is a choice

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 10-16-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Just do it for real!
but they all look cool!

in progress and a long way to go but it is a real choptop.
I realy don't care choptop or not the Fiero is cool in any form!
gunslinger

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post
I have two problems with choptops that is why I would not do one and they do look cool,I am a big person 242 lbs at 6' and clusterphobic,I hate the plastic windows and the distorted vision duye to the angle of layback.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by gunslinger:

I have two problems with choptops that is why I would not do one and they do look cool,I am a big person 242 lbs at 6' and clusterphobic,I hate the plastic windows and the distorted vision duye to the angle of layback.

Actually that's three reasons, but who's counting.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Just do it for real!
but they all look cool!

in progress and a long way to go but it is a real choptop.
I realy don't care choptop or not the Fiero is cool in any form!

Do you have a price list of what it cast to home brew it? If its in your build thread let me know and remind me witch one it is please.
Thanks-Terry

gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post
Yes now I realize check out my spelling too
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
Could you not do a t-top conversion after the chop?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

Could you not do a t-top conversion after the chop?

Maybe, but it wouldn't (couldn't) be by the book because the roof is now too short for all the measurements to work. The trailing edge of the glass is going to be about 2 inches aft of where it's supposed to be. The "B" pillar reinforcements are going to be in the wrong place, and the structural part of the roof is going to be about 2 inches shorter.

Not that it can't be done, but keeping the t-top glass and the windshield glass stock is going to be very difficult.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
If all Fiero's were choptops I would own 10 or more! ha ha!
I have tracked what the choptop cost to do because I have so many other things I am also doing to the car.
and I realy dont want to know what the car will end up costing. I just add to it as I can afford it.
I have tacked what I have spent on the car since the day I got it but I don't want to add it up because it might make me want to quit while I am behind.
what ever it ends up costing does not matter to me what matters is it will be Cool! and one of a kind the same way all of my projects are.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Thanks I understand I would be a little scared to find out too It would probably turn me away from doing to if I know but it is fun to watch
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Time to stir the pot again, hehehehe. Can somebody do a chop on Clay's widebody ?

a few different angles.

sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

If all Fiero's were choptops I would own 10 or more! ha ha!
I have tracked what the choptop cost to do because I have so many other things I am also doing to the car.
and I realy dont want to know what the car will end up costing. I just add to it as I can afford it.
I have tacked what I have spent on the car since the day I got it but I don't want to add it up because it might make me want to quit while I am behind.
what ever it ends up costing does not matter to me what matters is it will be Cool! and one of a kind the same way all of my projects are.

Just what is a ballpark on what it would cost to have this done to a Fiero? Start to finish.

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 04-19-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:

Just what is a ballpark on what it would cost to have this done to a Fiero? Start to finish.

I think archie charges around 4K.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Agree. IMO won't even consider chopping a Notchback, looks squashed.

Originally posted by exoticse:
Time to stir the pot again, hehehehe. Can somebody do a chop on Clay's widebody ?

a few different angles.

Without the chop that side view looks like a Datsun IMO.

I think archie charges around 4K.

Well if you are a DIYer than F355spider will walk you thru the choptop process (webcam) and you will get a great deal with glass windows too.
Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
I like the look of the chop-top but I'm glad not all Fiero are. If they were I couldn't own one like the Mini I wouldn't be able to fit in it. My head is already touching the roof as it is.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I'm getting rusty...but here's a crude widebody Photochop...

Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

While I must agree that chop top Fieros look really great; I would say that for us guys 6' and up we would have to shorten our necks to fit in there. My head nearly touches the headliner right now!

agreed. 6'6", and stock height is an issue. iv tried to think of a way to drop the seat to be an inch or 2 shorter before, though never any real hard thought... hmm...
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
hahaha DO IT RIGHT NOW

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nohbdy:

iv tried to think of a way to drop the seat to be an inch or 2 shorter before, though never any real hard thought... hmm...

When Archie chops a car he does lower the seat by about an inch by removing the cross support and bolting the seats directly to the floor.

Also when I recovered my seats I scooped out about an inch of foam. The inch of foam didn't lower by an inch because it's compressed when you are sitting on it, but at least it dropped between 1/4" and 1/2"
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock