Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Is a tuner fiero a good idea? Or am i gunna get beat up by you guys (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Is a tuner fiero a good idea? Or am i gunna get beat up by you guys by Bboyballistik
Started on: 12-25-2010 10:02 AM
Replies: 183
Last post by: iluvsd619 on 12-31-2010 02:27 AM
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post
I dont understand the point of the ratings. Since I have been here i've seen some rather dumb posts, nothing that has personally offended me at all of course. But neg repping people due to you disagreeing with what they have to say is childish in itself. A moderator system is far superior to a rating system. At least with mods you don't get the gang up mob mentality like you do with neg repper's. Just my opinion.
IP: Logged
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
You can ask tst what i think about moderation systems... me and moderators dont get along to well.

I dont like moderator systems because if you get one mod that dosent like you they can make your time ona forum a living hell.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darksyde:

I dont understand the point of the ratings. Since I have been here i've seen some rather dumb posts, nothing that has personally offended me at all of course. But neg repping people due to you disagreeing with what they have to say is childish in itself. A moderator system is far superior to a rating system. At least with mods you don't get the gang up mob mentality like you do with neg repper's. Just my opinion.

One of the issues is that there have been a lot of assholes join the forum over the last 6 months and they have been taken care of by the rating system. Most of them seemed to be ex-members that were banned and want to "get back" at the people that originally banned them even though they register from a different I.P address. Since a few "new" members have joined over the last few weeks, I have acquired 3 more ratings for no reason ( 1 is a positive confirmed by a member on here ). I haven't given bad opinions in other peoples threads and have been pretty dormant on here due to my work schedule. Now, I guarantee that when Cliffs server does it's "clean up" of recently banned members, one or more of my ratings will disappear. The only thing I can say about having a moderator do the banning is that Cliff is the ONLY moderator on here and that is why your idea would work very well. On other forums, they have sub-moderators who abuse the power when they get a stick up their ass.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-29-2010).]

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

You sure about that? I only see a way to view ratings I've given, not how many positive/negative/neutral I've received exactly.

That's funny. I just glanced at them earlier. I was in a hurry. It WAS the ratings I had given. Not received.
That brings up two things. I thought I had +'d more people than that AND I wonder how I am doing
You would think you could check how you are doing. Not necessarily who rated you but a positive and negative total. Might encourage a few people to be more polite
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I would love to be able to see a breakdown of my ratings. I've always wondered how many negs are making up that spot of red on my bar. It actually bothers me quite a bit that there's any red in there at all.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I would love to be able to see a breakdown of my ratings. I've always wondered how many negs are making up that spot of red on my bar. It actually bothers me quite a bit that there's any red in there at all.

Right click on the red bar and select "properties" and do the same for the green. Note the Pixels (8x8, 5x7) When you receive ratings, check the difference in the numbers. When either side's numbers increases, you know you are headed in that direction.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
How many negatives do you have to get to get banned? I know the the rating bar shows up when you get 50 ratings. I never gave him a negative, I would have told him that I did, I always do that wether its a negative or positive rating.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

How many negatives do you have to get to get banned? I know the the rating bar shows up when you get 50 ratings. I never gave him a negative, I would have told him that I did, I always do that wether its a negative or positive rating.

I believe if you get 15 negative ratings in a very short time, you are speed banned. Cliff may have to chime in but I believe that number is correct.
kellisor20

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Direct Link to This Post
All I have to say about the looks of it is, that is your car and not anyone else's. Now if you want the wing for performance and handling then you dont need it. A wing is in all performance cases used to keep the rear tires glued to the ground. That being said most of those cars have a front mounted engine or hit 200mph. The fiero however has the engine over the rear tires deeming the wing unnecessary, because it has all that weight doing what the wing would. It will not hit 200mph without a VERY powerful new motor.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kellisor20:

All I have to say about the looks of it is, that is your car and not anyone else's. Now if you want the wing for performance and handling then you dont need it. A wing is in all performance cases used to keep the rear tires glued to the ground. That being said most of those cars have a front mounted engine or hit 200mph. The fiero however has the engine over the rear tires deeming the wing unnecessary, because it has all that weight doing what the wing would. It will not hit 200mph without a VERY powerful new motor.

Little late there brotha. this guy came and went pretty fast..... i think so fat the door hit him on the way out.

Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

On other forums, they have sub-moderators who abuse the power when they get a stick up their ass.

I do agree with that. I was a mod on another forum with almost 14,000 users and some of the mods did abuse their power. Which is one of the reasons I chose to step down.

PFF
System Bot
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about doing an MR2 based 355 kit so I can have the benefits of the tunercar industry with the kitcar body.

If I was going to do one Fiero based id give Pisa a call. They have the front end you need and the rear tail lights to make it happen and keep it simple. It's cheaper than going with a complete body kit and stretch.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

You can ask tst what i think about moderation systems... me and moderators dont get along to well.

I dont like moderator systems because if you get one mod that dosent like you they can make your time ona forum a living hell.

I agree. This system works well, the majority has spoken. I had no issue with this kid, but come on, his last 3 or 4 posts were just attacks.

Brad
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
I think your wing needs to be longer, like the length of the stock wing. Otherwise, im all for the tuner look just as long it is done right and you don't go overboard. This was my car back in 2001. It had a Saleen wing, mr2 scoops, and a 355 front. Got lots of complements. Like someone said, its your car, your dream. You do what makes you happy.

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-30-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel:

I was thinking about doing an MR2 based 355 kit so I can have the benefits of the tunercar industry with the kitcar body.

If I was going to do one Fiero based id give Pisa a call. They have the front end you need and the rear tail lights to make it happen and keep it simple. It's cheaper than going with a complete body kit and stretch.

From what I've seen of others using PISA's parts, I'd stay away from PISA. Their parts are very rough and require a lot more finish than others. If you want a 355 nose/tail lights, you should check out Amida's work, and/or FieroFiberglass.
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I like how folks keep posting thier opinion about the OP's car even after he is gone - does no one pay attention and actually read the thread? Come on people - catch up!
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I'm not quite sure what warranted the guy getting banned.

Just a wild guess:

Originally posted by Bboyballistik:
Aa hahahahahaha Oh no u hurt my feelings. What a pussy

You people are retarded. If you actually read the threads .. I sold the wing and the muffler is gone. Haha n i didnt as for any opinion on my hummer or vette.. You people are kind enough to give me such great feedback which i hold dear to my heart! Thank you all

Yea cause my one goal in life is to be on a fiero forum haha u ****in loser.

I highly doubt any of these older "
gentlemen" on here had such nice cars when they were my age.. So i get **** for it. Im used to it tho

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Just a wild guess:

I've seen worse.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I missed this gem, it was I think his 9th post on this forum:

I didnt expext people to be such asses on this forum.. Even tho im new ive read many threads n didnt think people talked soo much bull. Figures.

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I've seen worse.

Oh, I've seen much worse also. But if your a new member with less than 50 posts to your name, you haven't earned enough respect yet that people are willing to forgive your outbursts. If you're a new member and right off the bat start calling people "asses", "pussy" and "retarded", then I say "good riddance".

Also, typing "u" instead of "you", "n" instead of "and", "r" instead of "are", "gunna" instead of "going to/gonna" and ending every other sentence with "lol" is so 2009.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Also, typing "u" instead of "you", "n" instead of "and", "r" instead of "are", "gunna" instead of "going to/gonna" and ending every other sentence with "lol" is so 2009.

O, I guess u r right lol.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Even i pointed that out to him... honestley.. i hate when people talk like that.

PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

Oh, I missed this gem, it was I think his 9th post on this forum:

Oh, I've seen much worse also. But if your a new member with less than 50 posts to your name, you haven't earned enough respect yet that people are willing to forgive your outbursts. If you're a new member and right off the bat start calling people "asses", "pussy" and "retarded", then I say "good riddance".

I was trying to make that clear to him as well. I got a little flamed for it, but I don't get all butt hurt about it like he did. He should really read that book I mentioned in my above post.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 12-30-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-31-2010 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
Even i pointed that out to him... honestley.. i hate when people talk like that.

You forgot the lol.
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
Oh, HAHA!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock