making an official hello by Samuraijack
Started on: 11-05-2010 07:39 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Carver1 on 11-09-2010 08:35 PM
Samuraijack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamuraijackSend a Private Message to SamuraijackDirect Link to This Post
I have searched this site for years and finally took the time to join up.

I suggested to a friend that after his car was stolen from his driveway he should replace it with ( insert cars of choice for young kids here ).
He had a cutlass with a spec built engine, that car was crazy fast. One day naming off cars i joked " hey you could always rebuild your v8 and throw it in a fiero"

apparently he was not offended and bought an 85 GT.

I was impressed with this little car having never been in one before. He added a zex nitros kit, and then swapped in a turbo from an eclipse.

that's was a fun summer of smoking your typical v8 RWD cars, until a oil line came loose starving the turbo, good by engine.

Well I was looking through the auto trader for my first car and there on a page was a black and white photo of a 86 GT with 65,000 km on it for sale by the original owner.

Being young, poor, and not able to purchase ANY new car I bought this unit. It was such a memorable purchase the lady that owned the car had EVERY piece of paper and booklet she had gotten from the dealership. She made sure to keep pointing out it was only driven in the summer as she couldn't drive a standard in winter.

I honestly felt she did a better job, "delivering" me my first car then a dealer would have, she loved that little car. When I drove up to first see it, it was sitting in the driveway looking like it had never been driven.

I had many years of replacing and updated the aged pieces, alternator, water pump, nothing big and a good learning curve for me.

its now 10 years later and I still have the car and have come to be in a love hate relationship with it. It ALWAYS seems to be a black hole sucking in all time and space when I get to work on it.

But it is always worth it in the end.....so far.

I have gone through the entire suspension the last few weeks installing all poly bushings, KONI's, sway bars, the HT motor-sports bump steer kit, and intrax springs. I have solid cradle bushings but am sitting on them because I cant make up my mind on the next engine and they will go in then. Every summer the car gets better and I grow fonder of it.

I own a fiero, I have never burst into flames, and I have never had a reliability issue with it ( currently just passed 100,000 km last week ). This car serves one purpose, to put a smile on my face when I see all the stares it gets from those that do not know what it is.

Hello, I will be posting from now on.

[This message has been edited by Samuraijack (edited 11-09-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to PFF! Thanks for sharing your story and introducing yourself. A little more advanced, but I'll ask anyway.... Any pictures? Since you said you have been lurking then you know you are in good company here.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Great introduction about yourself, thanks for sharing it! I agree, pictures are needed .

Nolan

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 11-05-2010).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Dude! Welcome to the forum! Having lurked before joining, you know you're in good company. And now! Without further ado, where's the pics?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness there my canadian ally ... like EH ....the great white north is one more fiero fanatic strong

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Samuraijack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamuraijackSend a Private Message to SamuraijackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Welcome to PFF! Thanks for sharing your story and introducing yourself. A little more advanced, but I'll ask anyway.... Any pictures? Since you said you have been lurking then you know you are in good company here.

I will snap some shots after work tomorrow, and I must say R Runner your build inspired me to keep my car as long as possible and never stop dreaming.

for now some night shots...

[This message has been edited by Samuraijack (edited 11-06-2010).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum ! Thanks for the "Opener", these damn little cars kinda get your addiction going !

------------------

Car History: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Samuraijack:

I will snap some shots after work tomorrow, and I must say R Runner your build inspired me to keep my car as long as possible and never stop dreaming.

Nice looking car from the inside!

Can't wait to see it on the outside.

I think R Runner has inspired MANY Fiero builds His "Fiero" is truly spectacular.

FallenShadow 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FallenShadow 2m4Send a Private Message to FallenShadow 2m4Direct Link to This Post
all i can say is wow!!!... your interior is amazing and the exact oposite of mine... lol

welcome to the forum.. and i lurked a lot to before i joined and was posting and reading the forums for about a year before i bought my first one... 3 days ago lol
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Welcome aboard....

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
(r.i.p.)
" SmoothGT-'w8c' ".....
rough est. date 04/02/2011.....
1999 Lexus SC400

Samuraijack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamuraijackSend a Private Message to SamuraijackDirect Link to This Post

snapped a quick shot after work here you go.
PFF
System Bot
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Nice looking car - it needs a few inches taken off the top, if you know what I mean.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

That is one sick ride my man!
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! Awesome stereo and the car is very nice, love the stance !
Samuraijack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamuraijackSend a Private Message to SamuraijackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tbone42:

Nice looking car - it needs a few inches taken off the top, if you know what I mean.

thanks, and I do like the chop top look, but I am also needing to fit into the car, I am already a snug fit for height. i have already gone as far as i want for show, now it is onto the go phase of this relationship. wheels/brakes/engine
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
pretty sure he means your wing...
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Saskabusher!

sweeet car
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
that spoiler isn't my taste but that's one beautiful fiero. looks very clean and i like the color. welcome to pff.

------------------

aim- Fiero88GT12

Samuraijack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamuraijackSend a Private Message to SamuraijackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosaint:

pretty sure he means your wing...
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Saskabusher!

sweeet car

thanks, I raised the wing to get it out of my line of sight i could never see out the back window, its a bit high for external appearances i agree, but I can see now. I have thought alot since doing it of just taking it off completely still might, but I have only liked that on all black cars oddly enough.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Welcome!
Nice ride too.

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 GT 2.8L 4 speed
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock