Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tyler Shipman Memorial carshow July 23-25

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C
  

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version


Tyler Shipman Memorial carshow July 23-25 by 2.5
Started on: 06-01-2010 01:49 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: AWDimpreza-L on 07-26-2010 08:44 AM
2.5
Member
Posts: 42238
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Posted for those folks who may only post in Off Topic.
I am printing as many flyers as I can and bringing them with be whenever I go to a carshow to drop in the show cars windows. We can use as much help as we can get, if you can post flyers please do!

First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, July 23rd, 24th, and 25th in Frazee, MN.
All proceeds will be donated to the MeritCare Foundation, Roger Maris Cancer Center research.
$10 per show car entry donation

original post:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081162.html

Flyers:
Image is the "Web flyer", clicking the image will take you to the high-res version.


Printable PDF of the same flyer is here.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-01-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis
Member
Posts: 12200
From: Jordan, MN
Registered: Feb 2002


Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Actually, it may be better if you ask the show organizers if you can borrow the mic for about 10 minutes before trophies...

Also, do like I did, and wander around, you will find many owners standing next to their cars, or in conversation with other owners...

Take the time to tell them the story, even if it is edited for time..

When I stood in front of the crowd in Mora, MN and told them the story, people were awed when I said we did it in 23 hours.
I got applause from the crowd when I finished, and several people stopped me afterward and asked for more info.

Fierohoho even saw a group of guys with a map, they were planning the trip.
IP: Logged
2.5
Member
Posts: 42238
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Synthesis:

Actually, it may be better if you ask the show organizers if you can borrow the mic for about 10 minutes before trophies...

Also, do like I did, and wander around, you will find many owners standing next to their cars, or in conversation with other owners...

Take the time to tell them the story, even if it is edited for time..

When I stood in front of the crowd in Mora, MN and told them the story, people were awed when I said we did it in 23 hours.
I got applause from the crowd when I finished, and several people stopped me afterward and asked for more info.

Fierohoho even saw a group of guys with a map, they were planning the trip.


Excellent idea, I wish a wasn't shy of a mic!
IP: Logged
fastblack
Member
Posts: 3696
From: Riceville, IA
Registered: Nov 2003


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 2.5:


Excellent idea, I wish a wasn't shy of a mic!


Wish I could make it, I'd help you out. I LOVE hearing myself talk

On a more serious note, I shared this with a couple forums I am on and am planning on printing some off and giving them to my father-in-law. He's in the car restoration business and meets tons of new people everyday from all over.

Also, I haven't looked but is there a facebook page on this event? If not, there really should be, that would really help get the word out.
IP: Logged
Xerces_Blackthorne
Member
Posts: 6163
From: Mertztown PA
Registered: Mar 2008


Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneClick Here to Email Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Sadly I probably won't be able to make it My VR4 won't be done by that time, and the Escort I just bought probably wouldn't make it that far. And I need to replace the cracked exhaust manifold on the Escort before I even consider a trip like that, not to mention a CV axle and a tie rod end. But for a $600 car thats netting me about 40mpg, who can argue
IP: Logged
2.5
Member
Posts: 42238
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by fastblack:


Also, I haven't looked but is there a facebook page on this event? If not, there really should be, that would really help get the word out.


Another good idea, Synthesis may know of there is or will be one!?
IP: Logged
Rallaster
Member
Posts: 9105
From: Indy southside, IN
Registered: Jul 2009


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I will do my best to make it, but work, school and money must all coincide and be in agreement for me to make it.
IP: Logged
2.5
Member
Posts: 42238
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Synthesis:

Actually, it may be better if you ask the show organizers if you can borrow the mic for about 10 minutes before trophies...
Also, do like I did, and wander around, you will find many owners standing next to their cars, or in conversation with other owners...

Take the time to tell them the story, even if it is edited for time..
When I stood in front of the crowd in Mora, MN and told them the story, people were awed when I said we did it in 23 hours. I got applause from the crowd when I finished, and several people stopped me afterward and asked for more info.

.


I thought of something for folks who can't work up the courage to grab a mic. I took the flyers I had already printed out, and put them back in my printer and on the back of each one I printed some of Tylers story. Some of the news article pieces including the build, why it was done, and about Tyler (from the funeral notice) and a picture of him.
this was included...

"Tyler was a very active young man who loved life. His favorite hobbies were snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, riding his ATV, and hanging out with his friends. One of his favorite past-times was fishing with his dad and brother Carter. He also worked very hard with his dad building up their business, Shipman's Tree Service. Tyler loved cars, especially Pontiac Fieros, and was fortunate enough to see his pride and joy fixed up to pristine condition in the last months of his life. He smiled a lot, laughed a lot and was a blessing to those who knew him well. His life was made better by the friends and family who surrounded him, and we will be forever changed for having Tyler as a part of our lives."
IP: Logged
Synthesis
Member
Posts: 12200
From: Jordan, MN
Registered: Feb 2002


Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 2.5:


I thought of something for folks who can't work up the courage to grab a mic. I took the flyers I had already printed out, and put them back in my printer and on the back of each one I printed some of Tylers story. Some of the news article pieces including the build, why it was done, and about Tyler (from the funeral notice) and a picture of him.
this was included...

"Tyler was a very active young man who loved life. His favorite hobbies were snowmobiling, fishing, hunting, riding his ATV, and hanging out with his friends. One of his favorite past-times was fishing with his dad and brother Carter. He also worked very hard with his dad building up their business, Shipman's Tree Service. Tyler loved cars, especially Pontiac Fieros, and was fortunate enough to see his pride and joy fixed up to pristine condition in the last months of his life. He smiled a lot, laughed a lot and was a blessing to those who knew him well. His life was made better by the friends and family who surrounded him, and we will be forever changed for having Tyler as a part of our lives."


That is a GREAT idea.
Nicely done!
Can you scan the back, or provide a Word Doc/PDF of what you put back there?
IP: Logged
2.5
Member
Posts: 42238
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I totally can, will have to do it tonight when I get home.
IP: Logged
Synthesis
Member
Posts: 12200
From: Jordan, MN
Registered: Feb 2002


Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I borrowed your idea.. This is what I drew up.

http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideA.doc
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideB.doc
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideb2.doc
Added Jason's... Use Either/Or.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 06-02-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2.5
Member
Posts: 42238
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

I knew you couldn't wait. heh

Since I don't know how to post a word doc I emailed mine to you. It is similar. I like yours too. If you want you can post it here or change anything you like on it too.
IP: Logged
Synthesis
Member
Posts: 12200
From: Jordan, MN
Registered: Feb 2002


Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by 2.5:


I knew you couldn't wait. heh

Since I don't know how to post a word doc I emailed mine to you. It is similar. I like yours too. If you want you can post it here or change anything you like on it too.


Actually, yours is REAL nice.

I like! I did make some minor changes to it because it looks like you cut/pasted and missed a line or two..
I will use yours for this, if that is OK.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 06-02-2010).]

IP: Logged
2.5
Member
Posts: 42238
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
 
quote
Originally posted by Synthesis:

I will use yours for this, if that is OK.



Totally cool.
I noticed you added it above, thanks!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-02-2010).]

IP: Logged
2.5
Member
Posts: 42238
From: Southern MN
Registered: May 2007


Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
A big thanks to whoever put the memorial carshow on the Tylerstoy.com site!

http://www.tylerstoy.com/
IP: Logged
Ramsespride
Member
Posts: 1979
From: Where i am is where i am.
Registered: Feb 2010


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
Cool it starts on my Bday! sadly tho i wont be able to attend
IP: Logged
Cliff Pennock
Administrator
Posts: 10944
From: Haarlem, The Netherlands
Registered: Jan 99


Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback





Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageClick Here to Email Cliff PennockSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Even though this is for a good cause, please don't cross-post.
IP: Logged
AWDimpreza-L
Member
Posts: 130
From: Minnesota
Registered: Jul 2010


Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LClick Here to Email AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
It was a great time! Didnt get to hang out much past 1, I'll post some pics soon.

------------------
84 2m4 72 whp 108 wtq, stock.

IP: Logged



All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C
  

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay



Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock