Just stuff by 87V6GT
Started on: 06-21-2010 08:36 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: 87V6GT on 06-24-2010 10:42 AM
87V6GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87V6GTClick Here to visit 87V6GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87V6GTDirect Link to This Post
Well I worked on some head light motors. Trying to get a pair to work. But I may have to get some new relays. I think that might be the trouble with them not working. I will change them out tomorrow and see what happens. An on going project restoring a 86 GT.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boonch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
headlight motors arnt workin on my 85gt either, not so sure its the relays tho, nothing seems to get power except for the headlights themselves, if the relays dont work check the switch
good luck

---Tim---
thumper_64735

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
Check your relays using buddycraig's method. If the relays check good, then check your limit switches. Mine were not working, and thats what it turned out to be. Just a suggestion.

Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lUT_c-0vuk

[This message has been edited by thumper_64735 (edited 06-22-2010).]

87V6GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87V6GTClick Here to visit 87V6GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87V6GTDirect Link to This Post

Like I said that I was going to retry and see if I had fixed the motors. So I pluded in the right light blue wire and the light wented down, hit bottom and just spun on.So I disconnected the blue wire and was going to replace the motor,but I got to thinking,what if I moved the arm at the nut 180 de. So I did and replaced the assembly and retryed it again. Guess What, everything worked,left and right,up and down with no problem. Sweet!!!
So I guess if you rebuild the motors WITH a striped gear,just set the arm on the gear, put in new bumpers, set it back up at a diferent place on the gear. If the mortor runs on eather up or down,set the arm (with the nut) 180 de. and see what happens. It worked for me. \
This should be in tec. I know.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock