How do I post pictures from my iPhone? by slowGT
Started on: 06-20-2010 11:12 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: Vendetta on 06-25-2010 09:34 PM
slowGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slowGTClick Here to Email slowGTSend a Private Message to slowGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to post pics from my iPhone can someone help me with this? Thanks guys.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTClick Here to Email CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
I email the photo to my computer, then post it that way. The iPhone converts the photo to a 640 x 480 format, making it easy to post.

You can use the icon located at the bottom on the page.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 06-20-2010).]

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
easier way sign up to dropbox ( i'll sned you a link so you get more free storage ) download the app. you can upload pics to drop box and then post em on here by doing ( w/o quotes ) ''[img]type_img_url_here_[/img] '' and boom its posted.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i just sent you an email. look for dropbox.com in your inbox or spam.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
From iPhone download photobucket app. Take pic with phone open app download pic.
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Daredevil05

2345 posts
Member since Oct 2006
From iPhone download photobucket app. Take pic with phone open app download pic. Upload media using existing pic. Go to album click on pic and then click on the little i in the circle. Click on image code, copy image and then paste it to your post.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 06-21-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
need not bother there is not a worse photo taking device on the market the pictures are terrible.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

need not bother there is not a worse photo taking device on the market the pictures are terrible.

? pics on the iphone are superb. when it gets dark that's one thing..but new one has flash so thats solved. Here is an example.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

WTF are you talking about?

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 06-21-2010).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 450
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

From iPhone download photobucket app. Take pic with phone open app download pic.

x2 couldnt be easier.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Australia has some nice camera phones. Most of their phones are 5MP+. The iPhone is mediocre in regards to it's camera. The photobucket app is the easiest way to upload them though.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 06-22-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The iPhone camera is not the best in the world, but it's far from crap.

The 3Gs takes decent snap shots and the iPhone 4 will have a 5MP camera. I haven't downloaded the photobucket app yet, but it's a good idea.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
just an fyi, unless you're a graphic artist anything over 2mps is over kill in reality.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

just an fyi, unless you're a graphic artist anything over 2mps is over kill in reality.

Mostly true. However, the best thing about huge megapixel shots is that years later if you see something in the background that interests you, then you can zoom in and check it out.

Like if you had a gigapixel camera you could do this a lot easier:

http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/gigapixel.htm

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

I have to TOTALLY disagree.... I took this photo last week with my iPhone 3Gs. the camera on the 3Gs is far superior to the one on the 2g/3g models. It has auto focus, and you can focus on any area in view by tapping that area of the screen. I am a photographer, and sure, it is no replacement for a SLR camera, but it is a great camera that you can have with you at all times. Low light is another story, and it plagues EVERY camera phone due to the very very tiny lens / aperture size.

This is an un re-touched iPhone 3Gs photo, and would easily print out as a nice high quality 8 x 10. Notice that the subject is in perfect focus, and the background is blurred, much like manually setting a SLR camera and forcing a wide aperture.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-24-2010).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikClick Here to Email ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Today, I pick up my Iphone 4 which has a 5 megapixel camera and a hi definition video cam ..I'm sooo looking forward to great pics with this latest version. Even so, my 3GS has a 3 megapixel cam which takes very nice pictures and it has a great video cam as well

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 06-24-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I will agree the images are a lot better than what i have seen and yes it has been a lighting issue each time. As mentioned most phones available in Australia are very good and marketed for taking pictures the iphone has been publicly complained about and my sister and mate influenced my opinion. Did you know itunes automatically compresses all photos even transfered to the iphone there is no practical way to get pictures onto your phone of 100% quality. All that said some decent pics here seems i offended a few owners oh well for the record my 3g nokia is just as crap for pics.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4503 posts
Member since Sep 2004
To answer your original question the simplest and easiest way is to bluetooth it to your pc as you only need to righ click to recieve a file on your mouse. If you have a cable you could use explorer to drag and drop but does require some pc knowledge. If you do not have bluetooth on your pc jump on ebay i got a usb one for $4 including delivery they are like $50 in the shops.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

All that said some decent pics here seems i offended a few owners oh well for the record my 3g nokia is just as crap for pics.

No offense taken mate, I didn't make the phone Just pointing out the really improved the camera from 3G to 3Gs...

When someone gets a iPhone4, please post a picture in here, I bet it is another nice leap ahead for the camera on the iPhone....
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I hate iTunes as much as the next person, but when I plug in my iPhone my PC gives me the option to load the pics directly without going through iTunes.

I agree that the 3GS takes decent enough pictures for what it is. Unless Apple completely messed up, the iPhone 4 has to be better.
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinClick Here to Email kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Still doen't work Maybe I should ask my 10 year old. Grrr...I am an educated guy in many areas of business management and sales, but I must be pressing the wrong button or something....? Is there a YouTube video I can learn from?

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 06-24-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikClick Here to Email ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I hate iTunes as much as the next person, but when I plug in my iPhone my PC gives me the option to load the pics directly without going through iTunes.

I just go into "mycomputer" and click on the apple iphone drive and extract them.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
lol easiest way is dropbox

photobucket is gimp, resiszes pics etc.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
For ease of use Flicker app is also great. You open the app, choose pictures, or take them on the spot and directly upload them to your Flickr account. From there you can grab them on your PC ect. I use it to take pictures of the car outside, and send right to flicker when I am in a hurry. When I come in there they are ready to download and do whatever with.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

When someone gets a iPhone4, please post a picture in here, I bet it is another nice leap ahead for the camera on the iPhone....

You are correct. I can't post a picture but I was playing with an iPhone4 today and it's camera is at least 10X better than the already decent 3GS. It was more light sensitive and the amount of detail in the pics is unbelievable for a camera phone.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikClick Here to Email ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You are correct. I can't post a picture but I was playing with an iPhone4 today and it's camera is at least 10X better than the already decent 3GS. It was more light sensitive and the amount of detail in the pics is unbelievable for a camera phone.

I agree it's simply amazing ..I have been playing with mine all evening ..iphone4 that is

The built in flash is extremely bright and does a great job in dark situations

This phone beats them all IMO ..once again Apple leads the way ...lol

the video is very high def and is great for in car action with great sound as well ..

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 06-25-2010).]

Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaClick Here to Email VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Here is an example from an iphone 4.

Austin

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock