Decal on 87 GT by AUFiero
Started on: 06-20-2010 02:40 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: AUFiero on 06-23-2010 04:38 PM
AUFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AUFieroSend a Private Message to AUFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone. I'v been reading this forum for repair advice since I bought a 5 speed 87 GT about three years ago. Until now, searching the archives has answered all of my questions but I think I have one that hasn't been covered.

Question: My original paint GT has stickers that wrap around the entire car and transition with a dot matrix from the gray ground effects to the medium red paint. I am guessing it was a dealer applied option even though it is not listed on the car's original window sticker. Does anyone have any information about these graphics, and after I repaint the car within the next few months is it possible to replace the them?

Just for fun, here's a picture the current Fiero collection. We still need at least one more: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/052444.html

Thanks in advance for any information. This forum has been invaluable already.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Those decals were not applied by the factory.

Dealer or an owner must have applied them.

Welcome to the forum.

------------------

Click here for more photos of 87 or photos of 88

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Those are 80's decals take a look at some of the 2010 decal options eg http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...gename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
Decals like those came on some Trans Ams in 86 so I bet they liked them and applied a set like them to your car. If you don't mind them being exactly like them look up Year One for thier 80's model Trans Am sticker sets. I am sure they have them.

Shelby
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Dealers do this stuff to add nice curb appeal to a car when its new. usualy on a leftover model that there having trouble selling now days they will send it to a shop and get some kind of decal put on it maby a set of Rims upgrade the radio... its just stuff to tack onto the sticker. usualy it wont come with all the stuff listed on the window sticker because it was added after delivery.

Its a lot like the concept to the indy. The door stickers came with the car on delivery but it was up to the dealership if they wanted to put them on it or not.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-21-2010).]

AUFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AUFieroSend a Private Message to AUFieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to find identical replacement decals, but maybe this from Phoenix Graphics could be modified to fit or I could find someone to create custom decals.

[This message has been edited by AUFiero (edited 06-23-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock