Started on: 06-19-2010 04:43 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Khw on 06-19-2010 08:42 PM
Rallaster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I have a lead on a complete 3.1L Intercooled Turbo LG5 Engine.

http://www.v6z24.com/specs/31turbo

If I'm reading this right, it uses the same block as the 2.8, which means it has the same bell housing and motor mount locations. If that's right, it's more or less a simple bolt up onto the cradle and either of the 5 speed trannys or the 4 speed tranny, amiright? The only real issue is going to be plumbing for the turbo and getting the exhaust routed. What other issues would I be looking at if I get this motor? Am I correct with this, or am I out of line with this thinking?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I'm going to guess that the lack of response is a clue to take this to the tech discussions forum...

------------------
Pennock's Official Thread Killer

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
What is the power output of that engine? Is the block more "beefy" concidering it's a turbo? May be a nice swap if there is any aftermarket or mods to boost the boost a little.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
According to the article I posted in the first post, it's stock like that, only made for 2 years (89-90) and put in the Grand Prix GTP's. It's rating the HP at 205 and torque at 225. Iron block, aluminum heads.. yada yada.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
That looks like the McLaren Turbo V6. I've seen a few swaps posted on here with it. Let me search and see what I find. As I remember it does bolt right up but I'm sure the threads will answer that.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078457.html
and
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/102091.html
are the 2 threads I remember.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-19-2010).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
There's a member on here with an orange bumper pad notchback that runs that drivetrain. Apologies to the member but I can't remember who it is.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

There's a member on here with an orange bumper pad notchback that runs that drivetrain. Apologies to the member but I can't remember who it is.

Mr_jacob7

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock