Short car 1, Supository 0 by starlightcoupe
Started on: 06-19-2010 02:11 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: vrossiter on 06-20-2010 12:33 AM
starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
This morning on the way to town, some guy was driving erratically and no one passed him on the right because we were getting close to the freeway. At the first light, a late model ricer pulled up beside the guy and he left the ricer behind to the next light and the ricer obediently got behind the jerk. It is a short light and I didn't want to get caught behind him and four other cars, so I pulled next to him in the right lane and I looked over to see the guy was driving a white Dodge something-or-other that resembles a cross between a station wagon and a supository. It had a V8 with loud exhaust and the rumbling almost drowned out my 3800SC. Until this morning, I have never put my foot to the floor in my little notchie but I knew that I might be able to not get beaten too badly because I still have fast reflexes. In about 1/8 mile, the road narrows to a single lane to get on the freeway and I was at least a carlength and a half ahead of him. He FLEW by me on the freeway but who cares? Score: Short Car 1, Supository 0. Some day I have to grow up but I haven't had this much fun since I sold my '68 Corvette.

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 06-19-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosClick Here to Email thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
haha u toasted a dodge magnum POS...nice...
Gandalf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GandalfSend a Private Message to GandalfDirect Link to This Post
If it was an SRT-8, its the 6.1 HEMI with 425bhp - BUT weighs probably close double what the fiero does!
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterClick Here to Email vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's funny!! I had a similar experience with a gray Magnum this morning! Riding my rear bumper as I was trying to go the speed limit and blipping the throttle. Into 2nd and WOT and I love my new 3800. This thing is crazy fast, it didn't take long for the Magnum to look really, really small! He went past me as I was turning at the next light and revved and what not, but I was already done.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I thought Dodge had the 318 or 340. I know the hemi is a great engine.

I knew that if he got to the single lane before me that I could still get behind him and beat the other cars and not get caught at that long light. When I floor boarded it, my garage door opener flew off the console into the passenger seat and my sun visor fell down. (it's loose) Mike Gonzalez did a manual conversion before my 3800SC/4t65e HD and that Fiero was the first one I rode in with that kind of acceleration from a standstill. Until today, I never had the need to move out that fast. Amazing. I can't tell my wife or daughter though or I'll never live it down.
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterClick Here to Email vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
Amazing is an undertatement! If yours is anything like mine, it's flat out nasty at WOT. Mine is very subdued in normal driving, but when the foot slips, watch out.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock