possibly selling my sub box by 86GTBen
Started on: 06-18-2010 09:23 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: 86GTBen on 06-23-2010 01:30 AM
86GTBen

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBenSend a Private Message to 86GTBenDirect Link to This Post
im thinking about re doing my sub enclusure. im hoping to redo my interior and possibly making a different enclusure. im wondering what price range i could ask for. it fits a 12" sub with about 9 inches of mounting depth and is around 1.5 CuFt^3. the speaker pods hold a stangard round 6 inch speaker

the build pics for the enclosure are in this thread
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/101697.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Westy

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Is it fully enclosed, or is it just a shell?
fierogt17

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt17Send a Private Message to fierogt17Direct Link to This Post
that's really awesome! I want it
86GTBen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBenSend a Private Message to 86GTBenDirect Link to This Post
fully enclosed. you have to pull the seats out to get it in and also remove the seatbelt brackets.
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
If she's fully enclosed and airtight you should be able to get a decent amount for it. I personally like the concept althougth I would prefer the 12" slim mount sub which would keep close to the same depth as the factory glove box deal. I'd say you could probably get $200 easily, possibly up to $300+/- depending on the interest on the forum. Got a fairly unique piece of work there, did you build it? Let me know if you even decided to make a slimmer one. :P
86GTBen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBenSend a Private Message to 86GTBenDirect Link to This Post
yup built it myself. and it woldnt be too hard to build it with a shallower subwoofer. this is the bad boy i have in there now 12" Fi Q series. i think it weighs 20 some pounds

Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
Overall I think it's a really good piece. I wouldn't think you would have a terrible time selling it. What are you hoping to get out of it?
86GTBen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBenSend a Private Message to 86GTBenDirect Link to This Post
im still on the fence about selling it or not. i wouldnt sell it for under 300. the materials were the cheap part. ALOT of time went into it.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
bastard...lol, i wanted to be the first with Fi in my fiero.... how does it hit loaded with the Q? if it sounds nice, you may have an interested party....

seeing you said you WILL NOT go under $300 seriously killed my interest in buying it lol. might try to make something similar tho. i think its a nice idea and great starting point. i would have it all be more stealth tho. im paranoid of someone stealing my stuff :P

[This message has been edited by faaaaq (edited 06-20-2010).]

86GTBen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBenSend a Private Message to 86GTBenDirect Link to This Post
the FIQ sub pounds hard but still is a very clean sounding sub. i love it. when i first saw the FI price tag i was kinda turned off but i was really glad i went with it. worth it
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
For as good as fi is, I think the price is very reasonable. Would you happen to have, or be able to get, a video of it running in your car?
PFF
System Bot
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post
So would you be selling the speakers with the box, or just the box?
86GTBen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBenSend a Private Message to 86GTBenDirect Link to This Post
the speakers i could possibly sell with the box. the sub stays with me lol. cant get a video of it. i had two amps from a previous setup in my other car and i used the amp that was on its last legs. i havent had a chance to switch the amps out. Cadence Z700 series. 1500 rms at a 1 ohm load. i used to have them hooked up to my RE SX 18"s. im hoping to finally get off my ass and hook it up again
86GTBen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBenSend a Private Message to 86GTBenDirect Link to This Post
ive got the 3800SC bug and ive got it bad. if anyone wants to trade certain parts for the swap i would be up for that. im sure it could be a deal for someone out there.

im looking for

engine and trans mounts
clutch
flywheel( already machined)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock