I need help with a motor swap. in PA by Ruffy
Started on: 06-18-2010 01:18 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Ruffy on 06-19-2010 01:02 AM
Ruffy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
Hello all. Well i dont know if anyone is around my area and has the time but i will need help to get my baby running again. my main daily driver needs to much $ to get it inspected. i need help pulling the motor out of a beretta and putting it into my fiero so i have a car to get to work. if anyone is willing to help please post.
if money is needed im going to have to hold off for a while. i will be starting my new job the 28th. my old job drained me of time in my life and had me living pay check to pay check. so till i get my bills back up after starting my new job then i will have money. but if someone out there would like to kick back and have fun helping me out i would be very greatfull!!!!! i have all the tools and the fiero is in my garage with a paved floor. but room is kind of tight on the sides due to a 5 car garage filled with classic cars. i will be open this weekend till next week.

pulling motor out of beretta
pulling motor out of fiero
pulling 4 speed off fiero motor and putting it on beretta motor (because i have no $ for cables for the 5 speed)
putting the beretta motor into the fiero
brain box out of beretta into fiero (not a big deal just yet unless you know how to do it)

thats about all i really need. i know its asking alot for free help but i am broke as heck and really need the help. i live in a small town called jersey shore PA 17740.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
You're over 200 miles away from me. Sorry. =[ Good luck though!
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
if you were slightly closer i would do you that favor in a sec .........and i would take that 5 speed off your hands

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

if you were slightly closer i would do you that favor in a sec .........and i would take that 5 speed off your hands

i do have that 5 speed
Jonviviano

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonvivianoSend a Private Message to JonvivianoDirect Link to This Post
If you lived closer i could help...also hard to do a swap on a $0 budget.
17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Does the fiero already have a 2.8 in it? Getting another fiero engine would probably make more sense than trying to adapt the Beretta engine, didn't know that they were a direct swap. What else does the car need?
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
They aren't direct swaps. You either need to use the fiero heads, intake, distributor etc on the Beretta block or convert the engine to run the 7730 and DIS
Talonzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TalonzzSend a Private Message to TalonzzDirect Link to This Post
I have a brother that lives up there, would like to help but I am currently stuck in AZ

------------------

Lee

Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
yes the fiero has the motor still in it. as for a direct swap i do have to swap the computers out to make this motor work. i bought the beretta complete and know the history of it and aolso know there is fewer the 10,000 miles on it plus it has many many goodies in it. also i got it for a really good price. so i plan on doing a complete swap. no head,intake or any of that changes at all. im sure if people can put a v8 or even a 3.8 motor in a fiero im sure this swap wouldnt be much differant but at the same time much much easier then the 3.8 or v8 due to a bolt right up. for what ive read all i need is a computer change? if im wrong please tell me before i make a huge mistake!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock