Started on: 06-17-2010 11:36 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Oreif on 06-18-2010 08:13 AM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
I've seen these on ebay for a while now, and finally bought one, for 1986. It contains service bulletins not only for 86 models, but others going back a ways, like one for the 84. They cover the entire Pontiac line, and the book itself is just as thick as the factory service manuals.

LOTS of interestng info in them, too. Apparently, all 84-86 Fieros are supposed to have a heat shield installed on the TPS! This was the first time I'd ever seen or heard of this.

NOTICE:

1984-1986 FIERO MODELS WITH 2.5L L4 ENGINES MUST USE TPS SERVICE KIT, P/N 17078274, WITH THE HEAT SHIELD SERVICE KIT, P/N 17111750. THE ATTACHING SCREWS PROVIDED WITH THE HEAT SHIELD SERVICE KIT (HEX HEAD) MUST BE USED WITH THE REPLACEMENT TPS.

Whenever a new 300 Series TBI is purchased from WDDGM and it is not complete with the 17078274 (AC Logo) TPS and the stainless steel heat shield, it must be retro-fitted to include the service parts ddescribed in this bulletin.

And there's a picture of one. Never seen one before, but seems like a good idea, since it's right next to the EGR valve.

It would be nice to have all the Fiero-specific bulletins collected in one place, like a PDF file. Anyone know how far past 1988 the bulletins for Fieros were issued? Or is there a way to get them online somehow?

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 06-17-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
You can get a list from http://www.alldatadiy.com/recalls/index.html
Just pick the year (only back to 1982) and the vehicle model. It will give you the number and title of the bulletin for free.
You do have to join (and pay a fee) in order to view them, But if you have the number and title most dealerships will print them out for you for free.

Here is the 1988 V-6 Fiero listing:
http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/48/88481211.html

Here is the listing for the 4-cyl:
http://www.alldatadiy.com/TSB/48/88481210.html

The thing to remember is that they are still adding bulletins every year. This is because if they write a bulletin on refinishing aluminum wheels, Fiero's came with them so the new bulletin will be attached to it. The same bulletin will be listed on EVERY car that had aluminum wheels. So you need to read the titles and see which ones are specific to just the Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 06-18-2010).]

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock