Bike rack on there fiero? by ICCAMDFIERO
Started on: 06-17-2010 09:19 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: TG oreiF 8891 on 06-23-2010 11:02 PM
ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
So while at work today a guy pulled up with a white NSX with a bike rack on the back. All I could think about is WHY?! I would never put a bike rack on a little sports car. So I was wondering has anyone ever seen a bike rack on a Fiero? Funny thing about it is my buddy I work with told the guy "nice car". The guy responded with "watch my back". my buddy said "what about the car?", the guy said "they can take the car all I care abouts the bike".............. WHY???

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
I realllllllyyyy want to take that car.
Onefiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OnefieroSend a Private Message to OnefieroDirect Link to This Post
I have put a bike rack on my fiero. it makes it back heavy and handle badly lol
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ICCAMDFIERO: ...the guy said "they can take the car all I care abouts the bike".............. WHY???

Those bicycles are expensive. I can't tell the exact model, but I think it's somewhere in the $5-10 K range. Plus, the bike is more rare than the car that's carrying it.
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
I could be wrong[probable], but I think I read somewhere that Specialized builds carbon fiber bikes[light/extermely expensive]. Although it's probably not as expensive as the car, it's probably more difficult to repair or replace

------------------
88blackchopv8

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
shoulda taken the car and left the bike. he said he didnt care..
Xeps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XepsSend a Private Message to XepsDirect Link to This Post
Hahahaha
I was just on fierosails like 30 mins ago and saw this picture and chuckled,
odd that i saw this thread right after seeing this pic

http://www.martinwhite.name/fiero/hitch/index.html
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post
While I haven't put it on the Fiero yet, I admit I bought a hitch for the car and a bike rack for it. I just wanted to combine my summer activities. Why have to take the winter car to go bike riding in the summer when I can put a rack on the Fiero and take the summer car to do summer activities?

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
17" rims covering up 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles
2010 Secretary
Cleveland Fieros
Cleveland Fiero Club

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ICCAMDFIERO:

Nice bike. Not just carbon fiber, but high end carbon fiber it looks to me.
Wouldn't mind having the bike. The rack he can keep though, I like mine better.

Tina

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Yep several Fiero's with bike racks. Nigel's 86GT had a special bike rack and he loved it, drove his Fiero up to the Sea Wall in Stanly Park (Vancouver British Columbia) and would bike the entire Sea Wall. Its about a 30 min drive from here. If you have a Fiero and other interests, you can find good uses for Trailer Hitches. I tow a trailer behind my 88GT and my hitch also doubles as a bike rack receiver if I want to put bikes on the car.

To be honest I'd rather drive a sports car out to the park to go riding, then drive a minivan.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
To me that is like finding a very beautiful girl then putting an ugly tattoo across her breasts. If you can afford a car and bike like that, you can afford a a more suitable vehicle to pull it with. It happens every day.
PFF
System Bot
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
One man's junk is another man's treasure. I like selling Junk for lots of $$$$
TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

To me that is like finding a very beautiful girl then putting an ugly tattoo across her breasts. If you can afford a car and bike like that, you can afford a a more suitable vehicle to pull it with. It happens every day.

I can't afford a car like that, nor a bike like that... that's why I put my 15 year old Giant mountain bike on a bike rack on my 88GT.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock