Started on: 06-17-2010 08:13 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: josef644 on 06-20-2010 06:20 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Would someone who has a tan interior do me a favor and look to see which color they think matches better with the lighter part of a tan interior ? Mainly the light part of the console.
I think it is either the cream on the bottom of page 1 or the golden tan on page 2 on the link below.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

http://www.a1foamandfabrics...FD9-919965AF03B5A076

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Come on guys, nobody has an interior piece of a tan Fiero that they can just hold up to the computer screen and kind of get an idea of which color it matches. I`m not looking for an exact.
Once again, thanks
Mike
Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
I think there are two different tan interiors, might help if you say which your car is. I have a beechwood but I'm not near it now, I'll take a look when I get home. Also computer monitors are not very accurate at reproducing colors.
If I were you I'd see if I could order samples of the two you think look close.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Scott
I don`t have a tan car, that`s the problem.
I know it`s not Beechwood, as I have the color chosen for that one.
Lazy me, I meant to match colors when I went to the last Round-up but I didn`t get the tan one.
Mike
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Mike I have a tan interior, what part are you trying to match? It is an 88, but was converted to tan ,not beachwood, by a PO.

The rear console part that covers the ECM?

By the way you have the dash pod you can see in this photo.

Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-17-2010).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Joe, it`s the rear part of the console where it curves up to the glove box.
That`s the lighter color.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
On page 9 of my build I had posted this:

Originally posted by josef644:

Just a tip for everybody. I purchased two seat mechanism covers from The Fiero Store. They were the defects that needed drilling and spraying tan from the gray, to match my tan interior. I purchased this product at AutoZone:

In the image you can see the old broken cover beside the can. The left end has the spray on it . It appears to be the same exact color as the original was.
The rear label on the can:

And a pic of the cover in the light with no shadow:

Ya can't ask to get a better color match than this.

I took the cap and sprayed it with this. It is just about the same color as the 'rear console pad assembly'. It's called that in my Haynes Manual

Cream is about as close as you are gonna get.

I posted all of this so you can buy youself a can of this and do a comparison at home. This color was an EXACT match for the seat hinge covers that were on my car. It is very close to the same color and the rear console pad assembly.

I hope this all helps

Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-18-2010).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Joe.
I actually have a fabric sample board from that company and I should have matched the colors at the Roundup but I never got around to it.
I think I`m going to order some of the Cream material to try to use.
As soon as I get my upholstery machine I`m going to sew up a couple of those armrest/console pads that are on my other thread and see how they turn out.
I think I`m going to do the light grey with dark grey stitching and the Cream with brown stitching.
Mike
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I borrowed the use of an upholstery machine once to sew some leather together. It will pull the material threw real fast . Including the hand that is holding the pieces together. It will sew threw your finger nail. Use caution until you get accustomed to using it. We don't want to hear from your wife you had a nice French Stitch threw your finger nail. Almost got mine.

Joe
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I had an upholstery machine before.
A few years ago I used an old singer my mom had to do boat cushions, some Fiat bucket seats and various other upholstery items.
I just have to get used to it again.
Thanks for the thought, but if something happens it will be me reporting as I don`t have a significant other.
It keeps my options open when I catch the eye of some willing lady, when our band plays out in clubs.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Yea, I had an upholstery machine before.
A few years ago I used an old singer my mom had to do boat cushions, some Fiat bucket seats and various other upholstery items.
I just have to get used to it again.
Thanks for the thought, but if something happens it will be me reporting as I don`t have a significant other.
It keeps my options open when I catch the eye of some willing lady, when our band plays out in clubs.

Find one that can run the uphostery sewing machine for us all!
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock