Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  well guys a nice CL find I think I'll offer him!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

well guys a nice CL find I think I'll offer him! by IVANNATINKLE
Started on: 06-16-2010 08:40 AM
Replies: 24
Last post by: CrazyBernie on 06-16-2010 07:28 PM
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
alright guys i just wanted to share and ask what you though.. Please don't flame me for doing this but i miss my fiero lol I'm thinking of offering this guy for his I think its a nice find do you?
lol
http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1789962657.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
its even a T-top... ohh I'm so excited.... well do you guys think I should? I was going to go a different rout this time and go all out with an Lq4/ls1 Twin turbo on a held frame but an 88!! i could drop a built 3.8 in on the Get reg and be happy as i ever was in my old one... ohh

[This message has been edited by IVANNATINKLE (edited 06-16-2010).]

Formula Owner

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerDirect Link to This Post
Unless it's a total rust bucket, I say go for it. A T-top Formula for $500? What are you waiting for?
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
his response and my next check lol.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post

IVANNATINKLE

913 posts
Member since Jun 2009
I'll be honest If its in good condition for that price.... not exactly what I'm looking for but so rare I wont do what i want to it because well that would be butchery lol
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I think I would have bought it first and then put pics of it on Pennocks.
You better jump on it now.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
lol I'm waiting on an Email back I figure worse comes to worse someone snags it and i get a little bit upset nothing big.
SlowGuitarMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManDirect Link to This Post
It's a good thing that it's 600 miles away from me, or I'd have snagged that right up.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
i hate to burst your bubble BUT i replied to that add about an hour after it was posted on Sunday telling him SOLD site unseen and i'd pick it up this Saturday. Only thing is there's no phone number and i haven't gotten a responce. I've got family about an hour away from that area and they are trying to track down the junk yard it's at. Hopefully for once in my life my luck will be good and i'll get this car.... I am worried about the rust rot issue as growing up in ME & MA i know how they love to dump salt on the roads....but figured for 500 it was worth the gamble....sorry.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 06-16-2010).]

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

DLCLK87GT

2694 posts
Member since Feb 2009
woops, double post.

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
dam. I'll still wait for a reply but maybe hes busy? idk lol
PFF
System Bot
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post

IVANNATINKLE

913 posts
Member since Jun 2009
hopefully If either of us get it.. its in decent shape but your right for 500... its worth a risk
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
well, having relatives in that area i can say there are some interesting people living up there in the mountains. I don't think it's a scam like i see down this way but more like the person who posted it isn't on a computer all day and isn't checking the replies, didn't think about the no contact info when they posted or (the least favorite of my "why hasn't he replied") somebody else jumped on it before i did, it's sold and they didn't pull down the add. My luck for this type of thing is usually bad. I find great deals but think about it for that extra minute and then when i say YES it's 30 seconds too late... or on the flip side, if i just say yes, it's usually a POS.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
lol i usually have in between luck when i jump the gun i get ****ed when i wait it works out and today i jumped the gun.. so odds are lol
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm.... Very interesting
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
So anyway, the moral of the story is; back off, I saw it first!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

sorry to burst everyone's bubble, ...but i replied to this two hours BEFORE he posted it !!

LMAO,......just kidding. Good luck, seems like a great find. Definatly worth the risk for the t-top alone.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

So anyway, the moral of the story is; back off, I saw it first!

Oppps, sorry... Too late... Its sitting in my shop as I type this...
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

ALJR

3765 posts
Member since Jul 2009
Hehehe... Joking

Hard enough finding parts for my 88gt; would hate to add T-Tops to the equatsion...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 06-16-2010).]

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
SAAAWEEEEET! Just got off the phone with the owner and I GOT IT!!!! YEE HAAA, i'm very excited! hehehe, feel like a little kid on Christmas....that can only mean it's a piece of SH!T HA!
It does sound rough though. While on the phone i had him pull the trunk carpet and it's rusty at the usual corner seam spots but he said "not to bad". I'm interested in what it looks like over the rear wheels. Guess i'll find out Saturday. Oh man, my wife is going to kill me.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
lol you better go get it before i get my jeep back.. a trip with a tow dolly might be in order nice find.
PFF
System Bot
CrazyBernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBernieSend a Private Message to CrazyBernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

SAAAWEEEEET! Just got off the phone with the owner and I GOT IT!!!! YEE HAAA, i'm very excited! hehehe, feel like a little kid on Christmas....that can only mean it's a piece of SH!T HA!
It does sound rough though. While on the phone i had him pull the trunk carpet and it's rusty at the usual corner seam spots but he said "not to bad". I'm interested in what it looks like over the rear wheels. Guess i'll find out Saturday. Oh man, my wife is going to kill me.

Careful, not too bad for a New Hampshire-ite might mean something totally different for you... especially where he's a salvage yard operator. ^_^ I'm really surprised that he posted it for that cheap... he should know how much it's worth in parts alone. I've been to more than a couple of NH salvage yards (lived in NH for 10 years) and they usually try to rake you over the coals for a whole vehicle.
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Well hopefully it's exactly what i have been looking for, something to drive while tinkering on.....especially since i already paid for it AND it's 300 miles from here. I'll find out Saturday and post a "guess what i got" when i get it home. I'm planning on the worst, hoping for the best. The guy did mention some junk..err ...rust in the trunk, but "not to bad". hopefully its "not to bad" for NJ standards and not the feared "not to bad" for NH ..HA! As stated before, i've got inlaws up there and well...interesting people up that way...and you should see what they consider road worthy! We will see, wish me luck! ......Please i need some good juju on this one. Happy Fathers day to me (says my wife)

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
well good luck I'm glad one of us fiero guys got it and not someone not knowing what they got. congrats man!
CrazyBernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBernieSend a Private Message to CrazyBernieDirect Link to This Post
Actually, if it's NH State inspectable... you wouldn't be too bad off... they're generally pretty strict about that. If there's too much rust... won't pass. Tires too worn... won't pass. Anything that would make it dangerous to drive will fail the inspection... mechanical or otherwise. Might be worth the while to contact a local mechanic up there and pay for an "inspection."

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock