Started on: 06-13-2010 01:30 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: rogergarrison on 06-15-2010 08:57 AM
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Being part of the UFO which has a group page on Yahoo, when I visit it comes up with Yahoo Answers topics at the bottom of the page. I'd like to say the ignorance is suprissing, but sadly it's not.

This question was answered with:

Stay away from it. I had a Fiero for a year, and got tired of working on it. Most that I have seen are beat up and wore out, not to mention they are an absolute pain to work on. What do you plan on doing with the car? If you plan on driving it on weekends, they are incredibly fun to drive.. especially with the T-Tops or Targa Top off. Unless you plan on having a project car that will constantly require minor things fixed, leave it alone. The fact that it doesn't have a title should be a huge turn off, especially when it needs a new ignition switch or lock cylinder. There is a reason you no longer see them on the road...

Keep in mind that they are the most unsafe car Pontiac ever designed, and have a tendency to catch on fire/explode upon rear impact. They are uncomfortable, the top will leak, windows/lights are common issues, chassis parts can be pricey, and look forward to power steering leaks.
Source(s):
Technician/Pontiac Enthusiast

Now granted I can agree buying a $300.00 Fiero that has a busted ignition, missing title and missing rear decklid key isn't a bright idea. I can agree the car is gonna need probably alot of work. But... Unsafe? Uncomfortable? Explode? Oh, and the power steering leaks just takes the cake.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
And this is comming from a "technition"....what a pro.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Whoa whoa. Our cars came with a factory targa? We've been jipped, I want my targa top. =P
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Wow. Who peed in his Wheaties?
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
He does has a valid point about them being a pain to work on.

Larry

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Wait a second... you guys mean to tell me all this time i have been removing my sunroof i could have been removing the whole roof?:wft: you guys are messed up seriousley... JK

And there must be somthing wrong with my power settering.. jk again
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
power settering.. jk again

???????
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

???????

power steering so sue me im at work and bored as hell.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

im at work.

????????

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 06-13-2010).]

faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

???????

lol....PK cant get no respect
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

lol....PK cant get no respect

Rick is my buddy. . But he does need a spell checker.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

????????

We really need a middle finger smily.

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Rick is my buddy. . But he does need a spell checker.

i know its all in good spirits lol. i just think its funny how seemingly EVERY post he makes someone give him hell for it. i saw one yesterday where nearly every other word was misspelled lol

remember PK, if Firefox/Chrome shows a red line under it, that means it wrong lol

i finally had to get the Flourescent keyboard stickers from ThinkGeek so i could see my keyboard at night and not make too many mistakes like that lol
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

power steering so sue me im at work and bored as hell.

Say what?????!!!!!! You're where? By "at work", do you mean you are applying for this round of unemployment benefits????
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Did he say at work? jk pk
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
The guys just stupid. Claims to be a Pontiac Tech. Doesnt know there never has been a targa top, and why would they catch fire if hit from the rear. There is nothing flamable in the back unless your carrying gas home for the lawnmower. (I suppose he does know the gas tank is in the middle). I hope hed post what dealer he works for so Id be sure to stay at least a mile away from it. He looks like a geek that wouldnt know a spark plug from a fuel injector too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock