Thanks to the Ogre! by donnie072003
Started on: 06-12-2010 08:54 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Erik on 06-14-2010 04:43 AM
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Just a quick note to thank the Ogre. Using his site I was able to troubleshoot the headlight issues I was having with the car I got my daughter. Turned out to be a bad contact in headlight switch. Now if I can just get the passenger side light to quit hanging up and stopping before it gets all the way up! Installed Rodneys bushings in the motors this morning and both came up but would not go back down. Thanks again Ogre as always a big help.

------------------

Sad to say this is the best looking part of the car so far!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080998.html

Donnie

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
The oger is a really really nice guy. I'v met him a few times in person and only lives about 30 min from me.. really knolageable guy and a really nice guy to. he is a great contribhuter to the fiero world.
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Absolutely, I ususally look on his site before I ask too many dumb questions! lol

------------------

Sad to say this is the best looking part of the car so far!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080998.html

Donnie

SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
I have to agree big time!!! I have used info from his site constantly!!!! If the motor goes up and not down check the limit switch behind the little cover on thw bad motor, you should see it mechanically ( and hear it) move across and switch the polarity of the motor as it reaches full up. They get corroded and dont make contact. Mine didnt go up or down it was so bad yet I had the proper voltages at the relays and at the motor. I cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner and put some dielectic grease on the contacts and also on the armature of the motor. ( not a lot, little bit goes a long way) also resoldered the wire going to the contacts. Worked like new again!! Good luck, hope this helps.

------------------
If I only had ONE more part it will be finished...... famous last words.....

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Any self serving Fiero fanatic knows that the first place to look for great Fiero information is in the Ogre's Cave. Number 1 on my Favotires list.

Thanks Ogre for all you do!

Pat
thumper_64735

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
The Ogre's sight is awesome. On a side note, you might try changing out the limit switches. Took care of the problems with mine doing the same thing. Just a thought.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ogre!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock