I NEED A 4.9 RIDE by Old86
Started on: 06-12-2010 11:23 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Raydar on 06-12-2010 06:22 PM
Old86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Direct Link to This Post
this is a request... will be deciding factor in making this swap into my 86gt. anyone within 100-150 miles of danville va with this swap that would be willing to take me up on this... i'll come to you and pay your fuel cost for a couple of hours in the passenger seat..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Just hop into that Fiero and take a nice little trip to Fiero Factory. I've got one if you want to come to KY but, I'd highly advise you to take it on down to Toney, Alabama.

Ron
thumper_64735

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
I would like a ride in one myself. I have an 87 base that I have been planning a 4.9 swap for, but I've been doing more reading and looking at the 2.2 turbo, 3.1 turbo, 4.9, and a few others.....decisions decisions.
Old86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Blackrams but 450 miles is a bit too long. did the fiero factory do yours? that is where i am planning to take mine. they are almost 600 miles from me. if they did do yours i would like to talk to you by phone - would that be a problem? send me your number and i'll give you a call.
i have been in contact with jeremy about this but i would still like to speak to someone who had theirs done by them.
thanks
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
what's the engine availability like now? i've had a couple of sets of 4.9 mounts for a while but can't get off the ground with a swap. kind of afraid of the engines being too old and/or scarce before i get my chance.

[This message has been edited by Philphine (edited 06-12-2010).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old86:

Thanks Blackrams but 450 miles is a bit too long. did the fiero factory do yours? that is where i am planning to take mine. they are almost 600 miles from me. if they did do yours i would like to talk to you by phone - would that be a problem? send me your number and i'll give you a call.
i have been in contact with jeremy about this but i would still like to speak to someone who had theirs done by them.
thanks

Check your PMs

Ron
rdean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdeanSend a Private Message to rdeanDirect Link to This Post
Anybody in Florida who wants a ride it would be my pleasure?

Ray
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Factory did mine.

No major issues.
"Sturdy installation" is an understatement.
You could pick up the car by the engine and shake it until the wheels and all the body panels fell off, and the engine would still be solidly mounted to the cradle.

A word of advice... Spring for the front mounted battery box when you're getting the work done.
I cheaped out and chose to leave the battery in the stock position. It's in the way of doing much of anything to the front of the engine.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-12-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock