Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  any way to retrieve favorites after being B&?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

any way to retrieve favorites after being B&? by americasfuture2k
Started on: 06-07-2010 11:55 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 06-11-2010 01:51 AM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
just curious. i noticed my ( - )s and ( + )s are getting dangerously close to their limit... well the ( - )s and if i manage to offend more people, i want to be able to retrieve these for future use.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Iowa GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iowa GTSend a Private Message to Iowa GTDirect Link to This Post
Well you could go to each and one and save them to your browser.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i could, but i add so many a day... i guess its as easy as clicking the lil star on FF

------------------
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
I guess I am stupid or otherwise challenged but how do you retrieve ratings? I know there has to be a way to moderate or otherwise maintain law and order but I see the ratings as a kind of popularity contest. I am curious in a small way about my ratings. If I get banned, I will continue to read the Tech section because it has some great stuff there but I wouldn't lose sleep if banned. What little star were you refering to??
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Personally I think this is pointless as you are half and half... it takes more than that to be dangerous...
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by starlightcoupe:

I guess I am stupid or otherwise challenged but how do you retrieve ratings? I know there has to be a way to moderate or otherwise maintain law and order but I see the ratings as a kind of popularity contest. I am curious in a small way about my ratings. If I get banned, I will continue to read the Tech section because it has some great stuff there but I wouldn't lose sleep if banned. What little star were you refering to??

If enough people have rated you, then the total number and the little +/- graph with green/red bits shows up under your name next to your posts. If it's not there, you haven't pissed off or pleased enough people to get it.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

If enough people have rated you, then the total number and the little +/- graph with green/red bits shows up under your name next to your posts. If it's not there, you haven't pissed off or pleased enough people to get it.

Thanks dobey. Better to be ignored than rated or banned, I suppose. I lurked on this forum for about eight or nine months and only read the Tech info and joined when I met Mike Gonzalez. Frankly, I dislike Oklahoma because their Sooners usually beat my teams..LOL Hope I don't get banned for that remark.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I know there has to be a way to moderate or otherwise maintain law and order but I see the ratings as a kind of popularity contest.

This has been debated countless times, but the short answer is that the ratings system keeps out troublemakers who otherwise would just crap all over the place. I think it does it's job quite effectively.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
First one to say; do a SEARCH for what you are looking for. :P

OR you could just stop pissing people off.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

First one to say; do a SEARCH for what you are looking for. :P

OR you could just stop pissing people off.

lol

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

... I see the ratings as a kind of popularity contest.

... or you could see them as a form of democratic (small d) referendum. The PFF ratings system is generally quite effective at excommunicating troublemakers. Contrary to my first expectations, most PFFers seem to take rating other people pretty seriously and abuses of the system are relatively rare. Myself, I have rated people negatively for only three categories of anti-social forum behavior: 1) repeated verbal abuse of others and/or repeated use of profanity, 2) blatant, overt, and repeated expressions of bigotry and/or racism, and 3) repeatedly posting tech information that is incorrect and/or misleading and then reacting with aggressive hostility when corrected. Number 3 deserves further comment. I think it is potentially harmful to future PFFers if seriously wrong tech information is allowed to go uncorrected, or at least unchallenged. That said, I have seldom rated people I have disagreed with over a tech issue negatively ... only those who become abusive about it. I give most of my positive ratings for helpful and accurate tech contributions and/or for repeatedly being especially helpful to others.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 06-08-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

This has been debated countless times, but the short answer is that the ratings system keeps out troublemakers who otherwise would just crap all over the place. I think it does it's job quite effectively.

I agree with your point and after reading what you said, I realized that the ratings are less than a popularity contest. Maybe "popularity" is a misnomer or a simplistic view of the rating system for cutting out the troublemakers. OTOH, politcal posts in the O/T seem to rile up people and I wonder how many people get negative ratings for expressing their political views.(I meant that as a rhetorical question...LOL)
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

I agree with your point and after reading what you said, I realized that the ratings are less than a popularity contest. Maybe "popularity" is a misnomer or a simplistic view of the rating system for cutting out the troublemakers. OTOH, politcal posts in the O/T seem to rile up people and I wonder how many people get negative ratings for expressing their political views.(I meant that as a rhetorical question...LOL)

Lots... I am pretty sure that is where most of my negs came from...
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

If it's not there, you haven't pissed off or pleased enough people to get it.

Hmmm... Think I'll try pissing some people off and see if mine shows up.

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Hmmm... Think I'll try pissing some people off and see if mine shows up.

I rated you just to see... no such luck...
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I tried too - no luck for me either, lol. It would have been fun to say I made your ratings bar show up
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
See there are all kinds of pointless ways to get ratings... lol.
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I honestly don't care one way or the other what my ratings bar says, I just want it to be there, I feel like I'm missing a part of me lol I tried but I couldn't type that with a straight face.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth88Formula:

I honestly don't care one way or the other what my ratings bar says, I just want it to be there, I feel like I'm missing a part of me lol I tried but I couldn't type that with a straight face.

I tossed you a + but it didn't make your bar show . Carbon already had a + from me.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 06-09-2010).]

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
lets see if i can make it appear
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
I think the rating thing is good! Like the one Guy said it keeps people from pooing all over. But to post asking for + ratings is kinda weak don't you think? If you POed some people then that's your problems. I love this place for the simple fact of the respect you get from others. This place is very helpful and as soon as I post a troubleshooting issue people post back!
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i like helping out with electrical issues i can figure out and sharing my technological ideas i have for the car

------------------

Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't asking for anything - I was trying to make a joke out of it - I guess it didn't come across that way. oops
I do agree that coming out and asking for ratings is rather lame. I give out ratings to anyone that has genuinely helped me or others or have gone out of their way for something infinitesimally small.

Or they're just plain funny and make me laugh on a regular basis. We all need a court jester around here.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth88Formula:

Or they're just plain funny and make me laugh on a regular basis. We all need a court jester around here.

thats what i like to do, but i guess im too young for some peoples sense of humor. i do have a rather odd sense of humor

------------------

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

No way is 100% perfect of course, but Cliff's way does negate the need for a full time 'babysitter'. As active as we are around here who would have time for that, AND remain 100% unbiased at the same time?
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

just curious. i noticed my ( - )s and ( + )s are getting dangerously close to their limit... well the ( - )s and if i manage to offend more people, i want to be able to retrieve these for future use.

I tossed you a "+"

Now, don't piss me off ! (jk)
Darth88Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth88FormulaClick Here to visit Darth88Formula's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth88FormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

thats what i like to do, but i guess im too young for some peoples sense of humor. i do have a rather odd sense of humor

I have the same issue as well, I'm just a little too far out in left field for most people to even have an inkling of what I'm talking about. Oh well, it's funny to me and that's all that matters! =)
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I really am disturbed by your avatar. I passed out a (-) because of it.
Actually, you got a (+) for something in the past from me. Must not have been too important though. I didn't write anything in the "Reason" box?

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
Woo hoo! The bad red rash is getting smaller! Lmao thanks everyone

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock