Started on: 06-06-2010 10:53 AM
Replies: 26
Last post by: vortecfiero on 06-09-2010 06:38 PM
vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
one of the coolest features about the fiero is the way body panels can be swapped or modded
Ive done a few mods to my car and helped on a few wild ones too. (one will be unveiled soon lol)

Id love to find a body kit that is not a ferrari, or lambo or lotus or other exotic car
i dont mean to say these kits are not great... for me id like to see something completely new
that looks like only one guy designed it and not just a collection of diff parts.

part of every design exercise is working within the confines of the medium... not just creatively.
in my mind the panels should be a direct swap... no molding in or tricky cutting etc.
also part of the design process is to make the package function better besides just looking nicer.
functionality is as important as form.

im sure if someone did create something... not everyone would love it... but that is what makes our '
passions all different.

most of the custom bodied fieros on the board are spectacular and show a true love for cars and design
and the thought and work involved is documented for all to see

im sure not everyone will agree but i think we can all appreciate the passion that goes in to these cars

------------------

87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6
Bully Stage 2 clutch
Syclone intake manifold and engine management with Moates adapter and chip burner
Air/water intercooler and Devil's Own progressive water/alky injection
50lb injectors, 3 bar map sensor, Walboro fuel pump and Jabasco Intercooler pump
LM1 wideband on custom manifolds and 3" stainless exhaust system
T31 P trim T04B H3 turbo and a S10 caliper conversion.
Murphy's Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value
Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure.
Arthur C. Clarke "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Team Race-Tech

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Team Race-TechSend a Private Message to Team Race-TechDirect Link to This Post
Whats this?????? you want a body kit??????? does this have something to do with Italo's car???
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
For original work, check out Kris Munson's stuff on FieroFiberglass.com (JimmyS's site), and Archies fully badass widebody kit (V8Archie.com if you didn't already know) but that has to be molded on. Both are one-off and look really cool. That may or may not answer your question, whatever your question was....

Off-topic: I like your wheels. They're sweet.

------------------
1988 Metallic Red Pontiac Fiero CJB T-Top Coupe, # 784 of 1252

[This message has been edited by Fiero1K (edited 06-06-2010).]

MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vortecfiero:

one of the coolest features about the fiero is the way body panels can be swapped or modded
Ive done a few mods to my car and helped on a few wild ones too. (one will be unveiled soon lol)

Id love to find a body kit that is not a ferrari, or lambo or lotus or other exotic car
i dont mean to say these kits are not great... for me id like to see something completely new
that looks like only one guy designed it and not just a collection of diff parts.

part of every design exercise is working within the confines of the medium... not just creatively.
in my mind the panels should be a direct swap... no molding in or tricky cutting etc.
also part of the design process is to make the package function better besides just looking nicer.

im sure if someone did create something... not everyone would love it... but that is what makes our '
passions all different.

most of the custom bodied fieros on the board are spectacular and show a true love for cars and design
and the thought and work involved is documented for all to see

im sure not everyone will agree but i think we can all appreciate the passion that goes in to these cars

Somebody makes a Lotus kit ?????
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
whoops.... wrong thread

Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-06-2010).]

ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2010 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

http://fierofiberglass.com/...20Pages/Lizardo.html

there ya go vortecfiero

I think you missed the part where he said "not a lambo."

The Lizardo kit looks like a stubby attempt at a Gallardo kit, unfortunately.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vortecfiero:

In my mind the panels should be a direct swap... no molding in or tricky cutting etc.

passions all different.

IMHO- one should never-ever bolt on any body part regardless of the difficultly and/or otherwise. You need to tweak it first-then thus a personal addition from the owner to the car. IMHO the tweaked part must be better than the original in style and function an extension of what the car should be if giving the time to evolve without bean collectors dictating every move. IMHO that means the owner would need to get out from under the weight of frugalness--that means wheels.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

somebody did. It was called the Nite Nymphia, but last I heard the business was unresponsive to contact and probabpy dead. Shame, because their kit was amazing.

Link: http://fierokitbynite.com/aboutus.html

------------------
1988 Metallic Red Pontiac Fiero CJB T-Top Coupe, # 784 of 1252

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
what about the wide body kit of fierowarehouse? or sage or doug007?
Sorry I forgot who it is that sells that sweet IRM WB kit.
CrazyBernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyBernieSend a Private Message to CrazyBernieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

http://fierofiberglass.com/...20Pages/Lizardo.html

there ya go vortecfiero

That looks like a cross between the gallardo and a chrysler crossfire. 0_o
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

Yes well there is a lotus front bar. normsfibreglass i think has them although his site is down so cannot check.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067074.html Lotus inspired thread for a widebody.
my body kit is getting painted this weekend if it is sunny have had 30 rainy days in a row.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

IMHO- one should never-ever bolt on any body part regardless of the difficultly and/or otherwise. You need to tweak it first-then thus a personal addition from the owner to the car. IMHO the tweaked part must be better than the original in style and function an extension of what the car should be if giving the time to evolve without bean collectors dictating every move. IMHO that means the owner would need to get out from under the weight of frugalness--that means wheels.

If you buy a kit, bumpers, side~scoops, decklid scoops, ALL should be taken to the NEXT LEVEL or you just have "cookie cutter parts" just like JimBob... Make your Fiero YOUR Fiero w/ your ideas. If you cant do the work yourself there are alot of people here that will make 'one off' parts for YOUR Fiero... Make sense..??

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
This is my years of experience. Never spend more on a body kit than the car is worth. Always use bolt on and off parts even a kit car should be separate pieces. If you mold parts onto parts make sure you can still remove from the car like the original parts are. A good set of Wheels and a paint job go a long way. Most important thing to remember the majority of the people will not like most enhancements that you do. A clean well maintained Fiero with brakes, suspension, Wheels and tires will sell way faster than anything else. A lot less headache, money blown and more enjoyable to have.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:
Never spend more on a body kit than the car is worth.

Any body kit for a Fiero is likely going to be more than the car is worth, unless maybe you've got a yellow 88 T-Top Formula with 20 miles on it.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Any body kit for a Fiero is likely going to be more than the car is worth, unless maybe you've got a yellow 88 T-Top Formula with 20 miles on it.

I would think the f355 was more trouble than it was worth reading that statement i guess with all the work that goes in the sentimental value is almost worth as much as real thing.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:
I would think the f355 was more trouble than it was worth reading that statement i guess with all the work that goes in the sentimental value is almost worth as much as real thing.

Well, if you're putting a body kit on a car, it's probably not because you're trying to sell the car. So I don't think the statement of worth is a valid argument against spending money on a body kit. I was just pointing out that the Fiero doesn't have any particular value on the used car markets.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
the only way to go is a one off custom. you can still use parts that other people make but it is how you put them together that makes it yours.
like my DD project most of the parts where from others but I tweaked them as well as built some others of my own.
same thing with my choptop.
D.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the only way to go is a one off custom. you can still use parts that other people make but it is how you put them together that makes it yours.
like my DD project most of the parts where from others but I tweaked them as well as built some others of my own.
D.

Could not have said it better... My last custom widebody was totally one off.. The one I am chopping, I mean the one I am working on now will be the same way... "SmoothGT II"

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:
I mean the one I am working on now will be the same way... "SmoothGT II"

What......crushed???

sorry pal just had to
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
D.

And that's what I'm doing with mine as well. Custom doesn't mean crap you can buy at AutoZone and throw on your car with 3M tape. Everyone is trying to be a Buick v8 now with the fake 3-hole fender vents.
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I've got a very rare body kit that has a little Lotus look to it.....3 cars were built but mine is the only one left. It's really a replica of a Pantera 200

The builder of my car spent 4 years of his life building the car only to sell it for $11,500... and that was 13 years ago. the car only had 48,000 miles on it.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 06-08-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I like the pantera 200 style replica it looks really cool only one thing i will say is i would recognize any pantera a mile away and i would be happy to say it is a very good looking car i just had to have you tell me it was a replica De Tomaso 200 because it was shorter it didn't set in. I really do like the look of this car and not knocking it it is great. It might be a gift i have but i really want to be fooled.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

What......crushed???

sorry pal just had to

the ONLY thing that will be crushed in "SmoothGT~II" will be you trying to get in it... It is not that you are to tall for it, it is that BIG HEAD wont fit....
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by DL10:

I've got a very rare body kit that has a little Lotus look to it.....3 cars were built but mine is the only one left. It's really a replica of a Pantera 200

The builder of my car spent 4 years of his life building the car only to sell it for $11,500... and that was 13 years ago. the car only had 48,000 miles on it.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I had forgot just how gorgeous you 'tall' car was... It is just as nice to me as the GBCT... VERY rare.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

I had forgot just how gorgeous you 'tall' car was... It is just as nice to me as the GBCT... VERY rare.

Thanks.......It's a love it or hate it kind of car. I really don't want to take care of 2 cars but I can't seem to be able to part with either. Up until this summer I've always referred to them as the Beauty and the Beast.........one was pretty and one was fast. Now the GBCT looks as good as it runs..but the Predator doesn't run as good as it looks..still has the V-6.

The point I was trying to make the guy that designed and build the Predator spent 4 years of his life .......1000's of hours and several $1000 to make what the OP was asking for....and found out there really is no market for the car.
I don't have he time or abilities to make the car of my dreams.........and it's usually cheaper to buy someone else's

Originally posted by Australian:

I like the pantera 200 style replica it looks really cool only one thing i will say is i would recognize any pantera a mile away and i would be happy to say it is a very good looking car i just had to have you tell me it was a replica De Tomaso 200 because it was shorter it didn't set in. I really do like the look of this car and not knocking it it is great. It might be a gift i have but i really want to be fooled.

Most people have never heard of a Pantera 200, let alone seen one to really know how close they are. I know there were several Pantera owners that contacted me wanting to know about putting the body panels on a real Pantera......

Australian
vortecfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
nice !!!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock