a/c driping water by jim94
Started on: 06-06-2010 02:24 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Australian on 06-07-2010 07:03 AM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i ran my a/c on high and my wife said her leg was getting wet from under the dash near the console. the liquid didnot smell like anything outher than water.is it common for the a/c to sweat inside the car.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Mine does the same thing.... Ive ruled out its just the lines cooling and creating water. Its just a little drip. I wrapped it in about 3 inches of heat tape. Problem solved.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
lol you both should be happy you have working A/C's
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

lol you both should be happy you have working A/C's

Gotta have a working car to use it in....
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
There's a small line that exits the Air box just under the evaporator. it may be clogged. You can blow it out from under the car. Look near the heater core lines where they go through the front trunk from under the car you should see it there. IT's about a 3/8" thin hose.

Also the box is multiple pieces. there's a seam near the drip pan so it's likely it's coming from there. You can see the seam from inside the car. Just make sure all of the lower screws are snug.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
should not leak into car - I vote for drain hose being closed due to dried "mud"
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I agree - check the drain. Item 38, 39, 40 on this diagram from the Service Manual.
(which can be downloaded from http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php )

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

There's a small line that exits the Air box just under the evaporator. it may be clogged. You can blow it out from under the car. Look near the heater core lines where they go through the front trunk from under the car you should see it there. IT's about a 3/8" thin hose.

Also the box is multiple pieces. there's a seam near the drip pan so it's likely it's coming from there. You can see the seam from inside the car. Just make sure all of the lower screws are snug.

X3
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i will check the drain, i have not left the house today. it's too hot in my garage too work right now. florida hot and humid, my half balding head is like a sweating machine. i will have to wait for a cool day [75]. i have ordered a belt tensioner and a hurst shifter soo maybee i will open the house door, put the fan in and blow the cold air in from the house. time to change the end on the compressor to the blower to blow the line out. thanks for the help, youall rock.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
It's got to be the drain. I have had it plugged by cob webs in the past.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I will have to gas mine up one day and see if it holds gas or even works.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock