Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  T-top owners, how do you stow/carry your tops?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

T-top owners, how do you stow/carry your tops? by Fformula88
Started on: 06-05-2010 01:55 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: FieroReinke on 06-05-2010 07:32 PM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I was curious about what T-top owners are doing with their tops when out on the road? I have them in my trunk, packed with blankets around them so they are well cushioned. However, this makes the process of stowing or replacing the tops a bit of a long one.

I was thinking of picking up some foam, cutting it into strips, and just sliding the tops down into the strips. However, finding suitable foam which isn't a fortune has been a bit of a challenge too.

I just hate to let them knock around back there and was wondering what other solutions folks have come up with.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Put them behind your seats...they fit perfectly back there and you can still have your seat ALL THE WAY back and almost all the way reclined. They only go in a certain way but if you try it for 30 seconds you'll get it. No foam padding required as they are solid and held in by fabric/leather from every side. I still put them in T-Top bags I got off Ebay from an 80's RX7 though.

------------------
86GT Modded 3.4l V6/Getrag with Trueleo - 210WHP
1972 Honda CB350 Motorcycle For Sale - 80% NOS

Want C5 Corvette Setas In Your Fiero?
Check out my guide!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081176.html

PM Me if you need:
Interior/Exterior Parts
Stock Switches/Bezels
Gauge Clusters
Body Panels
Fiero Rotor Hubs for Brake Swaps
Or custom fabricated parts! My prices are very low.

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I had not thought of that, but that is a good idea. I have T-top bags for mine too which came with the car. I'll give that a try!

------------------
2009 Volvo C30 T5
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula T-top
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula Hardtop

MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Works like a charm.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

Put them behind your seats...they fit perfectly back there and you can still have your seat ALL THE WAY back and almost all the way reclined.

I found this to be almost true. I can't recline my seat all the way with the tops back there and it's just enough to make me uncomfortable. So while I might put the passenger one back there, never the driver side.

With a little metal cutting, I'm convinced I could make the tops fit up front. That would be very convenient.
FieroReinke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I put them both behind the passenger seat in a 69 fashion. I don't care if the passenger cant lean back all the way. Once in there I lean the seat back as far as possible and this holds the tops in place.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock