Road Trip by vrossiter
Started on: 06-05-2010 09:39 AM
Replies: 45
Last post by: okwithit on 06-24-2010 10:12 AM
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
We're home in SD, and I'm TIRED!

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone who's been following know that we made it in safe. Actually I had a lot more typed, but the internet's being stupid and we're stuck at Nana's for the night due to the strorm that's rolling through. First night back with the car and I'm having visions of broken sh** on it!

I have more pics, as you are all probably aware. I came home to find out that the AC at the house went out on Sunday, yeah!! I love issues after being gone for days!

Race, it's been one hell of a trip! We made it in before the weather came up, but we didn't make it back out in time.

I will make my final post in this thread tomorrow after work when I've had a chance to unwind a little. It's been a whole lot of fun doing this thread and I hope everyones enjoyed following along. My hope is that we can do this about once a year. Maybe we'll have to do one for Frazee next month. We'll see.

Anywho, I'll finish it up tomorrow.
Night all.
IP: Logged
thumper_64735

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear you made it home alright and had no issues with the car. Can't wait to see all the pics.
Thumper
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Also glad to hear you guys made it home safely, Vince and Kassie! I can't wait to meet up again in Frazee, and hopefully, we will be taking a road trip out your way next year.

Andy
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
that was a gr8 read, thanks 4 sharing.

I luv road trips!
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
No point in waisting time, so........on with the show!

We started out in Kansas City yesterday morning after another fairly late night with a fellow forum member. But before we could leave, there was just one thing we had to do.....

Yes, I'm into this sort of thing. Kas would probably tell you that if I'm not driving, I'm fishing!

We have this kind of stuff at home, but ours are usually in the river......

Leaving KC, going right by the stadium.....

Decided to take a slight detour.....

When we found out it was just a town in Missouri we decided to keep on keepin on.

There wasn't really a whole lot of interesting things to photograph. According to Kas, we see it all the time! I tried to explain that we weren't the ones looking.
But she was right, not a whole lot to see but highway, until.....

Getting closer to home.

We get into Omaha, and are driving down the street and what do we see? Now we know were getting close to home.....only in the midwest do you see trucks with balls!

Had some time to kill so we went to a mall to mess around a bit and when I pulled into the parking spot, Kas just started bustin a gut and pointing out the windshield........
This is what was so funny.....

I thought Joey had followed us home!

And on to the last stop of the road trip......

Oh My God!! It's like Chukee Cheese for grown ups!!

And off we go....welcome back to the land of orange barrells!!

Getting closer, this is coming through Sioux City, IA.

I forgot how much I liked the look of the midwestern sky. Say what you want, but it doesn't look like this anywhere else!

And into South Dakota!

After Omaha, we were driving seperate cars, so Kas did get some pics of the back of the Missing Piece.

Last one, going into Yankton, we were finally home!

Like I said, it's been one helluva trip, and one I would do again, given the chance. I made it almost all the way home on one tank of gas yesterday. I'm a little sad that this had to come to an end, but I guess I'll just have to look for the next beginning, right?

We had the opportunity to meet some great people and spend time in some cool places. It basically turned into a 2000 mile shakedown run on a car that performed very well under all conditions. The miles did bring some issues to my attention that will have to be addressed before this is done again, hopefully nothing that will keep us from Frazee next month, but all in all, it was great.

This is where I say goodbye. I hope to be able to do this again, and I hope that you all had as good a time following as we had doing!

Maybe I need to find somebody somewhere that will paint the car.....someplace like, maybe, Georgia? Hmmmmm.......hehe

So, until the next begining........

Vince
okwithit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for okwithitSend a Private Message to okwithitDirect Link to This Post
wooo hoo! lets do it again!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock