Started on: 06-04-2010 10:42 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: MstangsBware on 06-05-2010 01:25 AM
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
I want to wrap my intake tube to protect it from heat. I keep seeing header wrap. Anyone use this on their intake? I know its made to keep heat "in" but it would work keeping heat out also. If i used it would everyone jus laugh at me?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I'd personally go with something reflective like this: http://www.stylintrucks.com...px?partfamilyid=1628 over header wrap. Although if you wrapped your intake in header wrap and then put some reflective heat tape ( http://www.heatshieldproduc...heat_shield_tape.php ) over it, it might work pretty good. But I honestly don't know how effective any of this stuff would actually be and I don't have any direct experience with it. Just throwing some ideas out there.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
gmtuners.com -Build info

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Don't use header wrap but the material you use to make the firewall insulation out of or you can get the barrier protection wrap from Lowes also. I did this on my car after getting a heat gun and shooting the underside of my intake tube. The temps where like 175 before and aaround 112 afterwards....well worth it IMO....
billpapps

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
I tried this a few years ago. 454 BB. Didn't work as planed.
I was having heat soaking into the carbs. Using a Fab Metal intake with 6 inch runners.
Heat still soaked up the intake tubes and took longer to cool down.

I'm not saying ya have the same results. Just thats what happen to me.
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Did the same thing Mustang...186 degrees here. Thats why I need to use something. How does it look? The stuff you used.

AcursedX...I like that. I think thats what i am going to use THANKS!

[This message has been edited by lildevil (edited 06-04-2010).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

Did the same thing Mustang...186 degrees here. Thats why I need to use something. How does it look? The stuff you used.

AcursedX...I like that. I think thats what i am going to use THANKS!

Most of it is hidden by the engin side vent so cant see much of it. I used the silver AC duct type to hold it on. If you take your time then it does not look bad. You can only see very little of it once all said and done...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock