Started on: 06-03-2010 10:12 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 06-09-2010 01:27 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
By the time that I started this thread, the add was flagged.

There is an add running around in several cities, claiming a really sweet BMW 3 Series 'vert for sale. I found it while searching Fieros, but it has a lot of keywords to get hits. It seems to be circulating along the west coast, because I found it to be flagged from San Diego, to Seattle. The add is from a man that claims that he bought the car for his son, who was a soldier in Iraq. He is selling the car at a rediculously low price. (Obvious scam to you and I.) Here is the part that angers me to no end....He is selling it because his son was killed while in combat! This is an apparent scam, and should not be tolerated. This is not your usual scammer. The perpertraitor is using the death of an American soldier to try and scam us.

If you come across this add, and many of you will, please flag it. When I found it earlier, I immediately thought about posting it here, but it was flagged right then and there. I began searching other cities, only to find that the add had been flagged there also. Many postings to be found. Just not the add anymore.

Once again, please help stop this scammer.

Tony
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post
How do you know its a scam, did you write the guy or ring him up?
Does it really matter how he acquired the car, if he acquired it the way he says, yes its sad. However that doesn't mean you go around flagging it because you don't approve.

------------------

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Dude! Really? I am trying to help out, and be a good human. I guess that I should have put the asking price in there. $4,500 for a BMW M3 Convertible! It's a scam. Stay out of threads if you are not going to help. You are a real piece of work there buddy!

I don't approve, because the scammer is pulling on the heartstrings of Americans to rip people off. They are using a fake add. One with a dead American soldier as the bait! You can be as nieve as you want, but if you are not going to help, the STFO!!

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-03-2010).]

cooguyfish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

Does it really matter how he acquired the car, if he acquired it the way he says, yes its sad. However that doesn't mean you go around flagging it because you don't approve.

you must not craisglist very often... Here's what happens,

you find a car, it's freakin sweet and listed for about 10-30% of what it's worth. This so you will look at it, thinking something is wrong. So you open it and find absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's perfect and listed for nothing.

So you email them, Typically they sell your email address and you now get more spam. Or maybe they will send you more pictures, which end up being viruses. Either way, it's never good, and they are extremely easy to spot.

Case and point, notice he specified that it was listed at a ridiculously low price

-Brandon

------------------
The List;
1) 98 Jetta TDI (55+ MPG) 2) 95 BMW 325i 5 spd (Wife's car) 3) 82 Chevy Scottsdale 6.2 (tow duty)
4) 87 Fiero 3800 S1 S/C 5spd (almost road ready) 5) 85 S10 diesel 5spd (engine donor) 6) 84 S10 (receiver) 7) 84 S10 2.5 5spd (parts)
8) 87 GMC S15 2.8 5spd parts truck 9) 91 Mercedes 190E (diesel 5spd swap) 10) 84 Mercedes 190D (donor) 11) 85 Fiero (parts)
12) 85 Fiero SE (7730 ecm, 3500) 13) 87 GT (7730 ecm, hybrid 2800, izusu 5spd swap soon)

Ramsespride

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
f*** its on the local Appleton WISCONSIN craigslist too. Definatly a scam just more elaborate, time to get the pennicillin and squash this virus
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Penicillin wont destroy a virus
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-03-2010).]

Spaxspore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaxsporeSend a Private Message to SpaxsporeDirect Link to This Post
if its too good to be true... most likly it is..

i take whats on Craigs list with a grain of salt.
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Blue87Fiero (edited 06-03-2010).]

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Dude! Really? I am trying to help out, and be a good human. I guess that I should have put the asking price in there. $4,500 for a BMW M3 Convertible! It's a scam. Stay out of threads if you are not going to help. You are a real piece of work there buddy!

I don't approve, because the scammer is pulling on the heartstrings of Americans to rip people off. They are using a fake add. One with a dead American soldier as the bait! You can be as nieve as you want, but if you are not going to help, the STFO!!

Well considering I couldn't see the ad or the price.
Also I'm just asking you a question, no need to go over the top there.... buddy.
As stated before its really hard to make a judgement with out seeing the ad. For all I knew it could of been just at a lower price to get rid of it.
As far as being a piece of work, you don't know a thing about me.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I have been bashed here today, for being a good human. I am a stand up guy that don't take shat from anyone!

Just yesterday, I stopped a burglury at my elderly neighbors. I am pretty sure that my Karma is good. How's yours? I give way more than I take in this world buddy.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post

I have been bashed here today, for being a good human. I am a stand up guy that don't take shat from anyone!

Just yesterday, I stopped a burglury at my elderly neighbors. I am pretty sure that my Karma is good. How's yours? I give way more than I take in this world buddy.

Not once did I bash you in here, I just asked a couple of questions, nothing more.
Again, as stated previously, I could not see the ad for myself to make the judgment on it.
Actually my Karma is good, buddy.
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
You two need to relax that add is most likely a scam he is just trying to worn people. If you dont think so then try to buy it im sure its posted in a bunch of places. There is no need to get all worked up over nothing.

[This message has been edited by Blue87Fiero (edited 06-03-2010).]

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

for the record, if karma IS real...i dont think its something that is valid if you need to use it against someone for whatever reason. thats like only helping someone for the credit; it doesnt count lol.

anyways, you both are alright people so stop fussing lol

also, Tony, that guy is scamming for chump change. why dont you start a thread bashing the people who sell 9/11 "memorabilia" like those coins and the $20 gold dollar bill? im sure THAT is a thread that would gain much support, including from myseld
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Tony, relax! He didn't know the specifics of the ad and was simply asking. Sheesh....
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
And enough with the calling one another buddy. It's horrendous.

Scammers come and go, craigslist is just one place it happens... it happens everywhere.

------------------

Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

And enough with the calling one another buddy. It's horrendous.

Well, Im not his buddy... guy.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

dammit you got it before me...
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Thats how they work. One of the jeeps i was looking at was really low miles at a very good price. She said she was shipping out to iraq and needs it gone shes from PA the car is in SC and she is in NY right now... Scam in the making.

9 times out of 10 its some forginer trying to make a quick buck.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-04-2010).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
You know, honestly, just trying to bring something disgusting to the light. My only intentions in this thread were to show how someone that is using the thought of A FALLEN SOLDIER to bilk money from real Americans. I am sure that Fiero_Fan_88 agrees with me that doing this is just horrible. I have seen so many adds that mislead, but this one just tears me apart. I am fairly anti big brother, but will lay down my life for the soldiers that lay down theirs for us. So, after reading the fake add, I posted up here to bring to light the atrocities of using a fallen soldier to scam monies from people. Nothing more, nothing less.

I got really heated when someone questioned my reasoning for this. But, it was not my reasoning that posted this up. It was the fallen soldier line that just ripped me apart. I am so very thankful to be able to eat dinner at my table. American soldiers are the reason that my family can do this in peace.

People fall for adds like this everyday. I will flag "with great fury and anger" any add that is of this nature. I would rather take a thousand negatives from this forum, than let one of these adds stay on the web. I hate theives that much.

Fiero_Fan_88..... Maybe I went off a little too much on your comments. I was extremely angry about this add. And still am. But, after reading your questions to myself this morning, I get where you are coming from. I am quite sure that you don't condone this kind of thing. I am not one to erase his mistakes. I would rather have them there to help me in the future. I learn from my mistakes, and because of this, I am very smart. So, Fiero_Fan_88, sorry for getting all bent out of shape. It just tears me apart to think about someone using a fallen soldier as a selling point. This add is circulating around Craigslist. It won't be the last time we see it. That makes me angry. I should not have taken my anger out on you.

I wish that I could post up all of the atrocities that scammers think of. But alas, i am only one man, and there aren't enough seconds in the day to even put a dent into the vile plans of these perpatraitors.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 06-04-2010).]

Chump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChumpClick Here to visit Chump's HomePageSend a Private Message to ChumpDirect Link to This Post

Whatcha talking about...bub.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Heres the link to one of them if anyone is interested. trueley a very low way to scam someone.

http://philadelphia.craigsl.../for/1771167621.html
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

lmao

.....Ya, its a shame someone would use that angle in a scam, but I cant say im surprised. Since when is there any honour / integrity / conscience, etc in screwing someone for entertainment or personal gain?

Scammers make careers of targeting emotions. The naive little old lady who lives alone. Dating scammers who feed on the lonely.
Cripes... drug dealers who give 15 year old girls a few free hits to get them hooked. .....next thing you know they're working the streets to pay for their addiction.

Sometimes I wonder whether these people are the same species. ....sad.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Clearly this should have been in O/T since it has nothing to do with Fieros.
Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Again I find on this forum a thread where people need to think twice before speaking once. I understand emotions that can play on people and their decision making but more often than not time and time again people say things that they can't take back and are taken out of context as the written word has no way of showing the sound of empathy or intent. I'm sure a lot of people have negative ratings due to this and unfortunately misunderstandings can be avoided.

Think before you write and then read it a few times before you post it to make sure of what others may see that you don't. If you are angry then vent your frustrations before you post and think of others.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Murphy:

Again I find on this forum a thread where people need to think twice before speaking once. I understand emotions that can play on people and their decision making but more often than not time and time again people say things that they can't take back and are taken out of context as the written word has no way of showing the sound of empathy or intent. I'm sure a lot of people have negative ratings due to this and unfortunately misunderstandings can be avoided.

Think before you write and then read it a few times before you post it to make sure of what others may see that you don't. If you are angry then vent your frustrations before you post and think of others.

Well whats been said has been said, can't take anything back.
Just move forward from an ugly thread
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Clearly this should have been in O/T since it has nothing to do with Fieros.

Sure does.. You type in fiero on craigslist and this comes up.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock