Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New 2010 Trans Am Kit/ We need a fiero one.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

New 2010 Trans Am Kit/ We need a fiero one. by iluvsd619
Started on: 06-02-2010 11:25 PM
Replies: 33
Last post by: iluvsd619 on 06-06-2010 12:16 AM
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
So I saw this online, I think its cool to have a kit like that after Pontiac said good-bye. So that leaves me to believe, if this guy can make a new Trans Am, with the help of GM of course, I think some talented mind can make a new Fiero. I miss Pontiac! Whats your thoughts?

http://www.kevinmorgandesigns.com/home.html

http://www.transamdepot.com/

[This message has been edited by iluvsd619 (edited 06-02-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Nice idea, but there is no current production GM mid-engine car on which to base a Fiero kit.

About the closest thing you could find would be a second or third generation MR2 and put a kit on that. But basing a Fiero kit on a Toyota would not be nearly as satisfying as the Trans Am kit.

HausFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I'm there with ya. It would be awesome if they made a new generation of the fiero. I have a feeling that it would be over sized and over weight like just about all new cars these days IMO. It definitely would not come out as an economy car this time though

btw I miss Pontiac too. Dumn decision to get rid of them if you ask me
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
OMG that is the sexxxxiest car I've EVER seen in my life!!!! Sorry madcurl, I like your car too

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 06-02-2010).]

iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
We don't need a current production car. We have our fieros to work off of. We can work off the frame we have. Stretch it and throw in a ls3 or the 3.6l, then just start the body work. Im still trying to wonder what the Fiero would look like today. Would it be a cross between a Corvette, Camero, and a G8. Im not counting the Sky and Solstice because it doesn't look like the Fiero to me.
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking a camaro and corvette looking mix

And that firebird is amazing looking too. Looks alot like the camaro but better
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
It is a nicer look. Its a nice ride. Ya, I was thinking the same as a Corvette/Camero feel to.
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Nice idea, but there is no current production GM mid-engine car on which to base a Fiero kit.

About the closest thing you could find would be a second or third generation MR2 and put a kit on that. But basing a Fiero kit on a Toyota would not be nearly as satisfying as the Trans Am kit.

Not exactly. GM actually produced the Fiero's successor, they just didn't bother to sell any here in the US. It was called the Vauxhall VX220 in England or the Opel Speedster in Europe and Asia. Built by Lotus. Mid-engined. 2.2 na or 2.0 turbo ecotec. Targa Top. 2000lbs.

Made from 2001-2005. The 2005 VXR220 did 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

EDIT: http://www.netcarshow.com/o...003-speedster_turbo/

------------------

- Electron Blue '88 GT ZZ430 RPFI V8 5-speed (430hp) {Construction Zone}
- Silver '88 GT 5-speed w/cammed 3.4 (160hp)
- LS1 6-speed C5 Corvette Roadster (475hp)
- LT4 6-speed C4 Corvette Roadster (350hp)
- '92 Grand Prix GTP 3.4 DOHC 284 5-speed (215hp)
- '08 Baja Reaction 150 CVT (10hp)
Keeper of the 3.4 swap pages {OHV} {DOHC}

[This message has been edited by crazyd (edited 06-03-2010).]

iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about Opel. I wonder what that car would look like as a fastback?
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Death to Chevy long live Pontiac!!!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:

We don't need a current production car. We have our fieros to work off of. We can work off the frame we have. Stretch it and throw in a ls3 or the 3.6l, then just start the body work. Im still trying to wonder what the Fiero would look like today.

People have been doing that on here for over 20 years. But in the spirit of your first post and the Trans Am you talked about a NEW Fiero. That would be a new production car that would be titled as a 2010 and look like it was a Fiero produced in 2010.

If you take a rikety 25 year old car and dump 20 grand into it and make it look new, it's still not new. As far as NADA and the rest of the world is concerned it's a 25 year old POS. It's not the same thing at all.

The Opel is the closest thing to a GM Mid-engined car, but it's no longer in production and very hard for us in North America to get our hands on one.
PFF
System Bot
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
Presenting the 2011 Pontiac Fiero

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 06-03-2010).]

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
wow
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

So I saw this online, I think its cool to have a kit like that after Pontiac said good-bye. So that leaves me to believe, if this guy can make a new Trans Am, with the help of GM of course, I think some talented mind can make a new Fiero. I miss Pontiac! Whats your thoughts?

My thoughts are this car was built and completed before pontiac closed. As i saw pics of it a year ago or so when the camero came out.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyd:

Not exactly. GM actually produced the Fiero's successor, they just didn't bother to sell any here in the US. It was called the Vauxhall VX220 in England or the Opel Speedster in Europe and Asia. Built by Lotus. Mid-engined. 2.2 na or 2.0 turbo ecotec. Targa Top. 2000lbs.

Made from 2001-2005. The 2005 VXR220 did 0-60 in 4.2 seconds.

EDIT: http://www.netcarshow.com/o...003-speedster_turbo/

You would have to move to Europe as they will not let it into this country with out alot of work. Only a couple made it in.

Besides to cut it up would kill the value.

With so many Fiero's around why would one want to fake one?

The TA Camaro is an idea better left alone.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:
You would have to move to Europe as they will not let it into this country with out alot of work. Only a couple made it in.

It's easy to get a car from Europe into the US and legally drivable. It is mostly just a matter of expense. People have been doing it for decades.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
So they do not make the Opal anymore that was a nice looking car.
No Tom I will not make an S/B T/A Fiero but I do plan to make my own version T/A Camaro. Just as soon as i can sell all my Fieros and parts. I have already located a Black 575. I have to sell my house also.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
I think Kevin Morgan owes some of the credit to a now-empty bottle of Captain Morgan.
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
Was that a picture of a new El Camino that was photoshoped? Interesting.

Wow, someone did that to a Nissan?

[This message has been edited by iluvsd619 (edited 06-03-2010).]

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Presenting the 2011 Pontiac Fiero

LOL not cool
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
T/A Camaro you mean the Trans am ( tech the Fire Bird Trans Am )

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

T/A Camaro you mean the Trans am ( tech the Fire Bird Trans Am )

Yep Black Supercharged six speed Camaro will become a Smoky and the Bandit black and gold Trans Am.
redwingshat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatDirect Link to This Post
Thats awesome
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

It's easy to get a car from Europe into the US and legally drivable. It is mostly just a matter of expense. People have been doing it for decades.

Depends on the car and none are cheap to do. It is not as easy as it once was.

EPA and DOT laws have curbed many Gray market cars anymore unless they are built to share much of the US models safty and emissions.

GM did not bring the Opel as it was too expensive to bring it in here. Lotus never certified the car till after GM stopped selling it.

Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
Here's some of the pictures I've collected over the last few years (the better ones).

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Depends on the car and none are cheap to do. It is not as easy as it once was.

EPA and DOT laws have curbed many Gray market cars anymore unless they are built to share much of the US models safty and emissions.

If it's your own personal car you are bringing in then the rules are far more lenient. If you are military or govt employee it's downright easy to bring any car into the US and make it legal.

Some of those T/A conversions look great. Considering that we never we going to get a trans am even before Pontiac died I think it's great people are still making them from Camaros.

I think if you really wanted to you could take an Elise or Exige and put a kit on it... but it would cost some bucks. The Lotus alone would set you back close to $50K.
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
Aww man this car is looking good. My Fiero is still number #1! I MISS PONTIAC! Why did GM do that. Who drives a Buick anyway? Should have let that go and not Pontiac. LOL!
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I don't like how chunky it looks ..I used to have a 73 Super Duty and it was much more proportional and sexy looking
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

If this guy can make a new Trans Am, with the help of GM of course, I think some talented mind can make a new Fiero. I miss Pontiac! Whats your thoughts?

Save yourself the heartache and buy a Camero and have it converted into a screaming TransAm.

A Firebird Trans AM (coughs...Camero-screaming Chicken).

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl,

That's the over-priced version. The guy/company that built that one were asking $80k for it on ebay.

This company builds a better version in my opinion. More dimensionally correct. And more cost effective at $53k. Oops, up $500 since I last looked. And some real thought into a nicer interior and not just sewn-in head-rests.
PFF
System Bot
Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Madcurl,

That's the over-priced version. The guy/company that built that one were asking $80k for it on ebay.

This company builds a better version in my opinion. More dimensionally correct. And more cost effective at $53k. Oops, up $500 since I last looked. And some real thought into a nicer interior and not just sewn-in head-rests.

Have we forgotten who we are? We're the biggest bunch of fiberglassers on the internet. We make this look easy.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rolling Thunder:

Have we forgotten who we are? We're the biggest bunch of fiberglassers on the internet. We make this look easy.

That is my plan. I will make all the panels myself.
iluvsd619

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
Make me some too! LOL!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock