Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Good Fiero Mechanic in Maryland (Near Hampstead 21074)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Good Fiero Mechanic in Maryland (Near Hampstead 21074) by tiretread
Started on: 06-02-2010 03:31 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: tiretread on 06-03-2010 06:35 AM
tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post
I'm currently deployed to Iraq and will be coming to MD to visit my g/f and my Fiero. There are some small things that need to get squared away on the car and I had planned on doing that when I came home for leave. My g/f has quashed that!!! There will be no time spent in the garage getting all greasy and intimate with my Fiero. Plus, she doesn't have any tools and all of mine are in Germany!

So....a recommendation for a good Fiero mechanic would be appreciated. I need the brakes bled (the bleeder screws are stripped), the e-brake cable connected (I believe there is a new cable with the car, just not connected), and exhaust leak near the manifold, and the relay for the fan control is jerry-rigged and could probably be looked at.

Thanks for any help and the mechanic wouldn't need to get it squared away until Sept.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I dont know about near Hampstaed, but I have a real nice Fiero mechanic a few miles from my house. Zipcode: 21087. Its about an hours drive, but I highly recommend this guy to any Fiero owners.

EDIT: By the way, I've always been curious- How are soldiers able to get on the internet while stationed in Iraq? Do they have a fancy Wi-fi system hooked up, or are the bases I see in my head (big tent-type structure in the middle of the desert) not accurate? Do you guys stay in a closed building with utilities and everything?

[This message has been edited by grkboy707 (edited 06-02-2010).]

tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I dont know about near Hampstaed, but I have a real nice Fiero mechanic a few miles from my house. Zipcode: 21087. Its about an hours drive, but I highly recommend this guy to any Fiero owners.

EDIT: By the way, I've always been curious- How are soldiers able to get on the internet while stationed in Iraq? Do they have a fancy Wi-fi system hooked up, or are the bases I see in my head (big tent-type structure in the middle of the desert) not accurate? Do you guys stay in a closed building with utilities and everything?

Thanks for the info. Could you shoot me his # or email?

As for the internet question: I'm on a very well situated base, not like my first tour over here. We have internet in each and every CHU (containerized housing unit) and make monthly payments for access. We aren't allowed full access to the web (no pron). I have my own room due to rank but there are guys that share a room. 12x12 or close to that. No bathroom and no sink. It sucks, but I've been in worse situations.

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
i know some people that would treat you right and give a good price, but they are down in laurel bout 1.25hrs from hamstead.
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
I know a guy right near Westminster that will treat you right as he has done some work on our 4 Fieros. He is only about 5 miles from Hampstead.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tiretread:

Thanks for the info. Could you shoot me his # or email?

As for the internet question: I'm on a very well situated base, not like my first tour over here. We have internet in each and every CHU (containerized housing unit) and make monthly payments for access. We aren't allowed full access to the web (no pron). I have my own room due to rank but there are guys that share a room. 12x12 or close to that. No bathroom and no sink. It sucks, but I've been in worse situations.

Yep, we purchased our own satellite from the hajis and the monthly bill was $1100. We split that between 10 of us for our CHUs. But we were only in CHUs for about 3 months while we were there, we were in sand flea and mouse infested tents the rest of the time. Stay safe, keep your head down, and watch over your juniors.
tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

I know a guy right near Westminster that will treat you right as he has done some work on our 4 Fieros. He is only about 5 miles from Hampstead.

PM sent your way!
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
So are you still interested in my guy?
tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

So are you still interested in my guy?

I'm going to go with amflyer. It's right down the street. I'll get back to you if he doesn't reply. Thanks!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock