Drive Pontiac Drive - Pontiac is Excitement! 6/1/2010 by 87 Pegasus
Started on: 05-31-2010 10:24 PM
Replies: 31
Last post by: Old Lar on 11-07-2010 06:39 AM
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

With the final curtain call for the Pontiac Brands in just a few hours we are closing another chapter for GM (sadly), but Pontiac will always live on in our hearts and we will never forget the excitement that GM has given us through the brand of Pontiac.

The Pontiac tribute Day website has drown over 7500 hits with nearly 900 submissions and nearly 1100 Pontiac's in 45 US states and 5 over seas states. When NIFE started the www.pontiactributeday.com website we did not think that it would get as big as it did. We at NIFE would like to thank everyone who has submitted their cars and help promote this day through the US and the world. Now that the end is almost here we would like to have you send in photos of you and your Pontiac at a Pontiac Tribute Day cruise night, show or even just driving for the day.

Once again the reason we started this site and wanted to bring this day into focus was because:

At a meeting of the Midwest Fiero Clubs (the association of Pontiac Fiero clubs in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan and Indiana) this past week, we came up with a brainstorm that we need your assistance with.

Although GM has decided to discontinue the Pontiac marque, I know we are all still very proud of our Pontiacs. As a salute of appreciation to General Motors for the years of Pontiac excitement they gave to us, we are promoting Tuesday, June 1, 2010, as "Pontiac Tribute Day". All we ask is that you drive and enjoy your Pontiac on this day, whatever it may be - old, new, G6, GP or GTO - let's show GM how much we appreciate all of the excitement they have brought to our lives! This event may grow into possible cruise nights and car shows highlighting Pontiac - the creativity in promoting this is up to everyone.

We need your help in promoting Pontiac Tribute Day so we can get the word out nationwide and possibly even worldwide with this idea. Please promote this as far as you can through other individuals and clubs you know about, through websites, phone calls, emails, etc. We have just under one year to watch this grow!

Thank you for your support.

Jim Hallman, President
Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts, Inc.

And again:
In a recent issue of Muscle Car Review there was a nice write up about this event.

The article states:
"It's sorta like Take Your Daughter to Work Day, but with less moping. In honor of the once-mighty Pontiac Brand, the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts are mounting a campaign to have all Pontiac owners drive their cars on June 1. It's simple, if you own a Pontiac-any Pontiac-drive it on June 1 as a tribute to the make. The Fiero club guys would like owners to sign up on their website (www.pontiactributeday.com) to show support for fellow enthusiasts. If you can take the idea a step further and organize a Pontiac-themed car show or cruise night, they'll announce in on the site."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
already been out turrin it up.....

get ya sum!!!
Dan
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I spent the weekend working on mine such that I could drive it into work this morning.
Bump

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
Drove it to work.... even in the crappy weather! WIll be the first time it sees rain since I've owned it! Oh well.... own it to drive it!

Across the street from work this morning.

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I have both the G6 (wife is driving that today) and the Fiero (I am driving that today). Heading over the NIFE Pontiac Tribute Day event around 5pm today.

Found this on the Chicago Tribune site today:

http://www.chicagotribune.c...ndar,0,6643909.story

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 06-01-2010).]

fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post
Wife drove the G6 today (as she always does), but sadly the fiero is in pieces. Does it count that I drove my saturn?? They don't make them anymore either
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastblack:

Wife drove the G6 today (as she always does), but sadly the fiero is in pieces. Does it count that I drove my saturn?? They don't make them anymore either

hahaha. I say it counts! I'm driving my saturn too. ...and for the same reason.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Took mine to town today to get fitted for new seat covers and a tranny flush/filter change. A guy at AAMCO said that it doesn't sound like a Fiero anymore. Duh--it has a 3800SC/4t65eHD combo and whomped an Escalade getting on the freeway.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
they are out today i guess....i got to hold my own against an F-150. heck it may have been an F-250, that sucker was huge. next to me anyways.....he did not think i could keep up. surprised the hell out of him. got a thumbsup, too...

Digitalman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DigitalmanSend a Private Message to DigitalmanDirect Link to This Post
I drove in to work too today. I always get a chuckle when I pull up to the gate at the parking lot, I don't need to swipe my card, I can drive right under the gate! Here are some pix...

http://i986.photobucket.com...ris/FrontonFiero.jpg
http://i986.photobucket.com...anchris/CLS_5248.jpg
88GTV-8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTV-8Send a Private Message to 88GTV-8Direct Link to This Post
I took the truck to work today, only because my BF is tweaking some stuff on the baby today. He did take her out today though so she has been on the road

------------------
Proud owner of her very first 1986 Pontiac Fiero Gt 5spd!

PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
It was just beautiful out this morning when I took the Fiero into work, now its pouring rain, and the hail just stopped
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I daily drive my Formula, so I rep Pontiac every day. =D

------------------

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Just got back from the cruise.. it went without a hiccup. (Ok, one hard start after sitting in the sun.) Anyhow, 150 miles later I am back home, my mission complete, but not as intended. Started out around 1130 am...

My path led me north from Cincinnati to Xenia, Ohio,where I visited a good friend of mine and we had coffee for a while. Then Northwest to New Carlisle where I used to live. Saw the old house is for sale. Then I went even further north to go visit my old landlords, who are not home. Gah. Ah well, I annoyed their dog through the window some, and got on my way.

So I turned her back around and headed back to New Carlisle where I discovered something very cool! This candle shop in town used to be a bank decades ago, and is supposedly the very first bank Dillinger ever stuck up. Pretty cool, I have pictures coming of my car out next to it, and the historic sign. Looks like a getaway car!

Got back on the road again, and headed to a favorite restaurant of mine, the Mel-o-dee. Ate a cheeseburger and again hit the road. I drove to Wright-Patterson airforce base and through it. No pictures of the base, I didnt want to get arrested as a spy or something.

Swung back out to 75, and took it toward home. I skipped the Moraine GM plant this trip, and Columbus as I intended as well. With the car still being so new to me, I did not want to chance fate too far from home.

So I rolled back in the driveway about 4:45EST.. not bad.. 5 hours and 15 minutes out on the road today representing.
Saw a lot of other Pontiacs, even some with signs. I stopped to torque my lugs at a used car place. The owner came out and chatted me up about my car, asking what all the pontiac hubbub was today. At least one person noticed, thats all I know. Then he told me he sold an 84 fiero a month back for $4k.. I told him it must have been some car for that price.. he said "Yep, 28k miles." Nice, I would have liked to seen it. Was not an Indy Pace car, but he said it was white.

Well, I had fun.. I don't know if it means a darn thing as a symbol of discontent with GMs bungling of Pontiac. Did they get the message? But I did have fun.

Heres some pics of the dillinger heist spot and some other photos of my car and from in my car today:

So thats what the place looked like that dillinger knocked off if any of you saw that Johny Depp movie, thats the place in Ohio. (I did not like that movie much..) I guess they re-enacted the scene for their bicentennial.

Pontiac Tribute Day Cruise: Complete
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
that is funny about the Dillinger Bank thing...i listen to a Metal Band named "The Dillinger Escape Plan" seems at the time in 1933 it worked...the Plan anyway super cool.... ahhh....Xenia, OH. the home of the worst Tornado outbreak in American history...also cool. but not as cool for the fact that some people may have died...wait wasn't John Dillinger quite violent......ohhh some research is in order. good post bragh!
glad you enjoyed your self. i also put some miles on ole Mera X today...even went to a Pontiac Dealer twice today...fun fun fun..
Later
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-01-2010).]

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Took mine to work. Will have to have it towed back home. Apparently I broke a rack mount or the rack when I last drove it. Wasn't very fun to drive today

CaravanBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaravanBillSend a Private Message to CaravanBillDirect Link to This Post
Drove my 87 SE to work today. I'd post a pic of it sitting out my window in the office parking lot but the camera on my Blackberry is busted.
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't drive mine today as I am in kansas and it is in south texas, but my wife did go out into the garage for me and fire it up. Rev'ed it a few times with me on the phone. I almost broke into tears at the sound of it running without me there.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post

The photo wasn't taken today but I did drive her to work.

There was nothing special around here to do so we drove this one to dinner.

Now maybe we will drive this one to go get ice cream.

Number four will just have to stay at home (mostly a parts car now).

[This message has been edited by ARKaiser (edited 06-01-2010).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Drove mine to work today ..... as always ... WITH PRIDE!

As I used to have in my signature...

Pontiac Prestiege, Pontiac Passion, Pontiac POWER!

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
^^^^^SUPER SWEET^^^^^nice ride boss, love them rims!

well since i was out this taking pics morning early and posted some noon pics i thought i would get some sunset shots.
GOOD NIGHT PONTIAC! rest in peace you KING of the road! Farewell!

dang after resizing some of these i just realized i took about 170 pictures today.....WOW!
Pontiac Tribute Day is now concluded.....now back to your regular schedualed programming......
later
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-01-2010).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
Drove mine today. In fact, I also bought it today. 88 Formula.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I didn't drive the Fiero today....the forecast of severe storms turned out to be right on the mark for a change. We had a local show and shine planned, and I was going to go to that, but when you have tornadoes in the area, and hail the size of golfballs, you tend to leave it in the garage. I DID, however, drive my wife's '94 Grand Prix today, so at least, I DID drive a Pontiac.
thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
Drove the wife's 85 to and from work, just as I always do, but it was a little sadder knowing that Pontiac is no more
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I drove my 88 GT from Florida to Decatur, Al through some torrential thunderstorms. I stayed dry except at a refuel stop and the gas pump wouldn't accept the credit card. I think the storms killed the authorization connection as others were having the same problems.. Got drencked waiting for authorisation approval.
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
We had 5 Fieros show up at our event...no other Pontiacs were even in the parking lot....
good bbq at Woody's though....
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Direct Link to This Post
Pontiac day for me is an everyday thing lol I own nothing else.

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
1985 Fiero GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix
now1987 fiero cp

msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesDirect Link to This Post
I'm happy to say that I was finally able to drive my '86 Fiero GT SC yesterday and then got to drive it more today. Still working on some bugs after about 10 years of bad storage for it!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock