Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Anyone sell Fiero Paint in the OEM Plenum Color?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Anyone sell Fiero Paint in the OEM Plenum Color? by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 05-30-2010 11:44 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: TopNotch on 06-01-2010 05:27 PM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Rather than mix and match; I'd like to know if anyone sells spray cans of the orange / red color that was used by GM to paint the plenum and the valve covers. I know that some people use a type of fire engine red but I'd like to have a closer match. Anyone know who might carry it?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I bought a can of Buick engine red but i will tell you it is a lighter shade but you are looking for a Buick red if it is a 2.8.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Duplicolor sells high heat GM orange/red. I bought some at auto zone. Looks to be a good match.

------------------

Sad to say this is the best looking part of the car so far!

Donnie

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-31-2010 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
I got some high heat red caliper paint at AutoZone, to paint my LS2 intake. It's pretty much a perfect match, but might be do to the LS2 intake being black composite material instead of aluminum.
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I have repainted valve covers, intake plenum, etc using Duplicolor high temp Ford Red. Its very close to the FIero's color. I painted my wife's valve covers and intake plenum on her Fiero, and she got many compliments on how good it looked last year!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SHW-DE1605/

You may also find it at AutoZone or Advance Auto (maybe other stores too)
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
The color I found to be an exact match was Duplicolor Chysler Engine Red engine paint. I painted my valve covers and not my plennum and they are identical in color.

Shelby
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^ I've seen the work Shelby did to the engine he's talking about and indeed it's a spot on match. You can't tell it apart from the OEM color.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you guys have some secret paint colors to share. I'll check them out at AZ. Thanks.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
I find that Duplicolor Chrysler red engine paint is pretty close to my plenum.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock