Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The Tyler Shipman Memorial Show needs YOUR help!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

The Tyler Shipman Memorial Show needs YOUR help! by Synthesis
Started on: 05-28-2010 01:02 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Danyel on 06-13-2010 09:17 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
We need to get the word out to as many car forums and car shows as possible!

If you are a member on any other car/truck/motorcycle forums, please post the show flyer listed at the bottom of this post.

Tell the story your way, or copy and paste what I have written below to simplify spreading the word!

If you are attending any other car shows around the US, Fiero specific or not, please print the flyers at the bottom and distribute them!

Spread the word!

The Fiero community responded in force. A soldier serving in Iraq saw Tyler's plea, and stepped up to the plate.
3 weeks after Tyler posted on the forum, 25 people from the Fiero community arrived in Tyler's home town of Frazee, MN.
Supported by literally hundreds of people from the Fiero community, the community of Frazee, MN and the surrounding area, these 25 people, along with countless others rebuilt Tyler's car in a marathon 23 hour rebuild.
The entire build was broadcast publicly on the internet with full video, audio and live chat on www.tylerstoy.com. Needless to say, the chat room was hopping at all hours of the day. All of the build videos are still available on that site, along with news stories.
Tyler has since moved on to the Great Twisties in the sky. A genuine car enthusiast, a genuine person, he will be missed.
Help the Pontiac Fiero community and the town of Frazee, MN celebrate the life and memory of Tyler Shipman at the First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, July 23rd, 24th, and 25th in Frazee, MN.
All proceeds will be donated to the MeritCare Foundation, Roger Maris Cancer Center research.
Help us spread the word!

Flyers:

Image is the "Web flyer", clicking the image will take you to the high-res printable version.

Printable PDF of the same flyer is here.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I'm SO on it!

vrossiter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if it'll help a whole lot this far south, but I will definately hang out some flyers. Looking forward to the festivities, hopefully I get the time off work.
Vince
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
posted on the z31 forum
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Roger that, posting this to my Cobalt forum.. There are some hot rides over there. Congratulations and deep appreciation go to everyone that helped get this going!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Wish I'd seen this sooner. After looking it over "as a stranger" I was thinking to my self what's drawing me to this show. Why would I go out of my way to get there if I'm not a local. There's no mention of who Tyler is. The page is very well done just need a back page for some references to tylerstoy.com. Also may be a good thing to say tents are welcome.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea...but....if all bookings must be made by May 24th and this is posted on the 28th....
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I like the idea...but....if all bookings must be made by May 24th and this is posted on the 28th....

Bookings can still be made. The flyer is out of date...

Call in!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top! Keep spreading the word! I am Google searching various key words about the show, and not seeing many results..

Get the word out!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Is there any way we can get the annual memorial carshow on the site?
http://www.tylerstoy.com/
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if anybody would like to read Tyler's Mum's blog...so I take the liberty of posting a link here...hope nobody minds. So far away,not much I can do except read everything on the Forum.
http://daneeleshipman.blogspot.com/
God Bless...wish I could come too
Nick
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I was wondering if anybody would like to read Tyler's Mum's blog...so I take the liberty of posting a link here...hope nobody minds. So far away,not much I can do except read everything on the Forum.
http://daneeleshipman.blogspot.com/
God Bless...wish I could come too
Nick

Thank you Nick
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
I have tried doing my part the last two weekends:

June 4th: Rumble in the Valley in Shakeopee
June 5th: Cars & Coffee in Chanhassen

June12th: Samaritan Tire Show in Minnetonka.

Handed out a few flyers. A lot of people knew or had heard Tyler's story and thought it was a wonderful thing the was done. Quite a number of people thought the Stinger was Tyler's car.

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 06-13-2010).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing a temp page for the annual .... should be on tonight

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Temporary page is up ... refresh your web browser ... http://www.tylerstoy.com

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock