A plea for help.... by eldervampire
Started on: 05-28-2010 01:31 AM
Replies: 26
Last post by: MidEngineManiac on 06-06-2010 12:16 PM
eldervampire

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireDirect Link to This Post
Hi all, I'm coming here because I've run out of options. And I am in dire need of some help

Here is what happened.

Last month, I had to go and have emergency surgery done. My gall bladder shut down, so it had to be removed. Due to this, I missed 15 days of work. I only had 3 sick days, so I pretty much had a $300 pay check. My In-laws own the building where my wife, our 8 year old daughter and I live. I called him up and told him the situation. He knows that due to my wife loosing her job and having her unemployment cut, we, like many others, live paychack to paycheck. A few days later he called and asked about his rent. I explained to him that I was goiong to cash out my vacation to try to sell my 1982 Buick to pay him off. A few days later the mother-in-law calls my wife. She said that her husband was through with us and she would be handling things, we told her the exact same thing. My vacation check was coming in the next few days from California and I was still trying to sell my car. My sister-in-law came by to see my wife that following Tuesday to see my wife and find out how I am recovering. Her and my wife were talking about the events of the past few days. My wife, concerned over money issues, her husband recovering from surgery and her parents acting like we are deadbeats, talked to her sister about these things, like siblings do, venting. Well, this female went back to her mother and told her that my wife feels like we are being taken advantage of. A far cry from what was really said. The mother in law called later and started screaming at my wife, calling her an ungreatful B!@ch, and evicted us. But the story doesn't end here, we found a nice little apartmet that needed some work done in the bathroom, I offered to do the work instead of paying a security deposit. The landlord agreed, so last Thursday, my wife and I went to begin work at the new place. When we got there we found the bathroom ceiling caving in and water leaking everywhere. I called the landlord and while I was witing for him to pick up the phone, a guy shows up and slaps a forclosure notice on the front door and slides a letter into the mailbox. So at this point we are homeless, we went back our apartment to regroup. We have less than 2 weeks to find a place we can afford and get out of Dodge. So I called my best friend who relocated to Kentucky 6 years ago, to seek some comfort. To my surprise, he told me that the house next store to him just became vacant. He encouraged us to call the owner. So I did. Well, he offered us the house for $350 a month with the option to buy it with our rent being used like mortgage payments. He had his lawyer fax an agreement to me and I had it looked over. It was a sound deal that allowed us to exit the deal if the house did not meet our approval upon inspection, and just rent the house. My Boss here is trying to arrange a transfer for me to the nearest office. So I finally sold my project car, and had to sell my dining set and a few computer parts, to get the money up for the move. Yesterday, I got a phone call from the owner of the house, telling that the house is unfurnished. I told him I didn't expect it to be, but I have a full house of furniture. He told me that the house doesn't have any appliances. So I began to look for a stove, and refrigerator. I can't even find a used one of either in my price range. So I am hoping that someone here may have a used and or unwanted electric stove or a fridge that is either near Chicago or Hickman Kentucky for free or the serious cheap. I have only been able to find them for $100 each, but I can't swing $200 on top of the cost of the move.

I feel bad coming in here and looking for help, but I really have no other options open to me. I have sold everything I can already. It's a matter of having the funds now vs on the 11th of June. I can be reached here, pm or at the following number until Saturday 5/29/10
773-282-8744 at which time I will be on my way to Kentucky.

Thank you for listening, and god bless

Michal
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
If we could ship them or somthing i might have a washer dryer and fridge you can almost have.. Were moving my grandmother out of her house and have no need for the stuff. Ill ask my dad if he's willing to part with them. We cant part with the stove however. It needs to go with the house.
Jordan87SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jordan87SESend a Private Message to Jordan87SEDirect Link to This Post
i would offer some help but im in no way to help anyone let alone able to support myself. it very unfortunate to hear about your situation. i really wish you the best of luck
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I don't think shipping them would be an option for me PK, I really can't afford to right now. But thank you for thinking of it.
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeDirect Link to This Post
Like PK, I'm just too far away to help. But I've always found craigslist to be extremely helpful in situations just like yours. Browse the "free" section for the stuff you need. It usually comes up quick and may be gone before you know it was there. Be dilligent and patient. Kinda like fishing. Search all the lists that are along your way on the trip. If you find what you need, ask the offerer to hold onto it for you until you get there. Sometimes they will. Worse comes to worse you can exist on coolers, a microwave and a hotplate for a little while. Make it an adventure. Our family was in the same situation at one point. Sure makes me appreciate the little things that we tend to take for granted. Resources like CL and computers for that matter didn't exist for us then. Take care. I wish you good luck.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Hey man,
Very sorry to hear of your difficulties. I have been in a similar situation before in my life years ago and I can tell you it was not fun. Sometimes family relationships however good intended can become very heated and it seems like no matter what you say it is only time apart that can let heads cool down and feelings mend. I am in east Tennessee, I would try to help you but I looked on the map and you are moving to the far western part of the state. That is like an 8 hour ride one way. I cannot do that in my financial situation. I do however have some suggestions. When you get to the new house, Post an ad on cragislist in the wanted section asking for a washer or stove or whatever. It has been my experience that if you are sincere and are in need people will help if they can. It also never ceases to amaze me the generosity of people on the internet. I have a real problem with my garage doors on my home and money is very tight. I posted an ad looking for some cheap or free garage doors like the ones I had and got several offers for free doors to replace them. I was kinda stunned at the generosity.... I would certainly do that. Another option is your church, a lot of times if you are in need of help, they may not be able to hand you money but they will be able to help you out with food for you and your family. If you do not have to pay for food for a little while you can maybe afford to BUY a cheap used stove or washer or whatever. Another idea is to post a barter ad on craigslist offering to do some odd jobs in exchange for a used stove or whatever it is you need and you can do that in your spare time... There is always a way to get the help you need if you truly need it. Good luck and be careful with the move... peace

Pete
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
If your passing through Indianapolis you can have my washing machine. Just bought a new one this morning :-)
Also my sister just got a new fridge. The old one isn't pretty but hey, it works.

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 05-28-2010).]

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
we just sold a washer on craigslist for $50

ill keep my eye out my little bro is always getting deals on stuff his gf's dad doesn't want

[This message has been edited by Foxy Fiero13 (edited 05-28-2010).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Let's keep this bumped. The man is moving from chicago to kentucky tomorrow and time is running short. I've already offered up my fridge and washing machine, He still needs an electric stove and a dryer. C'mon, let's help out a brother!
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireDirect Link to This Post
Well, thanks to Fierogu123, we got a washer and a fridge. So we are more than halfway there. I'd like to tell you folks who don't know, Fieroguy is one great guy. Not because he helped us, but because he sat and talked to me for like an hour about everything from cars to new kittens. Outstanding person, I hope that fate smiles down upon him and his family during their move as well.
So I have my brother looking for an electric stove there and we are looking here, so keep your fingers crossed. And thanks again for all the warm wishes, it means alot to us.

Michal, Amber & Aurora Piercefield
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I wish I had more to offer than just well wishes, but like many others I'm waaay too far away to help. =[ Also, a plus for fieroguy123 for helping out so selflessly.

Good luck!
PFF
System Bot
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireDirect Link to This Post
Let me know if you need hands when you move, I'll make that drive to come and put my back into it, and thank you again man, you are the best. And the wife offered to come and cook for us while we do it.
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireDirect Link to This Post

eldervampire

327 posts
Member since Jan 2006
Well guys, the deal for the fridge fell through, through no fault of Fieroguy I'd like to add. So still looking.......

P.S. And the offer to help you out when you move is still open man, really.

[This message has been edited by eldervampire (edited 05-29-2010).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
Watch craigslist, they have a free section. I have thrown out a few appliances when nobody else wanted them.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Thanks alot mike, I appreciate the offer to help me move! Though I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into :-)
Honestly i doubt I'll need any help, I have alot of family so we probably won't be short handed. However, I would love for you and your family to come visit us at the new place. Let the kids play, the wives talk, and we'll disappear to the garage for a few hours to talk fiero's :-)
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good Bobby, once we all get settled in our new places, we will certainly have to do that. I'm PM-ing you our number in KY, but keep in mind it won't be active until Wednesday the 2nd.
eldervampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eldervampireSend a Private Message to eldervampireDirect Link to This Post

eldervampire

327 posts
Member since Jan 2006
Well, I believe the Father-in-law is beginning to feel guilty. He called and asked how everything was going, and we told him that we are still looking for appliances.
He offered us a used Fridge he has in one of his other buildings. So we have that part covered. Just a stove to go and we should be okay for awhile.....

I am keeping an eye out on craiglook but so far all of the deals are waaaaayyy out there. I don't think that this town has kept up with the information age.
Thanks again for the well wishes everyone, we really appreciate them. It really helps know that there are people who care, especially when they don't even know you.

God Bless
Michal
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
My wife just took off to the grocery store to get some grillin stuff for tomorrow. So we can make it a quick pit stop for you, we'll have dinner ready for the 3 of you when you get here, that way the ladies can eat while we are busy moving the washer to the truck. Any preferences? Dogs? Burgers? Brats? I love em' ALL!

OOOOOH YEAH!
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eldervampire:

I am keeping an eye out on craiglook but so far all of the deals are waaaaayyy out there. I don't think that this town has kept up with the information age.

Be sure to search in the right place, typing anything into the search does not bring up the free stuff listings. You must select the right place to search free stuff listings.
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Direct Link to This Post
unless you will be passing through the cabell/wayne county areas of WV I am unable to help as well.

But I do wish you well and lots of luck.

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
1985 Fiero GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix
now1987 fiero cp

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Man I read all of that and you only want a stove or a few white goods. Sheesh you didn't have to pour your heart out that much I know someone here must have a few second hand white goods you could have. So anyone in Kentucky with an old fridge or stove.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Mike was supposed to come by and pick up the washer yesterday on his way to Ky, but he was a no-call no-show. I hope everything is okay. Don't really know what happened. We grilled out and made dinner for his family, and we went and picked up a $50 gas card for him just to help out a little with gas. I'm not really out of anything, I can use the gas card and eat the food, but I'm a little disappointed. I was looking forward to meeting him because we spent over an hour on the phone and he seems like a really cool guy. So like I said, I hope everything is okay.....
blkpearl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
I live in San Diego so can't really help much but just wanted to send a note of support. Hang in there things will get better. I hope the move works out great for you and improves the whole situation in the future. And hey $350 rent for a house is great. Maybe I should move someday.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Any follow up to all of this? One of you two guys needs to finish this story.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
The finish to this story is that mikes cell phone got lost in yet another unfortunate series of events, and he wasn't able to call me from the road or even access my phone number from anywhere. He did get into touch with me the following day and explained the whole thing. I still think he's a great guy and there's no hard feelings any which way. We plan on getting together once I'm moved to tell city and we live a little closer together. Thanks for your concern though, we both appreciate that......
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I didn't think there was any hate and discontent on either side. I was concerned and curious. Kind of like reading a good book only to find out the last chapter was missing.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
A hint for ANYBODY that fins themselves in need of something important and between a rock and a hard place..

Kijiji has a "free stuff" section, and almost anything you can need is there for the asking or already offered for free. You just have to show up and pick it up.

It will be old with only a few months life left in it--but that is often enough to get by on until life straightens up again.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock