Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Brand New Fiero '88 with only 9 miles...is this for real?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Brand New Fiero '88 with only 9 miles...is this for real? by RotrexFiero
Started on: 05-27-2010 09:43 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Fformula88 on 05-28-2010 11:16 AM
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Take a look for yourself....It's not far from where I am if someone wants me to check it out for them.

http://pittsburgh.craigslis.../cto/1761635147.html

[This message has been edited by RotrexFiero (edited 05-27-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
wish I had 19 grand that car would look good donated to a meuseum
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
If it's the same one I called about about five years ago, it was owned by a dealer and was for sale at that time as I remember for 25 grand. Obviously, I didn't buy the one I'm talking about but, IIRC it was located in PA. Being sold as new, that would mean it would come with the original warranty. I think that was 3 years or 36,000 miles.

Being that it's a GT, I'd probably shock the seller when the first thing I did was replace the fast back with a notchback.

Ron
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
CHOP IT!
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Man.....that is my favorite color combo for a Fiero. My very first Fiero (bought it 20 years ago) was identical to this one and I bought another one in 1997 with 10K miles. If I had the $$ I would be all over this. Even though I think $19K is ridiculous, sometimes nostalgia for things past kicks in and all reason and sanity go out the window......I'd buy it in a New York minute if I had any cash.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
personaly being the kill joy here id stay the hell away from it. for all we know it was in a pontiac storege wearhouse just sitting there no oil change's stale gas rust developing in the engine. Id rather have a fiero with miles on it.
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGDirect Link to This Post
The seller has (or had) 3 new 88's, and 2 additional 88's with less than 5K miles each.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Purple Reign has an 88 GT T-Top car with just barely over 100 miles on it... I have to say the Fiero interior looked a lot better when it was new...

Originally posted by Carver1:

CHOP IT!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
To me its restorable or a great parts car. I wouldnt trust driving it across town. Unless its REALLY professionally stored, it needs more work done than a high miles used one.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

If it's the same one I called about about five years ago, it was owned by a dealer and was for sale at that time as I remember for 25 grand. Obviously, I didn't buy the one I'm talking about but, IIRC it was located in PA. Being sold as new, that would mean it would come with the original warranty. I think that was 3 years or 36,000 miles.

Being that it's a GT, I'd probably shock the seller when the first thing I did was replace the fast back with a notchback.

Ron

Ron, I think more than three years have gone by for warrenty coverage.
daveg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davegSend a Private Message to davegDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

personaly being the kill joy here id stay the hell away from it. for all we know it was in a pontiac storege wearhouse just sitting there no oil change's stale gas rust developing in the engine. Id rather have a fiero with miles on it.

I have one with lots of miles that i would deliver for $19K.

Dave
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
That is not necessarily the case.... If that car was stored properly in a climate controlled environment, it could certainly be in brand new condition, I am sure as well that anyone who would attempt to keep a car in storage for that long would certainly drain it of fluids and put a cover over it. It certainly looks like it was well cared for. I do not remember what the car sold for new but to have a BRAND NEW Fiero Gt that looks that good would certainly be worth something.... I dunno about 19k but I would not be surprised if someone bought it for that.... Just think of the guy who was a nerd back in high school, wanted a fiero GT like a passion and mom said hell no so he waited and got smarter, went to a great college, got a super job and makes some serious dough.... then he happens upon his dream car in the exact same condition as the one he sat in at the dealer back in 86 and just gotta have it now..... that is what got me back into fieros, I wanted one like crazy when I was a kid but the parents said hell no....Now I am trying to make the fiero of my dreams years later.... never doubt the ability of people to pay for what they want..... peace

Pete

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
In 1987, my new GT had a sticker of a little over $16 K, maybe by 88 they were $17 k?. Inflation hasn't done anything for the price of the car, but 19K wouldn't be a bad deal for a new car. If you want a new 22 year old car.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
I have a friend that owns a Corvette with very low miles like that Fiero. He took it to a show and when he tried to drive home the clutch went away. It lost both master and slave cylinders, and according to the dealer the throw out bearing was seized up too. $1800.00 later he drove his low mile vette home.

It does not hurt to drive them at least once a month, and get them up to full operating temps. Beautiful car, except that the original black water based paint and clearcoat would not last very long here in the desert southwest
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, that looks really nice. However, the devil is in the details. There is a good chance it will need a lot of seals and gaskets replaced, and maybe other work done if someone really wanted to drive it. That is a long time to sit for a car.

At this point, it's best use would be as a trailer queen.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock