What is a GT worth ?? by Todds 86 GT
Started on: 05-25-2010 12:25 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: starlightcoupe on 05-26-2010 09:19 AM
Todds 86 GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Todds 86 GTSend a Private Message to Todds 86 GTDirect Link to This Post
Im trying to sell a 1986 GT, The car is all orginal no modifications done to it. The car has no body damage or rust. It has been well take care of. Im the 2nd owener of the car and i have all the Doc's that came with the car since new. Here is what the car has
99xxx miles on it
New Proformance Tires
Am/Fm/ Cassette with Proformance Sound
Tilt wheel
Cruse Control
Power Windows
Power Locks
Power Truck Release
A/C that is the R 12 sytem that works
Everything works, headlights, guages, windows,
the car is Gold in color and Gray on the bottom. I Have been trying to sell it for $ 3,800.00
My Question is what is a car like this worh or am i way out of the ballpark ?? thanks for any input. Todd

[This message has been edited by Todds 86 GT (edited 05-25-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Todds 86 GT:

Im trying to sell a 1986 GT, The car is all orginal no modifications done to it. The car has no body damage or rust. It has been well take care of. Im the 2nd owener of the car and i have all the Doc's that came with the car since new. Here is what the car has
99xxx miles on it
New Proformance Tires
Am/Fm/ Cassette with Proformance Sound
Tilt wheel
Cruse Control
Power Windows
Power Locks
Power Truck Release
A/C that is the R 12 sytem that works
Everything works, headlights, guages, windows,
the car is Gold in color and Gray on the bottom. I Have been trying to sell it for $ 3,800.00
My Question is what is a car like this worh or am i way out of the ballpark ?? thanks for any input. Todd

Sounds like a nice car. Hard to say what they are worth untill you sell it. I have a very modified 87 GT Choptop and can not sell it. Most people buying a Fiero want a $500.00 one it is very hard to sell nice Fieros.

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 05-25-2010).]

fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
FWIW, I noticed on ebay and craigslist that asking prices for the fastbacks are up quite a bit, but nobody seems to be selling them.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Todds 86 GT:

. I Have been trying to sell it for $ 3,800.00

Todd....the car has no value. Sign the title, put it under the floor mat, and load it prepaid on a truck and ship it to El Paso....I will dispose of it for you.

Seriously, it sounds like a nice car, and it looks nice on your Craigslist ad (but I'm partial to Gold Fieros, my first new one in 1986 was gold). I think you're in the ballpark on pricing it, it just might take a little longer if you stick to your guns.....and of course, you'll get some lowballers. Unless you need to move it immediatly, I would stay close to what you're asking. I'm glad you're not closer.....I'd be tempted. The last time I went to Colorado, my 88 coupe followed me home.

Good luck with your sale.
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Honestly there are not many of these around lately. Gold Fastbacks I mean.

If your car has original gold paint and the clear coat is in good shape it is rarer still. If the car still has its original GT sail windows and they are not cracked or hazing that is a big plus. If the Tail lights are not cracked or de-laminating that is another plus. Seats in good shape, original and no rips or holes?

If the car is in really good shape it should easily get your $3,800 asking price. Maybe more if it is in really nice shape.

Out of curiosity, where have you been trying to sell it?

Can you post some pictures of it, or email them to me and I can post them here for you and perhaps you will get a better idea of what you should expect.

------------------

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

FieroMonkey

3294 posts
Member since Nov 2002
I think I found it.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1757707933.html

looks good from what I can see. Luggage racks might be a deterrent for some buyers.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
http://home.xnet.com/~paulv/Price%20Guide.htm

Too bad this link isn't a sticky so this question isn't asked evert week.

Any car is worth what some one is willing to pay.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Well, not to sound rude, but the gold color can turn off some buyers. I know I pass up some Fieros because of their color.
Todds 86 GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Todds 86 GTSend a Private Message to Todds 86 GTDirect Link to This Post
You did find it, ya the luggage rack did seem strange when i got her, the orginal owener paid extra to have the rack insted of the wing. The paint is good, tail lights are good no cracks and the same with the sail windows. the orginal owner kept it in the garage most of its life. the paint has some faid to it. the seats have the normal small ware patten when getting in, no other holes, I do have another seat back cover to put on, just dont have the time now to put it on. the car is great. a few people have came to look and was very suprised on the shap for an 86 car. they say that you cant believe the junk out there for sale. Just need to find someone to pony up some money.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

http://home.xnet.com/~paulv/Price%20Guide.htm

Too bad this link isn't a sticky so this question isn't asked evert week.

Any car is worth what some one is willing to pay.

Todd,
I would contact Mr. Vargyas at the bottom of that link that Old Lar posted. He could definately point you in the right direction and give some pointers on selling and valuing a Fiero...
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Well, not to sound rude, but the gold color can turn off some buyers. I know I pass up some Fieros because of their color.

And by the same token, some of us really like the gold.
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I bet it is also automatic. I would say anything stick shift 88 has the highest interest. It goes backwards from there except for things like a good Indy or T-tops. Market for cars is still very bad. See car auctions if you don't beleive me. Like an 89 Corvette with 1000+ miles in the $20ks?
Todds 86 GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Todds 86 GTSend a Private Message to Todds 86 GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for everyones input. I wasn't sure about the Gold color as well, untill I seen it. So the trade off was to buy the Gold car that was well taken care of that didnt need any work. or buy a diffrent color car that has been run into the ground and needed to be fixed up. so I figure if the Gold bothered me too much, I would just do a color change and be money ahead. In most cases i would need to fix the body, repaint and still have a car that needed a lot of work.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Hang in there with your price. I saw this one http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1759878163.html posted this morning. At least it is in the ballpark. If you can afford to wait, take it off craigslist, repost it for $4200 and let people talk you to the price you want.

We have a fairlyactive Fiero bunch here in the Springs so post it on our craigslist, in Pueblo and Cheyenne. And don't forget Fort Collins, etc. I have three craigslist accounts using three different emails and when I post something, I get calls from all over. It works for me.

Good luck selling it, Todd.

Richard

Edited to include other craigslist cities.

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 05-26-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock