Started on: 05-25-2010 01:15 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: ICCAMDFIERO on 06-07-2010 12:55 AM
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Here we go again.......after finally getting the engine dialed in enough ( un tuned still ) to not self destruct, which by the way the previous engine issues were from the machinist NOT degreeing in the Cam Again transmission upgrades were needed as the current engine snapped a treated input shaft. 300M input shaft, 2750 Stall custom converter, 1" GMR chain & gears currently. Made it through 2 seasons without breaking anything........except melted rubber
Were off to breaking axles been looking for that trans fluid leak for a while.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 05-25-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroFiend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFiendSend a Private Message to FieroFiendDirect Link to This Post
Theres times when breaking stuff is both invigorating and depressing at the same time
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
True that !!!! I was really tired of a blown engine or trans slowing things down.

------------------

MINNESOTA MAFIA Real men get blown If you're going to run your mouth make sure the proof isn't all over the net that you're full of sh!t.
87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's 372 rwhp & tuning____88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 000,194.4 miles
87 GT custom______90 Grand prix STE Turbo_____2007GSXR 1000
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, Ya want to hit it, but are afraid of the consequences.
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH
If your'e not living on the edge..........you're taking up too much room.
Best Fiero mounts available

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Axles, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Unfortunately as one thing is upgraded, the next weakest will break... the trick is building something where the weakest link is in an easy location to repair it when it breaks. Axles are a lot easier than input shafts at least

------------------

SKIDMARK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SKIDMARKSend a Private Message to SKIDMARKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

Axles, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Unfortunately as one thing is upgraded, the next weakest will break... the trick is building something where the weakest link is in an easy location to repair it when it breaks. Axles are a lot easier than input shafts at least

The real trick is finding stuff that doesn't break!
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SKIDMARK:

The real trick is finding stuff that doesn't break!

That's a catch too though - if you DO build it with stuff that won't break ever, and the engine doesn't care, you end up making more changes to give more power, and you end up back at square one with more random stuff breaking. Trouble is, if you've built everything else out of the strongest materials feasible, it ends up being things you wouldn't consider that break. Ends of crankshafts n' such.

------------------

ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
Well you should build some really nice axles to handle those new upgrades on that tranny. Then you should make some more and offer them with your other parts, so I canhave some really nice axles for my car Just some pictures of your car at the dells run, Beautiful car!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock