Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  anyone in the Madison WI area that can do engine swap and/or paint?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

anyone in the Madison WI area that can do engine swap and/or paint? by faaaaq
Started on: 05-23-2010 03:43 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: faaaaq on 05-23-2010 10:36 PM
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
also door replacement lol. need that before paint. and something is weird with my headlight doors...but thats prolly a 5 minute fix. will finally be able to fix up my Fiero soon (if i dont get that Formula, that is). so if i keep my current Fiero, im going to need to find a way to get the engine swapped out (to either a 2.8 or a 3.4, maybe a 3800 if i can afford it), get the passenger door replaced/repaired, and the whole thing painted. i would be willing to pay of course, i just dont wanna get ripped off by a typical shop. ya at least gotta have one or two trusted PFF members vouch for you if you are a low-post-count member.

dont need it now but i WILL need it soon, so trying t oget everything partly worked out so im not scrambling to get it all together at the last minute
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Mark (Firefox) is in the Chicago area. He does paint, and I think Archie still does engine swaps.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 05-23-2010).]

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
Chicago and archie are a bit further than I was hoping lol. And archie, I have no doubt of his skills, I'm just not sure I could afford his services
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
See this post. Maybe we could help you.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080984.html

Steve
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

See this post. Maybe we could help you.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080984.html

Steve

yea, i saw that post already, but i didnt want to hijack it or go thru individually asking if anyone would be able to help lol
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
join the club.....doesn't cost anything!

Steve
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
lol id easily be the least active and least helpful person in it. im super shy and dont know much about cars. im gunna start up a little club with some friends maybe, but thats gunna be a club more oriented towards audio.

i was invited to some tuner club by my buddies, they kinda had a hand in starting it....but me and tuners dont get along too well lol.

idk, we'll see what happens when i start getting my paychecks, maybe money will make me more social lol
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Mark (Firefox) is in the Chicago area. He does paint, and I think Archie still does engine swaps.

I'm actually near Waukesha, Wi just west of Milwaukee off of I-43 in New Berlin. I still do paint but I'm tied up at least until August but I'm sure I could help out in some way. Archie does the SBC swap and he's near Rockford, Ill right of fof I-90 in Machesney Park, Il.

Mark

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

I'm actually near Waukesha, Wi just west of Milwaukee off of I-43 in New Berlin. I still do paint but I'm tied up at least until August but I'm sure I could help out in some way. Archie does the SBC swap and he's near Rockford, Ill right of fof I-90 in Machesney Park, Il.

Mark

wont be able to afford a SBC swap probably. looking more into a 3800 or a 3.4. i wont be doing the paint till augustish anyways lol, still gotta get my door and front panel fixed first. ill hit you up around then if i remember and see if youd be willing to do it. what do you charge btw? can PM me if youd prefer
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
Cost depends on the car. When you are ready, drop me a PM. I'll be here. You driving your car to the Dells in 2 weeks? Bring it up and we'll talk.

Mark
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
no, wont be going to the dells. didnt get registered and i dont think im up for that long of a drive with no AC lol. not to mention my car is acting up again.... ran out of gas and died, and after i filled it up it ran fine, but ive been having trouble starting it since then
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

lol id easily be the least active and least helpful person in it. im super shy and dont know much about cars. im gunna start up a little club with some friends maybe, but thats gunna be a club more oriented towards audio.

i was invited to some tuner club by my buddies, they kinda had a hand in starting it....but me and tuners dont get along too well lol.

idk, we'll see what happens when i start getting my paychecks, maybe money will make me more social lol

Hey faaaq join up I already told ya I would help u change that door for free!! plus I think we could handle a swap between all the guys that are already members! look at our page steve is parting out a notchy right now and he prob has a door that will work for ya!!
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Hey faaaq join up I already told ya I would help u change that door for free!! plus I think we could handle a swap between all the guys that are already members! look at our page steve is parting out a notchy right now and he prob has a door that will work for ya!!

lol you cant rely on my memory . ill check out that thread maybe tomorrow morning, if not itll have to wait till next weekend lol

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock