Started on: 05-22-2010 12:15 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Tony Kania on 06-03-2010 07:09 PM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXClick Here to Email fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Was playing with a 68 charger earlier today about a mile away from my shop. In this area of Wichita where every street that intersects with the main road, there is a ramp in the far right lane. The Charger hit the gas, I did too and as I passed him there was an intersecting street coming up. Well I tried to move into the left lane, I mean I was about 20 car lengths in front of the Charger in about 2 seconds. At this point I was about in the middle and was angling at the ramp. I tried to correct it back but it was too late and the car left the ground. While it was in the air it rotated clockwise back square with the road but when it came down it corrected the other direction. I heard the tires chirp as it came down and the car bounced. I was heading toward the curb. I then started drifting back the other direction and it suddenly straightened out and all was good. Man what an adrenaline rush. Nothing broke, all is well. I bet that guy in the Charger about pooped when he saw me pull out of that one.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTClick Here to Email IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.....
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Scary....?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Holy krap ..... must of been sweatin bullets.........glad to know all is fine...

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageClick Here to Email Jarhead 2m4Send a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Are you sure the car is good? I know I would have pinched a hole in the seat.
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikClick Here to Email ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
sounds like you cant handle it

get a Prius
blackrams

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...++Results!&replyto=0

Originally posted by Valkyrie:

The "It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time" Award (Member most likely to break/wreck his/her Fiero.)
Gold: pontiackid86, Silver: FieroX, Bronze: N3M3S1S

The "Is There an Officer, problem?" Award (Member most likely to be ticketed because of his/her Fiero.)
Gold: pontiackid86, Silver: FieroX
Enjoy your awards everyone, you've earned them!

Predictions?

Glad you pull that one out.

Ron
billpapps

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
Do you know why the car left the ground? Are ya sure it did?

I don't have a fast Fiero. But I do have a very fast car.
I had just changed rear tires from sticky mickeys to plain street tires.
I had very similar thing happen to me when getting on a on ramp to I-40
Rolling into the throttle I can feel the car start to float as the big engine
picks up my little car with forward rush.
As I am crossing lanes to pass the car in front.I here the cars engine bouncing of the rev limiter.
I feel a lose of control and a drift to the right as the car is falling to the ground with a chirp.
Things can happen really fast when ya lose ya hook. Losing traction under acceleration
can feel like you left the ground.
I'm asking because you didn't say if ya was still on the gas when moving into the left lane.

Edit-- Because I was really wondering why car left the ground.

[This message has been edited by billpapps (edited 05-22-2010).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I was just out in the country cruising in the AMG SL once, prob doing 80-100 and hit an unexpected little hill with a dip on the other side. There were no other cars even in sight. I went airborne, but came down straight and true. tires chirped and exhaust hit the ground. Scary, but didnt do anything to it. Pretty sure my pulse went up for a while, lol. Pretty sure at the dip part I was prob a foot or two off the pavement.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaClick Here to Email jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
First you say it, then you do it. How does one get a crap stain out of a Fiero seat.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 05-22-2010).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFClick Here to Email Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Glad nobody, nor the car was hurt.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsClick Here to Email drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
How do you get away with it? If I drove like that they'd have my license within 6 months. Glad it came out ok for you.
deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post
Good Lord!!!

Glad your ok!!

You Need to to park that car....I still need to bug the crap out of you during my swap.....Can't do that if your laid up and getting your nourishment through a straw
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeyClick Here to Email FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

I bet that guy in the Charger about pooped when he saw me pull out of that one.

literary gold right there! haha.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Nice save!

I spun going 110+ I went over an 8"-10" curb and continued the 360s in the grass. Nothing was damaged and the alignment stayed true. I believe I went airborne when I flipped around backwards I only left one small black mark on the curb, My car is lowered and I don't know how I didn't flip it, kill myself and the passenger. I don't take people for "rides" anymore or use mismatched bald all season tires.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec3
11.74@123

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 05-23-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
If you lose rear traction at speed it is the same as doing air as nothing is on the road.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXClick Here to Email fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

How do you get away with it? If I drove like that they'd have my license within 6 months. Glad it came out ok for you.

Cali vs Kansas. Kansas = win in that department.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-03-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Seeing as I am getting bashed about my street racing comments.... Street racing bad. (Said in my best caveman voice.)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock