MAD ARCH QUESTION..... by SMTHGT
Started on: 05-21-2010 01:54 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: SMTHGT on 05-24-2010 10:04 PM
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if he sells the pieces seperately..?? I am just interested in a few on the pieces after looking at the pieces seperate... I will be modifying them, so.... Thanks

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Most of the time i would say yes HE would most likely sell you just the pieces you want. but with post like this HE might not want your business. But than Archie is a bigger man than me.

Well, first off I am not going to jump on the "CLETUS BANDWAGON"... There are DOZENS of shops and MORE PROFESSIONAL MECHANICS working on Fiero doing the SAME things that he does... INCLUDING CHOPTOPS.... I am not bashing Archie, just stating facts. I understand that he has done alot for Fiero performance and styling (choptpps/bodykits) ... BUT, He wasnt even the first to do either... Now this is just one persons opinion, not everyones just to be clear.... YES, I will get some negatives for this from the "CLETUS CLAN" But, thats ok... someone had to say it. +'s are welcome too...

proud member of the Cletus Clan
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

DL10

2350 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Sorry I forgot this next post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:
I never said anything bad about CLETUS... I JUST SAID HE was not the first to do it all, and there are lots of people working on Fieros that are MORE PROFESSIONAL... I have talked to hom a few time on the phone and he was smug. really a a$$hole. I have talked to others on the phone and not gotten "THE ATTITUDE".... thats all aLI am saying..
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
You know, kinda makes me wish that I had done the same thing everyone else was doing when they were puttin the hate on that bondo queen you had for so many years.

If you come off as this much of a jerk on the phone, it's no wonder people don't want to be nice to you on the phone.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-21-2010).]

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
still confused about all this drama lol.....great work is great work.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much as these were not for me but for another fiero owner that I am doing the work for.... Thank you for your responses as this is the reason for the comments that you quoted me on... Thank you DL10, Archie...
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Thank you so much as these were not for me but for another fiero owner that I am doing the work for.... Thank you for your responses as this is the reason for the comments that you quoted me on... Thank you DL10, Archie...

So let me get this straight........In your little world it's alright to make derogatory comments about a mans work ,name and phone skills in one thread and than expect him to treat you unbiased in another?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

So let me get this straight........In your little world it's alright to make derogatory comments about a mans work ,name and phone skills in one thread and than expect him to treat you unbiased in another?

I am not doing this in this thread... If you want to bash me.. 214~434~8427 THREAD CLOSED forgot to add that I dont answer blocked calls.

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 05-21-2010).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I don't think I have ever seen a thread go downhill so fast.
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I don't think I'm bashing you.........just trying to understand your logic........... I have never once said anything bad about you or your SmoothGT. I always have admiration for the guys who can make their own creations. I also believe in treating others like they treat me. I'm not the better man who can walk the other way.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I don't think I'm bashing you.........just trying to understand your logic........... I have never once said anything bad about you or your SmoothGT. I always have admiration for the guys who can make their own creations. I also believe in treating others like they treat me. I'm not the better man who can walk the other way.

please give me a quick call or pm me your # so I can explain to you what I am saying or have said B E F O R E i post a response to you. I realllly think I am being misunderstood.. please

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 05-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
hrm, lets try to save this thread...

whatcha think bout htat?
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

hrm, lets try to save this thread...

whatcha think bout htat?

<---- this picture makes me do that...
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

whatcha think bout htat?

Um.... yeah...
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Y'all wanna keep this crap to PM's? It's getting old and annoying.....

As for the original posters question, I think I remember Archie stating one way or the other (I forget which direction) in the thread where he developed these pieces.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

put the popcorn away... lol my phone hasnt rang, so THREAD CLOSED.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Direct Link to This Post
smthgt...why does some one need to call you? if you posted those comments then explain yourself in a post. who is bashing you if the are simply repostng your post. i am fairly new here but i have been here long enough to know that when certain people call archie "cletus" (which is a cool name btw) they are trying to bash him (i do know about the anti archie group). i looked into this post because it asked about the mad arch. i have done business with ARCHIE, i read about the mad arch kit and did some research. i asked questions via pm, email and in posts and was answered promptly. when i called his shop he spoke to me in a professional manner and was very helpful. i ordered the kit via telephone and he shipped it quickly and very well packed. the price was reasonable so i don't know what more you could ask for...i wish everyone i did business with was as helpful and upstanding. . . not to mention, how many people that were involved in the fiero aftermarket are still here.
so if you don't mind, why don't you explain what you meant here, as you posted those comments here.
this way we all will know what you meant and be able to understand what is being misunderstood.

please don't take this as an attack, i am just asking a question.
al
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
You know I really think people should look at the thread that my original comments were posted. Someone else callec him Cletus and I just thought it was funny and followed suit. I also said Archie has done alot for Fiero performance and styling. I never said one bad thing about his business. Others come on here and talk extremely bad about him. I NEVER said anything bad EXCEPT that I talked to him and he was smug... I only said he wasnt professional to me. I also just said he wasnt the first to do it all (choptop/bodykits). That pissed people off. If I thought sooo badly about Archie, then why would I even start this thread to put his parts on a Fiero that I am doing work too..?? I was just pointing out that others do what Archie does. Thats all.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I believe that Cletus is his first name, Archie is his last name, or that's the impression I've gotten. Archie may be short for something?? Not really any of my business though.

And he has put out very neat parts for our little cars.

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 05-23-2010).]

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I believe that Cletus is his first name, Archie is his last name, or that's the impression I've gotten. Archie may be short for something?? Not really any of my business though.

listen, earlier in this thread you said you were tired of this crap... so stay out of it. You are just trying to stir the pot more.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

listen, earlier in this thread you said you were tired of this crap... so stay out of it. You are just trying to stir the pot more.

SMTHGT, I'm not here to bash you, but I am curious. Whatever became of the SmoothGT that you were doing all of those body mods on? Did it ever reach finalization? You don't have to answer me in here, you can send a PM if you want. I didn't want to hijack your thread, but I was just wondering because that car always peaked my interest.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
If i was ordering from a fiber glasser with a mould which i have in past is asked for exacly what i want the parts non finished rough not sanded or bondoed and just the part of the rough cast so that you desired. You save money they save time and you get the part of the mould you want and not the rest. I am sure archie would like most be happy to cast only what you need for an agreed price.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone know if he sells the pieces seperately..?? I am just interested in a few on the pieces after looking at the pieces seperate... I will be modifying them, so.... Thanks

If I needed this information, I would PM or E-mail Archie.

IMO, you do not need to start a post asking everyone else, ask the man who is selling the product.

His answer would be yes or no. If it's no, then live with it.

If you don't get along over the phone, so be it. I don't care/(need) to know.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
it is ok, i am just going to make the pieces myself instead of modifying Archies... thanks for all responses. I am sorry it i started any trouble, didnt mean to. If I thought soooo bad of Archie i never would have started this thread.... my apologies
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

SMTHGT, I'm not here to bash you, but I am curious. Whatever became of the SmoothGT that you were doing all of those body mods on? Did it ever reach finalization?

Mr. Hulki... no problems w/ the questions... SmoothGT just needed paint and side windows. I finished the choptop on it and the V8 swap. More/less, yes it was finished. The molds I had made from the widebody and the rear bumperwere thrown out to. After my mom passed away and I was able to move w/ my daughter. Since the whole estate was being challenged by my little sister, I was legally unable to remove my Fiero (SmoothGT). A few months after that I went by the house w/ a legal document to get my car and was told it must have been stolen. I found out later from my sister that my brother sold it for $50.00 to a scrapper that ended up crushing it... I decided to finally move out of east texas and let them have the whole estate and just start over.. thanks for the interest....
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Mr. Hulki... no problems w/ the questions... SmoothGT just needed paint and side windows. I finished the choptop on it and the V8 swap. More/less, yes it was finished. The molds I had made from the widebody and the rear bumperwere thrown out to. After my mom passed away and I was able to move w/ my daughter. Since the whole estate was being challenged by my little sister, I was legally unable to remove my Fiero (SmoothGT). A few months after that I went by the house w/ a legal document to get my car and was told it must have been stolen. I found out later from my sister that my brother sold it for $50.00 to a scrapper that ended up crushing it... I decided to finally move out of east texas and let them have the whole estate and just start over.. thanks for the interest....

Dude that is messed up. I would never forgive them for something like that. But I'm sure there are bigger and better things to come with your creativity. Good luck!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Dude that is messed up. I would never forgive them for something like that. But I'm sure there are bigger and better things to come with your creativity. Good luck!

You know what is really messed up..?? I went by my moms house for the first time in 2 1/2 years and the front door was kicked in, ALL the windows broke out, wall had holes knocked in them, furniture was gone... was very sad. Actually brought me to my knees crying. Last I heard my brother moved to San Antonio, and my sister to Houston. So, as far as me forgiving them... I really dont care if I EVER see them again. Besides them two and my mom, all I had left of my family was my uncle and he passed 3 months ago... I went through a tailspin for a few years but pulled myself out of it thanks to my wife of 3+ years and my kids/grandkids..
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

You know what is really messed up..?? I went by my moms house for the first time in 2 1/2 years and the front door was kicked in, ALL the windows broke out, wall had holes knocked in them, furniture was gone... was very sad. Actually brought me to my knees crying. Last I heard my brother moved to San Antonio, and my sister to Houston. So, as far as me forgiving them... I really dont care if I EVER see them again. Besides them two and my mom, all I had left of my family was my uncle and he passed 3 months ago... I went through a tailspin for a few years but pulled myself out of it thanks to my wife of 3+ years and my kids/grandkids..

Well, I'm glad you had a good support system (family) to bring you out of that tailspin. Seeing my childhood home vandalized like that would make me have the same reaction. Sorry to hear about your uncle though, and glad you came back to us here.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Well, I'm glad you had a good support system (family) to bring you out of that tailspin. Seeing my childhood home vandalized like that would make me have the same reaction. Sorry to hear about your uncle though, and glad you came back to us here.

thank you... ok, now can we end this thread....???

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock