Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Need some Ideas about pulling my engine.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Need some Ideas about pulling my engine. by 87antuzzi
Started on: 05-20-2010 01:48 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Danyel on 05-20-2010 10:46 AM
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
My garage is too narrow to put the engine out of the side of the car so i need to pull it out of the rear. Only one problem, the engine lift is in the way. Last time i did something very ghetto and i dont want to do that again. So my question is how do i keep this thing in the air without the lift while I pull my engine? jackstands?? What side jackstand would i need? Or any other ideas on how to keep the car in the air while i slide the engine out would be nice.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I got this type of set up ... not my pics ... but it is almost the same

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I like it. How stable is it???
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
how about dropping the cradle? a pressure treated 4x4 under the rear foward the cradle. the board needs to be the width of the car jack it up. drop the cradle pull out the cradle from the rear and then put jack stands under the rear of the car. have done 3 fieros like this. good luck in your attempts
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I use 6 ton axle stands to hold mine up while pulling the engine/cradle. They are a lot taller than the smaller 3 tons ones I use for the initial lift. To pull from side I place them on the ledge in front of the cradle mount points. To pull from rear I place them on the bottom of the tub just in front of that area but be sure to chock the front wheels well as it's at such an angle it will try to slip (it doesn't but I would not like to be under there just in case).

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
When I jack the car up it really is solid... I also put floor stands once she's up there... I have four... 6 tons .....26 inches tall stands.. works just great ... If you look at the picture you will see angle irons and braces ... if you build it like that you will have NO PROBLEMS.. I used two pillars 4 in x 4 in x 10 ft and 4 in x 4 in x 8 ft on the top... the bottom feet are 4 in x 4 in x 3 ft. Beleive me its VERY solid.

Danyel

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock