wondering what my car is worth. by freedom0226
Started on: 05-20-2010 01:23 AM
Replies: 13
Last post by: freedom0226 on 05-21-2010 10:52 AM
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
hey i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what they think my car is worth i had some guy ask me if i was selling i told him no but was curious how much my 88 t top would sell for.. t tops do not leak at all. all weather stripping is in tact no cracks or rips at all. interior is also mint the cigg. lighter has never been used the ash trays are also new stock never used. all stock and very well kept by previous owner.

it is a 5 speed 88 gt. t top v6 absolutely no issues at all car feels great no check engine lights. i tried showing some really good pics. im just looking for prices and like to know what others here think how much this is worth.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
$2,500-$3,800 based on the pics, without more info that is about the best of my guess. Important things that could make it worth less are rust, especially in the trunk under the carpet, if it is a salvage title and if it is not an actual CJB coded T-Top car. How many miles on it will also effect the price.

It looks pretty nice in the pics. It is an 88 GT with T-Tops, which is a draw for collectors, but a few thing will keep it from getting as much as it could, and that are the things which have been changed and are not original. Seats, door panels, shifter trim and gauge trim, and it looks like some spray painting has been done in the engine bay. The paint looks great over most of the car, but the passenger side ground effects paint looks flat or spray painted.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great and would love to own it. The things I pointed out would not bother me personally, I am just pointing out some things you might want to address in the future if you decide to sell it and want the most $ out of it. If you are happy with it the way it is then who cares though right?

Nice car!

------------------

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I would pay as much as $4000 for it
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
Cmon guys, stop lying to him.
Your car is worth exactly $2. And its a fire hazard.
But because I feel sorry that you got suckered into buying such a life threatening vehicle I'll give $3 dollars and come pick it up.
Vince
Nice car, man.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
It all depends. Around PA (where you bought it) you might be able to get about $2K maby $3K for it. Were on the rust belt and theres a lot of fieros in PA. And i mean a LOT.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

http://home.xnet.com/~paulv/Price%20Guide.htm

Price guide...

How much is you car worth according to the guide? How many miles are on it?
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
I don't think a price guide like that means very much. Do a completed search on Ebay to find out what the Fieros are actually selling for, that will tell you what they are worth. Insurance company's do it that way too I believe when a vehicle gets totaled. I wish the price guide was the true value though, because my Fieros would be worth a lot more than what I actually get for them.

------------------

theBDub

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
No more than $50. I'll give you $100 for it and we'll call it a deal?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Damn, you just got that Fiero like a month ago and are considering selling?

I think you said it has over 100k on it in your initial post right? Based on what I've seen in our area, I'd say $3000ish.
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
PM me if you should decide to sell it.
PFF
System Bot
freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
thanks for the replies. it has 128xxx original miles. and the car has brand new taillights on it no delam or anything i mean spanking new....and i have all the receipts to prove he just did the brakes rotors calipers,. i repainted the engine grills and decided to also paint the air filter top and under the engine grills but its really rust free you can pull the whole carpet out and see its really clean the guy kept it indoors. you can tell the previous owner didnt just leave it outside..

im really not selling it but i just wanted to know since someone around my area asked me i didnt know what to say. im not just selling fieros to make money. i bought my 87 blue one and loved it sold that and got this 88 t top...

i was considering selling it for this 86 fiero 308 replica is seen not too far from my house. soo im still ??? about it..
an original 88 t top. or a 86 308 replica..???????????????

once again thanks for the info..
but thanks i was thinking 4k is the price i would sell it for if anything cause the only thing that needs to be repainted is the hood thats a little faded. other than that the car is perfectttttttttttt....

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by freedom0226:

thanks for the replies. it has 128xxx original miles. and the car has brand new taillights on it no delam or anything i mean spanking new....and i have all the receipts to prove he just did the brakes rotors calipers,. i repainted the engine grills and decided to also paint the air filter top and under the engine grills but its really rust free you can pull the whole carpet out and see its really clean the guy kept it indoors. you can tell the previous owner didnt just leave it outside..

im really not selling it but i just wanted to know since someone around my area asked me i didnt know what to say. im not just selling fieros to make money. i bought my 87 blue one and loved it sold that and got this 88 t top...

i was considering selling it for this 86 fiero 308 replica is seen not too far from my house. soo im still ??? about it..
an original 88 t top. or a 86 308 replica..???????????????

once again thanks for the info..
but thanks i was thinking 4k is the price i would sell it for if anything cause the only thing that needs to be repainted is the hood thats a little faded. other than that the car is perfectttttttttttt....

if you are happy with $4k for it and the guy wants it bad enough I bet you could get him to pay that. If not, it looks like there are others that posted in this thread who are willing to pay that for it.

A 308 Replica if done right and in good shape is probably worth as much or even more than the t-top GT is worth, but unless you are hung up on value I would just go for, or stick with, the one you like the most.

------------------

freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Direct Link to This Post
thanks fiero monkey. i am stuck on the 308 / mera replica i think there amazing . its as close as ill ever be to a real one . lmoa....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock