My to do list: the GM Carlisle edition by grkboy707
Started on: 05-19-2010 09:49 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: grkboy707 on 06-08-2010 06:20 AM
grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I figure ill show you guys what I'm up to. This is going to be a bunch of build threads, all in one. So, my list is as follows: finish building my interior, fill in decklid holes, coolant flush, fix fuel gauge, fix temp gauge, get TFS side scoop, oh and get the decklid painted. Small list, eh? So tonight, I was just able to remove the luggage rack and do a little work on te center console. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Cool man, can't wait to see it next month. Fill in those holes most of the way with some JB Weld, then use some kitty hair (resin and chopped fiberglass) to dill in and smooth the holes. And change the Frosted Flakes out with some Lucky Charms. LOL
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:
And change the Frosted Flakes out with some Lucky Charms. LOL

Actually, I used Ritas Popsicles for the armrest .
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Rofl, good luck with the list. I need to make one and have at it myself, one thing is i need to get the car back to the paint shop due to some Tard rubbing my front fender with his frikin heehaw wagon super sized i cant actually drive a tricycle truck. Why do shiny things attract idiots? I'm hoping the swap meet is good this year and i can tik off many of the upgrades i would like to get.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
I hate the city. I went down there today to buy the fiberglass for my decklid, and... Well, I'll keep my rant short. I hate one ways. I turned on one from an alley, but didn't realize... Until I got to the stoplight. It was facing away from me. I hate how streets turn into other streets on a straight away. I hate how google told me to take a left. I was supposed to make a right. So, I finally got there, but it turns out they close at an abnoxiously early time. I was hoping to dish out the decklid holes and finish my center console today. I was able to fit in enough time to LOOK at the centerconsole. UGH!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I really only need to finish the headliners in both my cars and im set premptive work people premptive work.
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I have to re-install my motor and another Getrag, and get everything straightened out.

Oh yea,
I have to RECEIVE the getrag... Hopefully it gets here and allows me enough time to get it in before the show!
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
wash-clay bar- shine- gas up & head north
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
^^^Lucky!

Updates:
Up until now, I havent found a camera. Luckily, I didnt get to far. So far, I have just dished out the holes on the decklid and filled them. Lots of sanding coming my way. I'll post pics from this point on.

City Rant #2:
So I went down there today, and discovered that rush hour in the city is a whole different idea from rush hour in hick-town, MD. 10 minutes per mile of travel. Then, I finally make it to the place (and theyre actually open), and it turns out they only distribute large quantities. So, after they sent me all around town to look for a distributor, I went back and they sold me some (with a $15 service fee!!!). So the stuff itself costed $40, but in essence, with the gas, food and product, I spent nearly $60 for this stuff!!!
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
My sanding was delayed today. Why? I got pulled over. Apparently, either the cop, or the MVA is wrong here. Cop says I can't go without a front license plate, MVA says I can (its a registered historic car). So, I had to build a license plate bracket to keep everyone happy. Very simple, very slim, almost looks like its hovering. I just took 2 pieces of steel, bent them, and attached to a large metal piece through the fascia. I have no pics . However, I did also get a quote on painting my decklid, bumper, and the nice scratch I made while sanding the decklid . $260. That also includes bodywork to the decklid. Apparently I'm not good enough!
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
In Maryland if the car with historic plates has no physical provision for a front plate its ok. That means no spot molded in for the plate like a trans am or grand am or like what some model year corvettes have.
PFF
System Bot
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Thats what I thought. I'm gonna ask the MVA again, and get a written consent, to keep in my car if I get pulled over again. For the time being though, I'll keep the bracket.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately my to-do list doesn't matter as it looks like PA DMV won't have my car registered Classic in time for Carlisle Oh well, looking forward to being completely painted and ready for the Lititz show in the fall.
Mytime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeDirect Link to This Post
Just curious. Why'd you go into the city to get fiberglass supplies? Something special you needed? There's a place near you on Bel Air road, Richman's where I get all my paint and bodywork stuff. Doug
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mytime:

Just curious. Why'd you go into the city to get fiberglass supplies? Something special you needed? There's a place near you on Bel Air road, Richman's where I get all my paint and bodywork stuff. Doug

Richmans? Where is that? I needed fancy SMC fiberglass putty.
Mytime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay, had to go look it up on a receipt. 2713 Bel Air rd.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mytime:

Sorry for the delay, had to go look it up on a receipt. 2713 Bel Air rd.

Wow, that is right around the bend. I'll check it out as soon as I can. Thanks!
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
The City: The gift that just keeps on givin'.

So today in the mail, I got a nice letter from the city, explaining how they love my Fiero, and would like to see it more often. No. Actually, it was saying how I got a $75 fine for making a right on red. I don't understand how they have a "No turn on red" sign there, because its just a small, almost residential, road coming out of only one side of a relatively larger road. There is no possible bad out come of me turning on red. So for the record, this fiberglass costed $135. I hate the city.

Soooo... Updates? Why not.

1. I took the decklid in for paint last Monday (sorry for the delay, I totally forgot about this thread). I found out yesterday that there were some bubbles that supposedly came up from the fiberglass in the heat. That is bad, but I'm hoping the painter was exaggerating. Since I've had the decklid off, I have been using a temporary one that I bought off a buddy of mine.

2. Not much else has happened. I've gotten "a little" further with my center console, and today, I hope to put another layer on it and the gauge pod. I have decided I'm gonna cover the 2 with leather, but have the double-stitched seams following the egdes. I also added a brake job and tail light mod to my to-do. Now I still have to: brake job, tail lights, finish center console, coolant flush, temp gauge, fuel gauge, dye interior and finish gauge pod.

3. Mytime- I checked out Richmans, and as fiberglass goes, they seem to have a good assortment of brands of the same thing as Bondo putty. However, it seems like a good place to go for other things.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Changing brake pads- 30 minute job, my @$$!!!!
So, the "fun" started rather early when I found out they gave me the pads for the front, when I was doing the back. But it doesn't stop there. It took an hour and a half to get the driver side pads on. This is where it gets good. I start on the pass. side, compressing the piston. I notice a small leak coming down. Turns out, I split the gasket in 2. Now, I'm basically grounded (not by anyone choice) until I get a new caliper...which will be fun because I have $20, and don't get paid till next wedsday. Hopefully, my dad can lend me some serious $$$$.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Changing brake pads- 30 minute job, my @$$!!!!
So, the "fun" started rather early when I found out they gave me the pads for the front, when I was doing the back. But it doesn't stop there. It took an hour and a half to get the driver side pads on. This is where it gets good. I start on the pass. side, compressing the piston. I notice a small leak coming down. Turns out, I split the gasket in 2. Now, I'm basically grounded (not by anyone choice) until I get a new caliper...which will be fun because I have $20, and don't get paid till next wedsday. Hopefully, my dad can lend me some serious $$$$.

I might have a rebuilt one on my parts car. ill sell it cheaper than the store. but you gota come up here for it

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post
Yeah... That would be a problem seeing how it's already difficult to get a ride to school :/ Thanks for the offer though.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock