Need help, Purchasing. by dejulio
Started on: 05-19-2010 02:17 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: vinny on 05-19-2010 09:05 PM
dejulio

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dejulioSend a Private Message to dejulioDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I was planning on getting a parts car for my 85 GT Today the guy told $150 a couple days back so i was psyched about getting it.. well I called the guy today to make sure it was still kool that i came and picked it up and he proceeded to tell me that he allready sold it.. WHAT?!?!? the guy promised it to me and we had a deal to pick it up and everything so im kinda sipped off but thats life i guess.

Any way now to the point of me posting, I am wondering if someone could tell me how much it would cost me to get a replacement for my body panels i need.

Thanks guys
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
looks like you need a sail panel and an intake panel. stock replacement shouldnt be too much from a junk yard. you can get aftermarket onesfordecently cheap,200ish a pair. sail panels..not too sure about. i know people make them.
dejulio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dejulioSend a Private Message to dejulioDirect Link to This Post
well i need the whole piece around the top and sides because as you can see its broke off and just exposing fiberglass. i may check the junk yards around here im tryin not to dish out a bunch lol
thanks for the reply
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
Those parts are the same on all 84-88 notchies, so you should be able to find them in a junkyard fairly cheap. Our "U pull and Pay" here almost always has an 84 in it and I think they would charge $45 for the upper part and $10-15 for the lower, plus you get the practice of removal at the yard !
dejulio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dejulioSend a Private Message to dejulioDirect Link to This Post
ok good, Thanks alot guys.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I will say this about the car buying thing that will help you the next time. If I held a car for someone that was the first to stop by and tell me they wanted it I think I would still own every car I have ever bought. always have cash in hand if you are going to look other wise you are waisting everyones time. even if you do not buy because it may not be what you thought or wanted. I think some people just have nothing better to do these days than window shop and they got sick of the stores

I am not knocking you in any way, I had to learn once myself
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dejulio:

Ok so I was planning on getting a parts car for my 85 GT Today the guy told $150 a couple days back so i was psyched about getting it.. well I called the guy today to make sure it was still kool that i came and picked it up and he proceeded to tell me that he allready sold it.. WHAT?!?!? the guy promised it to me and we had a deal to pick it up and everything so im kinda sipped off but thats life i guess.

Any way now to the point of me posting, I am wondering if someone could tell me how much it would cost me to get a replacement for my body panels i need.

SAME thing happened to me just a few weeks ago. A forum member offered a 88 coupe in the mall for free. Someone beat me too it but realized it was too far away and let me have dibs on it in which I contacted the owner to let him know I would come get it that weekend. Next thing I know he is e-mailing me that the car is gone! I mean, He offered it to the forum and I accepted...... Do you know the term Indian Giver? It really pissed me off. But what can you do? He got a BIG FAT - from me. Anyway..............never mind my rant. I guess we all have to take the good with the bad.

Good luck!

Vinny

Thanks guys

------------------
88GT (permanently under the knife)
80 Trans am (also under the knife)
02 Trans am (sometimes under the knife)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors