Started on: 05-18-2010 03:20 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: fiamma on 05-19-2010 01:48 PM
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Just throwing this out as I am looking to sell it soon and want some opinions. Thank you to all those that reply.

The goods: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT (clone - originally a coupe), pw, pl, pm, sunroof, cruise, delay wiper, 5 speed (Izusu).

1991 Cadillac 4.9l motor (V8), which includes: all new gaskets, Delta cam performance cam, Manley performance push rods rods, new oil pump, heads decked and ported, manifolds (intake and exhaust) ported, injectors rebuilt, new plugs, coil, rotor cap, new water pump, new starter, steel rocker bridge, custom ECM programming, Passkey still active for security, new timing chain set, new mains and rod bearings, oil cooler installed, new stainless steel fuel lines, new throttle cable (not modified), new fuel pump, fuel tank relined, new heater core, custom exhaust. Roughly 15000 km (9500 miles) since the motor was put back together.

Cradle solid mounted (Darrell Morse Aluminum bushings), WS6 suspension package installed, poly urethane bushing front and rear, new shocks and struts, new wheel bearings and seals front and rear, new brake: calipers, pads, hoses, master cylinder, e-brake handle and cables.

rebuilt tranny (bearings and seals), **spare rebuilt 5 speed tranny/axles/steering rack and a spare front sway bar (was to be mounted to the rear), Spec stage 3 clutch (spare disc), new clutch master cylinder and slave (using MR2 piston/seals).

rebuilt headlight motors (gears and brush assemblies), driving light assemblies, battery front mounted (aluminum tray - WCF)

Interior consists of: 4th generation Firebird dash and console, 1998 Firebird gauge package (digital odometer) - includes fuel gauge and tach mods, Fiero HVAC system modified to work with the Firebird HVAC controls, Custom door panels modeled on the Firebird panels (leather inserts), new fiberglass headliner (fabric covered), HUMount backlit radio mount, Clarion CD/MP3/WMA/Hard drive player c/w remote, Hertz 6" separates door speakers, Cerwin Vega B pillar speakers (separates), aftermarket sub in stock location (Performance slider still works), Hurst Firebird leather shift knob, Mr. Mike seats.

new inner and outer dew wipes., new windshield, new 1/4 windows.

interior rewired for new windows/mirror/lock switches and location.

All new door/hatch locks and ignition switch (with new keys - 2 sets), keyless entry, remote start. Everything works as it should, car was used for 2 years as a daily driver all year (I will probably throw in extra rims with winter rubber on them). Frame is in good condition (ie: no rust holes).

Also of note: the side mirros have been painted body color (picture where prior to this) and the engine grills powder coated SG black. Also will include the Firebird steering wheel and extra hardware to incorporate the steering wheel controls (I did have it all installed, but didn't like how close the wheel sat towards me - it get moved a total of about 2" - 1" for the clockspring unit and the wheel is about another 1" deeper). Also the roof panel is now painted black as well.

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 05-19-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
What? No opinions???

$6000 - $8000 - $10000 - other???
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
If I remember my 4.9 Chop top sold on Ebay for a little over $4000.00
RockyBalboaLives

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post
I'd give you $4500 no haggle cash money as it sets right now
fiamma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiammaSend a Private Message to fiammaDirect Link to This Post
Not an expert here, but my impression...I like your car, lots of good things done to it.
It's hard to find many exact comparables so the price depends a lot on finding the
right buyer. Maybe $5,000-$6000, could be more if a buyer really wants the car.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock