Started on: 05-18-2010 10:22 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 05-22-2010 01:00 AM
watts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
Fiero stripping that is....

Come see the two parts of fun we had.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BykSY2NIRKY
(link to part 2 is at the end)

------------------

87/88 Med Met Red V6 5spd "FormulaGT" Turbo
86 Black GT 4spd - stock {for sale}

[This message has been edited by watts (edited 05-18-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
The real fun was taking the 3/4 stripped bare car for a cruise, its amazing how quick a 4 banger can be with no doors, no hood, no trunk, no fenders, no roof, no windshield, no rear clip, no fender liners, no interior, no dash, speedo or anything but seats and a shifter. I think is in the beginning of part 2.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
That car is not even rusted out. I have seen members start out with way worse cars.

Then I get to part two and the car runs drives and everything.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 05-18-2010).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Can we get a vote here... I vote for adding these video's to the faces of death series. It's a sad sad day.
watts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
If by some chance you're missing the link to PART 2 right at the end... just click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8icC3g_hG8
(just found it odd that there's a 2:1 view rate on the two parts!)

The naked body (of the car...) driving sequence is in the 2nd part.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
i think after the fist one they can't stomach to watch anymore. I know i had a hard time watching. It was almost like watching mythbusters or csi.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
LOL, here on the West Coast, cars in that condition are pretty much the worst you find, and when there are 10 others that are rust free however need a few bits to fix them, we take the rusty ones, chop them up and let their parts save 10 other cars.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Well up here in NY fiero's themselves are scarce at best. That one wasn't too bad..... repairable. The only real nice ones i see up here are trailer queens. Right now i'm looking for a fastback gt... HA! not for less then $4000 and a ton of rust.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Well up here in NY fiero's themselves are scarce at best. That one wasn't too bad..... repairable. The only real nice ones i see up here are trailer queens. Right now i'm looking for a fastback gt... HA! not for less then $4000 and a ton of rust.

I second that, I've been waiting for a nice Fastback 5 speed for under 5k with less than 70k on it and its been a stretch. I've seen a few already, but passed them up for stupid reasons.. That looked like a lot of fun though, I'd register it the way it was haha.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

i think after the fist one they can't stomach to watch anymore. I know i had a hard time watching. It was almost like watching mythbusters or csi.

I have to agree.
the one part I did like was him driving it without anything on it. I would've loved to have tried that. lol
watts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
One thing you can't see in the video, is the actual metal feel. In many many places, though it looked OK, it was paper thin!

Some spots on the frame rails, you could literally push it in with your FINGER!
When I zoomed in on the shifter cable pass through area - it might have looked ok, but when I pulled the cables out, that whole area nearly pulled away!

My heavily loaded, very much rebuilt, '86 GT 5 speed will be up for sale soon if you're still looking.
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by watts:
My heavily loaded, very much rebuilt, '86 GT 5 speed will be up for sale soon if you're still looking.

Let me guess... 6k+? lol then shipping $1500+
watts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, 6-7, something like that.

The shipping is YOUR fault for living on the wrong coast though.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
To hell with shipping, it would be one hell of a good reason for a road trip. I'd bet you could do it in a week and not even be pushing it.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
The one I scrapped due to rust was already folding in with the roof on. The doors were hard to open and shut. The rear strut tower rusted free from the upper frame and pushed up through the deck lid. They had to haul it off when I was not home because I was still trying to find a way to save it. (exaggerated, but you get the point.)
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

The one I scrapped due to rust was already folding in with the roof on. The doors were hard to open and shut. The rear strut tower rusted free from the upper frame and pushed up through the deck lid. They had to haul it off when I was not home because I was still trying to find a way to save it. (exaggerated, but you get the point.)

Sounds like the one i have now. Only, I still drive it every day.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I thought this was going to be a political thread.
watts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
I clicked on it hoping for hard core pr0n.

Then I remembered that I started the thread, and was sorely disappointed at my aging memory.
(or not. what were we talking about?)
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by watts:

I clicked on it hoping for hard core pr0n.

Then I remembered that I started the thread, and was sorely disappointed at my aging memory.
(or not. what were we talking about?)

What are you talking about? Its something we all love and its naked. I'd call that pr0n. I even got inside it and drove it hard, and put it away wet.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock