Started on: 05-17-2010 11:55 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Finally_Mine_86_GT on 05-18-2010 12:05 AM
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
As some of you know i was backed into a corner and had no choice to sell my 86 gt to somebody for dirt cheap with a verbal agreement to buy back in 1yr or less. Only to have the guy screw me immensely. Anyway.. The 86 2m4 i recently picked up has got some issues and i'm looking at a good chunk of change to fix it. OR... Try and find another fastback and take the hit financially when i sell the one i have. Not sure what to do... I need opinions...

So far i have priced out what i will need for mine to be back to good condition. And i can't seem to find a fastback in my area for around the same price as parts. Just can't believe how many people started smoking the funny stuff and added thousands to the real world price of our cars. Seems as though it's going to be an uphill battle either way i go. I don't really have the time to do everything to my car that it needs nor do i have the retarded amount of cash that it would be to have somebody else do it. The motor is strong and the brakes still work for now... Gotta replace,

bushings everywhere (yes they are almost all bad)
ebrake cables
mounts
tires
clutch
rear axle boots (just the boots right now)
misc brake work is almost needed.
ball joints
tie rods
non cruise wiper switch
shifter assembly (or rebuild kit)
etc etc...

What to do??? What to do???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
What exactley are you looking to spend. If you want to come to my area there is a red GT on craigslist for $2000
Rck152

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Direct Link to This Post
if otherwise in good shape offer for trade at the mall. never know someone may be looking for a new project car.

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
1985 Fiero GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
trying to stay under $1500.... if i had to trade mine plus cash i would do my car and $1000. Then again i don't care if it needs paint and stupid things that can wait.

just not sure what way to go...

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 05-18-2010).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock