Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  unless something bad or unexpected happens, im getting myself an 88 Formula xD

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

unless something bad or unexpected happens, im getting myself an 88 Formula xD by faaaaq
Started on: 05-16-2010 06:39 AM
Replies: 17
Last post by: faaaaq on 05-16-2010 04:35 PM
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
extremely excited. cant stop looking at the pictures of it lol. the info i have so far is as follows: 88k miles. white notchie, Formula, v6, auto, sunroof, head gaskets replaced recently. she wants $2000 cash. said she MIGHT accept my Fiero for a partial trade. going to call her later maybe. might have to take a small loan to get it, but it will be far more reliable than my current Fiero and IMO a good investment (not to mention a way to FINALLY get some credit...). ideally i would like to get it in a week, maybe 2 or 3. my dad just told me an hour or so ago that he would never cosign on a loan for ANYONE for any reason lol, so i will probably have to ask my grandma to cosign. if she will, i will get the lowest loan i can get at or over $2500 (maybe $3k, so i can pay my grandma back the $700 she gave me to buy my Fiero in the first place lol). that is assuming she will NOT accept my Fiero for a partial trade, or will only accept it in place of a small amount of money.

anyone have the production numbers on White 88 v6 Auto Notchie Formula w/ Sunroof (dont know what makes the Formula special, so idk what is included in the "Formula" package)?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ert342

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ert342Send a Private Message to ert342Direct Link to This Post
The formula is just the GT drivetrain with the coupe body I'm pretty sure.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Congrats on your pending purchase.

The Formula was a model/trim designation for 1988 only. It basically replaced the SE trim level from prior years. It has the GT suspension tuning (WS6), wheels, and V6 engine paired with the base 4 cyl coupe body. In that regard, it is a little different than prior SE's which could be had with a 4 cyl too, and used the Aero fascias.

Production stats: 5643 Formulas. 1303 were white. I don't have a model specific breakdown for the other options. Of all 88 Fieros, 52.4% were automatics, 36.6% had sunroofs.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
yeah, right after i posted my threads, i did a search and got most of that information lol. thanks either way

now i am just trying to think of who i can borrow $250 from (just for a couple days at most) and who i can get to co-sign a loan. i would be able to pay the loan off in less than a few months, so i dont need anyone nagging me (i saw someone the other day say if you need a loan, you dont need whatever it is you are trying to buy). im thinking my grandma lol... guy wants $200 down to hold it for me till i get a loan, and he thinks it might be sold tonight if this other dude comes thru. only work it needs is new distributor IIRC (says he has an aftermaket one that causes the engine to miss once the chip warms up), and rear(? idr) ball joints.

i want this so bad lol... going to call my grandmother in a bit and see what she says, then call the dude (Jan) and let him know whats up (ideally if gramma says yes, drive to her hous for a bit, get the money, then drive to him in Eau Claire), then go to the bank tomorrow, or asap. and if everything works out, have the car in no more than a week.. guy said he wouldnt want someone driving it such a long distance with the ball joints needing replacing, so i figured i could find a shop up there and have them do it. how much would that run me? and does anyone has a distributor that would work in an 88 Formula? i cant pay you atm, but would gladly pay you when the loan comes (ask phonedawgz, i pay. paid a small amount, but i still paid)
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Patience Grasshopper...............
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Patience Grasshopper...............

im trying lol, but it is EXACTLY what i was looking for. better actually. 88k miles, Formula, needs almost no work, for $2000? do want. lol
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post
After reading all this...in a nut shell...

You need to borrow $250 from someone, then talk your grandmother (to whom you already owe money to which is probably why your not asking her for the $250) into co signing for a loan, which you say you could pay off "in less than a few months"?

If your grandmother has any commen sence, she should be saying NO before you are finished asking.lol!

Kevin
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

After reading all this...in a nut shell...

You need to borrow $250 from someone, then talk your grandmother (to whom you already owe money to which is probably why your not asking her for the $250) into co signing for a loan, which you say you could pay off "in less than a few months"?

If your grandmother has any commen sence, she should be saying NO before you are finished asking.lol!

Kevin

why would she say no? with the loan, i would pay off everything i owe her. and, i have a steady job...so im not going to default on the loan. and i said i WOULD ask my gramma for the $250 lol
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
You are young and hungry so I'll try and not preach to you. You have a car now that runs.....you want to buy another car that the owner says she wouldn't drive like it is, it only needs bla,bla I think.. This new car could wind up having more wrong with it than you expect and then what will you do??? If you can't afford to fix the one you have you won't be able to fix the new one and you will owe someone $2000 plus..........
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

You are young and hungry so I'll try and not preach to you. You have a car now that runs.....you want to buy another car that the owner says she wouldn't drive like it is, it only needs bla,bla I think.. This new car could wind up having more wrong with it than you expect and then what will you do??? If you can't afford to fix the one you have you won't be able to fix the new one and you will owe someone $2000 plus..........

i know that already lol. but, my car is dying not so slowly. runs ok for now, but unless the Formula has some unforseen issue, it will be more reliable...which i need. just gotta understand im not trying to buy it because im greedy or "hungry," it just so happens that i found a car i REALLY want AND it is what i need (cheap, ok on fuel, not awful expensive to repair, most likely more reliable than my car).

edit ot add: i forgot to mention, this will also help me in the long run in regards to my credit. i have no credit ATM lol. getting a small loan and paying it off will at least give me a LITTLE credit

and ftr, the owner (who is a "he" actually. Swedish name or something) just said he wouldnt drive it for too long of a distance due to the ball joints or whatever. otherwise they would drive it around town all day no problem

[This message has been edited by faaaaq (edited 05-16-2010).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

why would she say no?

Well let's see, you are asking her to co sign on a loan of say $3000. Of which $950 of that you will give back to her to pay off the $700, plus the $250 you just got from her. Leaving you $2100 to buy the car.
How long have you owed her the $700? More then two weeks?
How long have you been working at your steady job, that you don't have the $250 to get the ball rolling?
Now I'm only guessing, since you don't even have the $250 to start with, even after looking for a car you really want, you might have problems paying the loan. Miss a few payments, now it's her baby. Now she is paying on money, that has been given to her, to settle a previous debt, only now with interest! But at least you can say you paid her back the $950, and only responsible for the $2100.....I don't know, maybe she is OK with that.

Kevin

PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
obviously you wont have faith in me lol, you dont know me. you are speaking from the perspective on a stranger, and your personal opinion. i have not been working for too long, and i have owed her the $700 since September (not really OWED her, she doesnt expect me to pay her back, but i will). even if i get fired from my job or something bad like that, i will take a burger flipping job in order to pay for the loan. i am trustworthy, responsible, and reliable. my family knows that.

worst case scenario, i need to ask my aunt to loan me the $2000 (that i would pay off in installments. im not looking for a handout)
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

i am trustworthy, responsible, and reliable. my family knows that.

And that's why your dad has your back....good luck in your adventures.

Kevin

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I never called you Greedy...........but you are Hungry. Being hungry can be a good thing, it can give you the drive it takes got get things done.

I know what it's like to be hungry. My father died when I was 15, I lived in public housing. I dropped out of school and had a full time job at 17. I joined the Army at 18 and have been on my own since then. I guess I was lucky to have that option as it taught how to take care of myself

Patience......... Good thing come to those who wait and work for them. I got a GED while in the Army and started taking Collage courses. after I discharged I got the first job I applied for and worked there for 30 years retiring at the age of 51...... My home is paid for and I have more toys than any one man deserves............ And while I have had a few loans I have never asked anyone for anything.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

And that's why your dad has your back....good luck in your adventures.

Kevin

lol, my dad will not co-sign for ANYONE. family, friend, wife, gf, NOBODY. plus....i dont think he has very good credit either lol
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

faaaaq

3856 posts
Member since Sep 2009

I never called you Greedy...........but you are Hungry. Being hungry can be a good thing, it can give you the drive it takes got get things done.

I know what it's like to be hungry. My father died when I was 15, I lived in public housing. I dropped out of school and had a full time job at 17. I joined the Army at 18 and have been on my own since then. I guess I was lucky to have that option as it taught how to take care of myself

Patience......... Good thing come to those who wait and work for them. I got a GED while in the Army and started taking Collage courses. after I discharged I got the first job I applied for and worked there for 30 years retiring at the age of 51...... My home is paid for and I have more toys than any one man deserves............ And while I have had a few loans I have never asked anyone for anything.

normally i am quite patient, but i think it would be smartest to take this deal now if i can, rather than wait till i have the cash on-hand and buy something either more expensive or in worse condition. not to mention, like i said, a loan would help me get a little credit (i KNOW i can afford the loan, unless the payments are outrageous lol)
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
If you don't know what the payments are how do you know you can afford it??
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

If you don't know what the payments are how do you know you can afford it??

i already knew a rough guess of the payments from when my buddy was looking up loans a few weeks ago. and now i KNOW what the payments would be and i CAN afford them.

anyways, this thread might as well die, getting the Formula is not looking good, as most places dont do loans for cars that old, or under $7.5k for that matter

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock