New Guy Saying Hello by tiretread
Started on: 05-16-2010 12:59 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Dirty Harry on 05-19-2010 09:37 PM
tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadClick Here to Email tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post
Hello All. My name is Russ and I'm the new owner of a 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE. It has about 87k on the odo and the body and frame seem to be in fairly decent shape. I have been lurking here for the past couple of week and have really appreciated all the information and expertise on this site. Amazing stuff. I want to learn how to paint a car so I thought a Fiero would be a pretty good choice. Here's a pic:

I'm currently deployed to Iraq for another 7 months but will be home to visit the car (and g/f) in Sept. Can't wait! Looking forward to learning more about the Fiero from the site. Thanks for having me!

BTW- Big thanks to BMWGuru for helping me out with a tow of the car to the g/f's house. Speedy service! Thanks to your wife Joey as well.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroClick Here to Email mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! May I suggest visiting the girlfriend before visiting the Fiero when you get back.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, and thank you very, very much for your service to our country.

The Fiero looks nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageClick Here to Email Jarhead 2m4Send a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Well you certainly know how to say hello. With Pics!

From this service member, stay safe and come home soon!

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Click Here to Email jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
welcome brother be safe and thanks for your time of service. may god bless you.everyone will waite for you.
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Click Here to Email Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Direct Link to This Post
Welcome, nice ride. ty and be safe.

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
1985 Fiero GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix

tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadClick Here to Email tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Welcome! May I suggest visiting the girlfriend before visiting the Fiero when you get back.

Sure will since the car is at her house! lol. I'm going to visit my dad in Florida as well. He's got my other Pontiac.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
Welcome,

Nice looking car.

Rich
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum Russ. Thank you for your service and you stay safe.
Larry

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the family... Thank you so very much for your part in keeping my family safe... Have you seen any Fieros over there..??

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-16-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
What a way to come out swingin'! Pics. Informative explanation of his Fiero intentions. An American Soldier (For which my family and I are forever grateful). Giving thanks directly to 2 valued Pennock's members, and inderectly to everyone else. The only thing missing, is the popcorn...
Oh wait!? Here it is...

Welcome to the forum. Keep your head down, and your eyes up.
PFF
System Bot
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoClick Here to Email faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum and as always the addiction as well =)
-Frankie

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 5 speed
*NYFOC*

tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadClick Here to Email tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post
The addiction has already struck. I went and purchased these rims on eBay tonight! My g/f is going to be pissed that this car is getting more mail than she is!

Here's the rims:

This and a brake kit (and fixing the leak in the exhaust) are the only mods I'm doing until I paint the darned thing!!! Once I'm done with my GTO, I'll go all out with this car.
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzClick Here to Email aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Very nice choice of wheels. Those will look awesome!
If I was you, I would look for a different decklid--one without the luggage rack.
thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Click Here to Email thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
From one service member to another, keep your head down and watch your six, then come home and enjoy the girlfriend and the car, and my I suggest in that order. From the sounds of it we'll be headed that way in around a year.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerClick Here to visit R Runner's HomePageClick Here to Email R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!!!! It is an addiction for sure.

Thank you for serving our country. It means alot to me, my wife, and my two little girls who have yet to know how bad things are in the real world. Stay safe and stay focused while at "work" and then take some R&R thinking about your car. The forum is good for that. Someone is always around to talk to.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageClick Here to Email bmwguruSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
Russ,
It was a pleasure to haul your Fiero for you and thank you for the kind words.
Here is a link to a few pics taken that day....
Dave

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/074893-2.html#p59
------------------

www.hausofguru.com

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 05-16-2010).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsClick Here to Email blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, nice ride you have there. Stay safe and thanks for doing what you do.

Ron

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum ....like mentionned above stay safe
Danyel

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadClick Here to Email tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Russ,
It was a pleasure to haul your Fiero for you and thank you for the kind words.
Here is a link to a few pics taken that day....
Dave

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/074893-2.html#p59

Thanks once again and I appreciate the pics!
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarryClick Here to Email Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
Hello Russ, good to have you aboard. Saw the note above about the decklid. Have a deal for you. If you are going to be near Orlando when you visit your dad, you can stop by & I'll give you a smooth decklid with no wing or one that had a wing (now missing) with holes drilled & you add the wing. Let me know if you are interested. Appreciate your sacrifice & service. Harry

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock