Anyone sell ricer wing stands? by Australian
Started on: 05-15-2010 08:50 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Australian on 10-12-2010 08:54 AM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for rice wingstands eiffel tower legs. Seems i can buy a whole wing for $120 delivered. But for legs i like about $170. I dont really want the ricer wing just the stands anyone know where to get ricer wing stands. Made of Aluminium i would think. If the stands are $100 i probably will forget the idea.
I want to mount the GT wing on high ricer stands. Perhaps someone hs done this any pics?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wmorse

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wmorseSend a Private Message to wmorseDirect Link to This Post
Rck 152's car from the "who has the best looking notchback" thread...

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Talk to Fierosmith. He has been making some stands that can be installed 3 different ways to make it higher or lower. They are of really good quality.
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jarhead & 2farnorth.

I'm currently manufacturing wing stands, I could consider making a unique set.

This is one of the development photos of what I'm making...

These are adjustable for wing height, and also down force pitch.

I designed these with possible racing applications...

Jim
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Real ricers make them out of plywood and drywall screws.....
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Or closet organizer wire racks and supports...
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Surely there Mechano set spoilers cant be this hard to find as the spoilers are everywhere.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierosmith:

Thanks Jarhead & 2farnorth.

I'm currently manufacturing wing stands, I could consider making a unique set.

This is one of the development photos of what I'm making...

These are adjustable for wing height, and also down force pitch.

I designed these with possible racing applications...

Jim

now THAT is pretty neat. Nothing ricerish about a well designed, functional spoiler. This is something I may be interested in if I ever do set my car up for some type of SCCA racing. I think ?Blacktree? was the only other car I recall as having a functional adjustable spoiler, but I think he ended up changing designs and going to a fixed wing.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I agree that ones ok if you like wings. Main thing that makes it NON rice is that its an original appearing spoiler and actually functions being adjustable. If you like them, even just the taller stands available look good. I just dont like any at all really, and especially hi tech looking junk aluminum crap from Japan. I dont even like them on stock 70s Mustangs and Mopars. I only like lip spoilers that are part of the body or bolt right on the rear edge of the decklid. Like old Camaros and Shelbys. Thank god even Nascars got rid of ricer wings. Right away track records were broken with the new (old) spoiler.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
www.fierowarehouse.com you can get stock designed wing stands up to 8" tall, i think stock is 2.5-3" so 8" stands will put the wing up nearly to the roof level.

matthew

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 05-19-2010).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads up guys but not really what i am looking for.
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrBoernie:

Thanks everyone for your opinion. My inspiration for a black wing on a red car was something like this:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Btw, it looks like a Fiero wing

From another thread but something like this...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock